the Rift

[OPEN] This way, that way, over there, wrong way

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Not the five feet of water to your chin

If she takes me as being rude, she doesn’t let us much on with that smile, and the casual way she agrees with not being Zandora.  It instantly gets it through to my head that I like her – she’s not an uptight piece of work like Ki’irha, or Erthë.

So my lips mimic the friendliness her smile, golden eyes running over her face now that’s presented to me; three horns adorn her face, which is a decided bonus, most of my company as of late having been hornless.  While I didn’t necessarily write them off as companions because of their deformities, I did certainly prefer others of my kind, mostly because the potential of those relationships going badly seemed less.  The material her horns are comprised of is pretty, the facets of its color many, even in the shadow, and I can’t help but wonder what appearance they would take on were we to walk the sunlit meadows just beyond this ancient forest.

Her assumption that I had been disappointed is wrong – but I let it go.  I’m rarely disappointed by much, having learned already in the short seasons of my life that there are matters much more worthy of chagrin than meeting with a stranger, rather than someone I’d once walked patrols with.  The likelihood that it was only a social nicety does not burrow its way into my path of logic, mostly because I rarely say anything for the sake of etiquette, or being nice.  I say things because I personally feel they either need to be said, or don’t.

Not to say that I don’t occasionally say nice things, like when Fiachra, as she introduces herself, elaborates on the fact that she is lost, and that she just so happens to be looking for the Aurora Basin.

The truth, that she’s lost enough as to be laughed at, is a point I don’t miss – though I don’t laugh at her, to be fair, quite factually making it a point to restrain my need to poke fun at others.  I just smile a little bigger, and let the twinkle in my golden eyes snicker for me.

"Ah, I’m Rikyn," I reply to the nervously chattering woman, consenting to use my real name, as it seems we’ll be going places where my flimsy lies about what I’m called probably won’t hold up as they do with other games I play, "the Basin your herd?"

I don’t wait for answer, letting the pine, stone, and snow smell lingering over her predominantly Fiachra perfumes answer for me, leaving not but a heartbeats room between the question and the next series of words.

"I know how to get there, either way," my smile is lopsided, playful and full of the stupid valor of youth, my tail swaying behind me in evidence of how very pleased I am to be, yet again, the man of the hour, riding in to save the day, "I can take you, if you’d like.  It’d be nice to see old uncle Deimos again, anyway."

How very deviously my eyes glimmer at the thought of “old uncle Deimos’” face at being called such by the cheeky son of a woman he’d never been able to get along with – regardless, my words are true.  I did, from time to time, think about the big figures of my childhood, and miss them… even crazy, moon-eyed Zikar Sin.

but the inch above the tip of your nose.

@Fiachra

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
RE: This way, that way, over there, wrong way - by Rikyn - 04-07-2016, 04:35 PM