the Rift

[PRIVATE] Failure [Moon Goddess]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky

The Goddess' tail lashed back and forth, as if taking the place of a tapping foot, or an ever shifting hand. Her gaze simmered, almost as if she realized that Alysanne wasn't understanding the message she was trying to communicate. And so, through wide nostrils the Goddess drew a breath, calming herself and beginning anew. When she spoke, her voice was tempered and much more moderate. The anger had entirely disappeared, though her disappointment hadn't.

"Pain is necessary." She began, slowly, as if teaching something very confusing to a child. "It exists to teach us things - when to stop, how far to push ourselves. Pain serves as a way to avoid even more pain. That is why to have the ability to take it away, is a dangerous thing. That is why your quest was to learn about it and understand it. My hope was that you would not wield this magic dumbly, but would instead know when to withhold it, for sometimes, pain is a good thing." The Goddess paused, staring intently at Aly to ensure that she was listening. But of course she was, and so the Goddess continued.

"You could not complete your final task. Why?" Rhetorical. "Presumably because you thought it too cruel, or perhaps because it hurt you too much to do so. But we've already established that pain is not always bad. And you've indicated that you would take on pain if it meant helping others. Are you really standing before me now, saying that you wouldn't allow one of your fellow herd-mates to suffer, even if it meant you would receive this magic and could end countless amounts of sufferings? Are you being selfish Aly, or just short-sighted?" Though her words were curt, it was clear from her expression that she really was trying to make the healer understand. She could look at it one of two ways: either, she allowed one herd member to suffering (and the Goddess never stipulated that it had to be a lot of suffering, just a moderate amount), in order for Aly to receive this intangible and immense gift. Surely the warriors of the herd would do so happily, as would a few others. Or, Aly could choose to see it as herself enduring the pain - which she already said that she would do.

The Goddess' tail flicked back and forth.v

"Mine is not to decide your magic, Aly. Mine is to prepare you for it."

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Failure [Moon Goddess] - by Alysanne - 03-19-2016, 07:36 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by God of the Moon - 03-25-2016, 09:56 AM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by Alysanne - 03-26-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by God of the Moon - 03-26-2016, 04:48 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by Alysanne - 03-26-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by God of the Moon - 04-18-2016, 12:46 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by Alysanne - 04-20-2016, 07:04 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by God of the Moon - 04-24-2016, 10:57 AM