the Rift

[OPEN] Run, Run Lost Boy

Daetiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I shivered, buckling in against the cold winds that whipped around my frame as I pressed as close as I felt I safely could to the delicate egg. Ebony tresses settling against the pale grey surface in a feeble attempt to protect the child from further freezing while I looked warily for the mother of this precious infant. Ears flicked back into a tangled mane as a sigh, in the form of a cloud of steam, rolled forward from slightly parted lips. There didn't seem to be anyone around, and I was now stuck here, nesting in the snow while attempting to protect someone else's child. I had no desire for a child of my own, so why did I feel the need to care for this egg I had so carelessly kicked a couple inches through the thick blanket of snow.

It didn't take long for the icy air to settle into my flesh, numbing everything and erasing the feeling of cold from my body. Instead I fell into a state of relaxation, dark lids flittering shut over bright emeralds as I began to doze off, my chin resting tenderly on the cool, pale grey surface. There wasn't much time for a nap before the approach of another put me on a state of high alert. Dark ears pulled themselves forward as lids dragged lazily away from my eyes, only to return in the form of a squint against the brightness of the world around me. Moments later the winged form of the flying rat came into view and I bristled inwardly as memories of what her type did to my family flashed through my mind. Why had I allowed myself to be in such a vunderable state when creatures such as her were around?

I didn't stand up though, rather I tucked the egg in closer to my body, my temperature rising once again as I watched the teal and black creature come in closer. Her body language seemed friendly enough, but I knew better than to trust the friendliness to the fullest extent. "Hello." Soft, feminine lyrics filled the cold air as the winged mare stopped a safe distance away from us the egg and I. Once her movement had ceased I felt the air return to my lungs, there was no need to spring into action and stain the pure white beneath us with crimson just yet. "I'm Lyanna. I heard a sound and wanted to make sure everything was okay." I forced a polite smile across my two toned features as my weight shifted to elegantly pull me up from the snow I had been resting in, the egg pressed carefully up against my leg while vocal chords began to weave vibrations into words. "Everything is well! I am Daetiin." Emeralds danced to the feathered appendages tucked in close to the dark mare's sides. "Does it not hurt to fly in the cold?"

"Speech" 

daetiin
table by tamme | |art by TierRen | @Lyanna | finding her egg

Messages In This Thread
Run, Run Lost Boy - by Daetiin - 04-20-2016, 06:54 PM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Lyanna - 05-01-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Daetiin - 05-08-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Lyanna - 05-10-2016, 08:33 AM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Daetiin - 05-30-2016, 02:56 PM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Lyanna - 06-06-2016, 10:45 AM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Blu - 09-10-2016, 10:56 AM