the Rift

[OPEN] Run, Run Lost Boy

Daetiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She seemed nice enough, the black and teal bird who stood before me. There wasn't anything threatening about her, and I knew my own strengths well enough that I wasn't worried about the possibility of her charging at me, those large wings of her would surely weigh her down. Right? It had been a while since the last time I had fought against one of the bird brains, they had been well skilled and trained warriors though and something about the silky smoothness of this one's flesh told me that the battlefield wasn't exactly where she felt most comfortable. For this reason, and this reason only, I allowed my spotted, battle scarred frame to settle down only slightly. The strict rigidity of tight muscles giving way to a more relaxed setting in hopes of keeping the mood light between the two of us. I was more worried over the safety of the pale grey eye that rested in the crook of my hock than I was over the well being of myself or the bird that stood before me.

“Clearly, I was worried over nothing. It's a pleasure to meet you." Lyanna's soft voice rings out once again, the ghost of a smile tugging ever so gently at my mottled lips in a show of friendliness towards the mare who happened to carry a similiar DNA sequence to those who had ruined my life. It was moments later that the black and teal laughed quietly, a pleasant enough sound, and replied to my inquisition on flying in the cold. “No worse than lying in the snow, I imagine.” A peal of laughter fell from my own slightly parted lips as I shook my crowned skull. "I suppose you are right, but being cold enough that you no longer feel cold can be quite dangerous so high above the Earth I would think." But then again, I would never know if it was more dangerous, or just as dangerous as the onset of hypothermia.

The pale egg shifted slightly against my hock, forcing my attention away from the teal marked bird, ears remaining pricked in her direction in case the friendly nature changed suddenly. I snorted softly, allowing the steam to billow over the still shockingly warm egg, emeralds carefully scoping out it's smooth surface for any cracks or signs of injuries that were definitely unwanted. “Is it your egg?” Lyanna's words fell upon my ear drums just as I was looking up from the infant, satisfied that whatever the child was had just been stretching and wasn't coming into the world just this second. Judging by the movement though I assumed it wouldn't be long before whatever it was decided it was too cramped inside the protective layer and broke free into the real world. 

Excited nerves jumbled about in my stomach, giving off that feeling of butterflies that younger mares yearned for so badly, I just thought it made me feel sick. Why would you want to be around someone that made you feel as if you were going to throw up every time you saw them? I shook my skull horizontally as I allowed my focus to drift back to my new, and only mildly unwanted, companion. "I found it, here. Not long before you showed up...I'm not quite sure what it is. But I don't see any signs of it's mother so I figured I should at least try to keep it warm." I hoped maybe the creature who was part avian herself would know what the egg was and what I should do with it, or maybe she was just as clueless as I was and we could just hope that it would hatch soon.

"Speech" 

daetiin
table by tamme | |art by TierRen | @Lyanna | sorry this took so long dear

Messages In This Thread
Run, Run Lost Boy - by Daetiin - 04-20-2016, 06:54 PM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Lyanna - 05-01-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Daetiin - 05-08-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Lyanna - 05-10-2016, 08:33 AM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Daetiin - 05-30-2016, 02:56 PM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Lyanna - 06-06-2016, 10:45 AM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Blu - 09-10-2016, 10:56 AM