the Rift

go bother salmon else [Common SS]

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
ilios
Ilios smiled as the black and blue stallion before spreading his own teal and silver wings warmly. He doesn't understand the words he speaks but he smiles anyways and nods his horned head slowly. He assumes the stallion his being nice and saying hello, but hell for all he knew the male could be calling him ugly. Either way he would be nice and would actually find that hilarious. The fish hiding below the precious egg speaks drawing his golden ears forward curiously.

She spoke of the hazelnuts he hadn't even noticed before, and that he was a snob for not eating them. "I'm sorry mother fish, I did not notice the present you had left out for us." He smiled guiltily down at the water before listening to the rest of her speech. He cocked his head to the right curiously wondering what this was all about. Would he be out automatically if he said the wrong answer? Or would she just ignore the wrong answer for just because she liked the person? Shoving the thoughts away he listened to the statements he was supposed to pick from. Handsome brow furrowed in concentration and confusion as he watched the fish. Slowly he thought it all over and how outrageous it all was. None of it made any sense, it all seemed fake to him. Why would dragon's care what color their eyes were, why would a shifting creature care about monkeys, and could a griffin really fly that fast? Brow still furrowed the stallion spoke slowly, "I don't think any of that is true."
Talk
Words;; 265
OOC/Tags;;  Ilios doesn't pick an answer.

Seeking a Rougarou with Flame ONE
Two
Three
Four
Five
WISHLIST
I'd sell my soul just to see your face.
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
image credits
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Cowboy Posts: 22
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 3 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

COWBOY
I may be a real bad boy,
But baby I'm a real good man.

The stallion realizes how rude he had been as soon as the words had left his mouth. He watches the colt for a moment anyway wondering if he would explain or not. Of course he just ignores Cowboy so he speaks again, "Sorry about that, I guess I've been alone to long." He smiled kindly down at the boy. "I'm Cowboy, I was asking because Volterra is my half brother." He smiles softly hoping that would ease some words from the child. The stallion watches the colt hoping he will at least look at him this time. He notes the skull marking, the blood like splatter upon his chest, and the dark coat. Whether the colt says something or not he turns to watch the others around him curiously.

The a voice and a splash draw his attention away completely. A giant fish seems to be guarding an egg. He wonders vaguely why nobody just marches up there and takes the ugly egg. While he is considering doing just that the fish starts talking. it tells them to tell it which of it's statements is true. "Why in the hell would it need us to tell it which is true when it clearly knows which is?" He grumbles softly more to himself than anyone else, but more than loud enough for the others around him to hear. He listens and things anyway his mind drifting to his brother's dragons. Finally he picks one of the three answers, even though he feels stupid. His drawl rolls out, "I pick A, I guess..." He had no idea what a Griffin was, but he just wanted to win the ugly little shell coated creature. He really wanted a dragon, like his brother had.

Drawl
Words/Tags;; 290 @Kid speaks to him directly again xD
OOC;; Seeking a dragon with shock magic Wishlist
IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: commission_cowboy_copy_by_poolpaw-d9xaagi.png]     [Image: 57042ce5d562d]
Please tag

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
Oh the Queen of peace always does her best to please,
But is it any use? Somebody's gotta lose.

---x---

She frowned at the fish; was it suggesting that Dacianna needed the brainpower? The roan snorted, ”rude” she thought. Maybe her question had appeared rather stupid, but still, since when was it normal for a fish to share its food. Since when did fish eat hazelnuts for that matter?! The snort was followed by a conceding sigh, Helovia was different and perhaps one day it wouldn’t be so surprising, and more normal. She took the comment on the chin and, with exaggerated movements, she pointedly extended her neck and snagged a hazelnut, watching the salmon whilst chewing it. ”I wonder if I’ll be a genius after eating this” she wondered with amusement. As she chewed she spat out bits of shell, enjoying the fleshy middle whilst she waited for what would happen next.

A young filly was the last to arrive when the fish began proceedings, a game, that’s what they were going to do. Were they playing for the egg? Dacianna wasn’t about to ask that, however, considering the fish’s earlier reply.

The salmon asked a question and gave three answers following it, making the puzzled frown on Dacianna’s face grow deeper. These were all creatures of myth was the fish pulling her leg?! She looked around at the others, some replied and some did not, of those that did only one went for the third and the rest for the first. She hesitated for a moment, wondering whether there was a true answer to this or whether the fish’s game was something else entirely. There was no way the roan mare could possibly know which if any answer was right, though thinking about it more, wouldn’t a griffin’s airspeed be determined by which bird species it was half of? Dacianna had only heard of Rougarou’s in legend, but she knew dragons existed, at least in Helovia they did. She thought of the glass one in the edge and smiled, but if their eye colour mattered she had no clue.

“C” she replied with not an ounce of confidence.

Seeking: Griffin :: Ice Blade
wishlist
No Prior Refusals.
I'd like to use 1 extra roll from my prize list please! :)
art credit
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
Bend your chest open so I can read your heart
I need to get inside or I'll start a war

If there is something going on she can't hear it; the others, they make empty noises that she does not listen to, greetings and questions that are inconsequential. Nymeria edges forward, finding her way among the knot of bodies to draw nearer to the fish; she ignores the polished nuts rolling around her hooves, glistening with river-water, instead settling her eyes on the polished scales. She didn't often see fish... and certainly not ones of that size.

Why do you care?

I want to know what's inside the egg, Lil. Once more he clenches his claws, his tail flipping peevishly; he knows that she already knows and she knows that he knows about her knowing.

Why is he so opposed to the idea? His emotions wash through her in furious fallout, a crescendo of anger and hate—it was me who held you up when you were falling down—a cyclone of memories to pummel her into submission. She wants to tell him no—no, she comes first, no, she deserves what she wants, and yet—he's not wrong, because why would she want for anything other than him?

(For power. For glory.)

Still she doesn't eat, and yet she knows something had changed—because the others around her straighten to attention, their ears swivelling to fixate on the sound of the creek, eyes growing hungry, eyes going greedy. Their voices form a new chorus (A and C, one and three) and yet no B—and so, she supposes, the fish must've presented a question or a riddle or a something.

"B," she murmurs, a faint and sly smile unfurling across her lips. "I go with B."

image credits

OOC: Has the genetic mutation to bond to two companions.
Wishlist: Link. Dragon with Toxic Breath.

Refusals:
Common SS
Royal SS

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

To be perfectly honest, I had no idea what was going on.  I had no idea why this fish had drawn such an audience and that the egg she protected was so precious. I was much more concerned with the questions that ran through my head quickly and completely unfiltered. Did all fish talk? Why did everyone seem so excited to meet this particular fish? Was she a famous fish? What was a whale? Was that what was in that egg in the pond?  Did I need to eat a hazelnut to be smart like the mother fish and like mother back at home? The questions erupted like a flood, and were utterly overwhelming, but I diverted my attention onto the hazelnuts that the fish had spoken of. 

I carefully eyed the brown shell of one of the offending nuts, floating just before my nose. I reached out gently and plucked it from the water with my lips. What would mother say if she saw me now, trying to eat nuts with a fish in a pond so far from home? I held the nut between my teeth, utterly uncertain, and tried to slyly watch Dacianna (who's name I didn't know) eat her own hazelnut because she seemed a hundred times more skilled at eating such things.  I was surprised to see that she broke the shell open first and only at the insides.  Trying to do the same was a struggle, though.  I managed to get most of the shell stuck to my lips in an effort not to drop it back into mother fish's pool. The taste was...surprising...especially considering this was my first go at solid food.  I did my best not to make a face, since mother had already taught me such things were rood.  I didn't want to offend mother fish just because solid foods weren't really my forte yet.  I carefully rubbed my muzzle on my foreleg since I still hadn't bothered to stand, partly because I was tired, partly because I wasn't at all sure I could stand on the slippery rocks, and partly because I had a much better view of the action from down here. 

When the fish mentioned a game my silver eyes widened and I just couldn't suppress the shiver of excitement that seemed to start from deep inside.  "Oh, I love games!" exploded from my baby-lips before I managed to control the excitement.  Giving the others a properly abashed look, I clamped my lips shut.  It made me wish that Virga was here.  He liked games too. 

I listened intently to mother fish, but I only halfway understood her statements.  I did, however, understand the game enough to play along.  I spent the next few minutes pouring over the choices - words and images again exploding into colors and shapes in my mind.  I finally settled on what I thought was the most fun answer. I cleared my throat before speaking. "I pick the roo-ga-roo."  I paused.  That didn't sound right. "Uh. The rug-goo-roo!" I paused again, this time my tongue peeking out of my lips in concentration. "I pick the scary monkey one!" I managed, making all the words work and pride overwhelmed me as I was sure the fish would understand me! With a triumphant nod, since I'm proud of my choice, I offer a simle to the mother fish hoping that I picked the right choice. 

V E S P E R
image credit

Seeking Roc Zephyr
Wishlist
No prior refusals
I'd like to use 1 of my VOTG rolls :)

Vesper chooses B - scary monkeys.

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine

don't get lost in my lyrics
you won't find your way out

Fish were not a subject on which Aisling was particularly knowledgeable, not having interacted with them before. They were one of those vague things, that were just generally out there in the world, living their lives just as she was living hers and neither the twain shall meet. Well, they apparently were destined to meet for here in the ruby glade, Aisling found herself speaking to a fish, and lo and behold, the fish responded. One thing Aisling did know was emotion, having spent the last year of her life contemplating their intricacies, so when the fish splashed in the shallows it was clear to the little mare that it was a happy splash, and that had her grinning like a loon.

And then the fish spoke. S p o k e.

Aisling, was enchanted, enthralled and downright delighted but the unforeseen wonder of the articulate salmon; so much so that even as a small crowd gathered around, she barely took more that a cursory glance at any of them (save, of course for the small, Mute boy she had encountered in the Deep Forrest, he got a special smile.)

But the fish continued, and the little illusionist listened with rapt attention glancing often at the egg with a curious glance. This, it seemed was one of the companion eggs, and perhaps then it was not so strange that the remarkable fish had come to take guardianship of it as that strange little rat-man had done. Aisling had rather limited experience with companions, but what she did now sounded rather wonderful; she always enjoyed building bonds. It also seemed quite a shame that this egg and the should inside it might be left to fend for itself. Aisling wanted to help, and taking a look around at the gathered bodies did not dissuade her from wanting to offer her support to the fish—to the egg. She hadn’t been tested yet, and perhaps the child in her womb enhanced the feeling, but she had a strong drive to nurture.

When the question came, Aisling contemplated the choices, listening as others gave varied answers. She had not way of knowing of course, never having met a dragon, a griffin, or a rougarou but it seemed foolish not to try. “Aye, I’ll say the first is true. I’ve seen birds that fly faster than that, so why should their back end make that much of a difference?”

Aisling chooses option A

”.”
Seeking: Dragon | Common (green) | Fire Breath
Wishlist: Here
Prior Refusals: One

art by imi
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Random Event

There was a stirring of pity in the salmon for the small black and silver boy as he inched closer. He offered no answer, or couldn’t offer an answer. It wasn’t that he wouldn’t, like some of the others, but she felt a stir of disappointment when he opened his mouth and nothing came out. One of the others kindly offered a solution. Although the salmon didn’t care for any of the horses - they were generally tall, ugly, and stupid - but everyone deserved an equal chance to at least try here. Even if all she was after was luck and guesses. “Blue boy is right, that’s a good idea - use your hoof to pound once, twice, or three times for which answer you like best.” The salmon winked at the silent colt, hoping to encourage him - for the next quiz anyway. Oh yes! There would be more.

Erebos offered his answer with no fuss but soon after Kid started the arguments. Everyone was so damn pikey about things! Draevo and Brendan add in their thoughts and the salmon nods at them silently, waiting for the rest.

But then! Oh!

The salmon rolled around in exasperation as Ilios refused to answer - slapping her tail and side fins against the surface of the pool in a dramatic display of pain. She’d rather get caught by a bear and eaten than listen to idiots like this. “Holy carp you horses are so boring sometimes. Just play along, will ya? Otherwise why are you even here??” The red creature that spoke up after him showed almost as little sense - arguing about the point in the quiz. “All teachers ask questions they already know the answer to, fool. That’s not the point.” But, of course, these horses lived in herds not schools so they could only be expected to know so much.

The mares, Nymeria and Dacianna, add in differing answers but without any of the ridiculous commentary the stallions had added in. Vesper, the other silver and black foal (but this one talked) attempted to answer on her own, stumbling over the word rougarou in a manner that had the mother salmon gurgling in laughter as she blew bubbles in the shallow water. And then Aisling riddled out her response, thinking logically about the options.

Everyone seemed to be giving this a lot more thought than she intended for a guessing game. Oh well!

Looking to Vesper, the salmon winked before finally revealing the answer to all. “Sorry kiddo, the answer I wanted to hear was ‘a’.” She squirmed unhappily, her red belly touching the bottom of the pond before she curled back around the egg protectively. It would seem the group in front of her was pretty much equal parts lucky, unlucky, and stupid - perhaps she would be able to wiggle out just one that stood out among the rest…

There was hope still. Those black eyes gleamed mischievously as she looked up at the faces surrounding her and the egg. An enraptured audience! She was loath to give it up but longed to return to the stream with the knowledge she held now - to share it with the next generation of salmon. The mere fact that so few of them had played along with her game without complaint only encouraged her to continue on with the same game. They were, after all, at her mercy. Or, rather, the fate of the egg was at her mercy. “Now, once more you silly quadrupeds! Another chance, three more choices - which one do you think is true? No need to be so koi about it this time around, speak up! Or, hoof up!” She added, wondering if Milo would join in this time. And, for that matter, would Cowboy, Kid, and Ilios be able to handle another round? They shall see!

“Is it:
a) Rainbow trout got their name because the colour spectrum fish see involves spotty silver, pink, and white (so the trout's resemble what other fish see when they look at a rainbow)
b) Northern pike earn a new spot on their body for every kill they make
Or c) Minnows are also known as “shiners” because they’ve been known to gather in tight-knit groups and charge at a predator’s eye, bruising the area and providing the school a chance to escape.”

-------

The correct answer was "a"! Aisling, Draevo, Brendan, Erebos, and Cowboy all earn an extra roll for getting it right

You have 72 hours to reply to this final round - have your character choose which one of the statements they think is true

photo

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
ilios
Silver eyes watched everyone and the fish for a moment. Ears flickered back as the scaly creature slapped her fins on the water. Anger bubbled up under his golden hide as she berated the ones that did not think one of the answers she had offered was true. Black right front hoof pawed at the ground in his aggravation. Who was she to yell at them for not believing some stupid fish? Taking a deep breath he tried to sooth the tender edges of his ego. Slowly he reined in the anger that rolled through his gut.

Ears flickered as he eased the anger away, and blocked out everyone else. Taking a deep breath he buried the last dregs of anger away for later. Once he was away from this place, all of these people, he would release his hidden emotions. For now he focused his attention on the egg and tried to keep the longing from his gaze. Ilios had chased creatures with eggs all of his life. He wanted to have the unending love and support a companion was sure to bring. He had grown up watched Parelia and Penna together, how they completed one another. He longed to have that for himself, to be forever loved. To many had left him before now, and he needed this. Needed someone that would always be with him.

The sound of the fish and silence from the other, draws him out of his thoughts. Determination spread through him as silver eyes found the giant creature. Masked brow furrows slightly as he thinks over the possible answers. "I guess I'll go with A." He swallowed hard hoping that this would get him the thing he sought above all else.
Talk
Words;; 288
OOC/Tags;; Ilios picks A

Seeking a Rougarou with Flame ONE
Two
Three
Four
Five
WISHLIST
I'd sell my soul just to see your face.
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
image credits
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Cowboy Posts: 22
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 3 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
cowboy
Never apologize and never explain -
it's a sign of weakness.
The red roan stallion stood silently as the other talked and debated. Brown and blue eyes roved over the crow quietly watching, wondering why everyone wanted that egg. When his gaze fell on the black and white mare standing farther away his heart skipped. Vol had said he, no, they had a sister. Was that her? She looked a lot like Volterra, only slimmer. He smiled and watched her curiously. If she was his sister, he had to meet her. Maybe not now, but he would meet her and bask in the warmth of her. 'Okay, that was a creepy thought, focus on this meeting.' He shook his head and turned back to the fish.

As he looked to the egg again the stallion suddenly had a thought, what if dragons come from eggs? His eyes widened quickly with surprise. In that case he wasn't going to back talk the grumpy fish anymore. He now wanted that dragon. He wanted the powerful creatures his brother controlled. If he had a flying tank like his brother he would be that much closer to him, right? He didn't see why it wouldn't work that way.

Either way the fish was speaking again, telling him he got it right. A smirk covered his face before he quickly turned it into a smile. How rude for him to gloat in front of all of these people. After a minute or two she spoke again telling them to pick once more. His bare head tilted slightly as he thought it over. "I'm going to go with B." He smiled softly wondering what he would get if anything special for getting both answers right.
--------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 278
OOC/Tags;; Cowboy picks B
Seeking a dragon with shock magic Wishlist

image | coding
[Image: commission_cowboy_copy_by_poolpaw-d9xaagi.png]     [Image: 57042ce5d562d]
Please tag

Brendan Posts: 31
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Two Years (Orangemoon Born) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwen :: Plain Hellhound :: Acid Emily

BRENDAN
HARDSHIP OFTEN PREPARES AN ORDINARY PERSON FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY DESTINY

Others answered, but I am not sure if they all did. Really doesn't matter. The less that answer the less chances someone not fit to have this new life bonded to them will end up with the egg. Arwen finally decides nap time is over and yawns sleepily under me. The only way I know this is the sudden movement under me and I feel her emotions as it fully sinks in what we are doing here. They range from angry to excited to nervous. I am still not used to feeling the emotions through our bond. I hope one day I will be. Am I really ready to add another to the mix? As her emotions change, they influence my own, which in turn seemed to influence her's as well. It's this strange cycle....

Oh, mother fish is speaking again. I listen intently as Arwen wanders off. I can feel her hunger, and hope she's going to fix that. Mainly because the last few times she's hunted... Or well, tried to hunt in front of me.... It makes me sick feeling. But back to the mother fish. Shes having us guess again.... Okay, I can do this.

This time, the questions are all fish related. Oh man. I hope I can get this. Time to think each answer over and pick the one I believe is true. Rainbow trout got their name because the colour spectrum fish see involves spotty silver, pink, and white (so the trout's resemble what other fish see when they look at a rainbow) Hmmm. Kind of hard to know that unless you are a fish. But that just sounds, odd. Northern pike earn a new spot on their body for every kill they make Yeah, not sure about that one either. Simply because it's stupid sounding. They kill to eat right? Or well, i'm sure some have to.... Like Arwen has to.... Surely they would run out of room for spots at some point... And the last one... Minnows are also known as “shiners” because they’ve been known to gather in tight-knit groups and charge at a predator’s eye, bruising the area and providing the school a chance to escape.” That, now that sounds possible. Unlikely maybe. But still, possible. "I choose, C."

"Talk"

Brendan can bond to two companions
Wants: Dragon | Frost Breath
Wishlist
Prior Refusals: None
I'd also like to add that I would like to use a VOTG roll from my prize list.

Draevo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The call of Thunder

Did all fish enjoy these kind of quizzes and games? The primitive Stallion thought as he watched the mother fish bob and coil around the dimly coloured egg, though he supposed that this was better than listlessly flying to and from places with little goal in mind. She even placed puns within her words which had Draevo smirk and huff a note of amusement. Jokes tended to go over his head more often than not, whether it was his failure to note when, or his literal interpretation of what Helovians said was up for debate. Puns? well everybody loved a good pun, even burly, rough speaking warrior-men from lands far from these.

The Salmon didn't waste her time on those that questioned her, or added unnecessary comments, which he had to give her credit for. Everyone was here because of the Egg, the Egg was in the capable fins of the Mother Fish. You played her game or left. It was that simple, Draevo would of done the same, if he was a custodian. He would of made them work for it. His head tilted towards the sand coated and green accented stallion near him, eyes rolling momentarily over to him. "It easy. Play." Who knew what these others were going to do with the Egg if they got hold of it, some he observed, seemed to be marked for death and it caused him to eye them with concern. At least if this sandy stallion managed to remain in the game, it would mean a slightly greater chance of the throat gaining whatever was tucked inside, and it would be safe in the throat if either of them won.

Ears and attention flicked back to her when she piped up again, confirming that his answer had been right. A small grin threatened to break on to his dark muzzle but he refrained, he doubted that the fish would end the games like that and decide the winner. He was right, she wasn't about to give up her quarry just yet, as any good mother would, she wanted to test their ability some more. So he strained his ears forward, hoping that it might be a question he was able to answer. Unfortunately, he was wrong. This time the fish turned the questions on to her own species and the lightning eyed stallion let out a quiet, frustrated sigh.

Rolling the words over in his head, he was by far out of his depth here, hah. The first two were nothing but gibberish to the primitive stallion, he didn't know the sight of a fish, whether they saw rainbows or black and white. He hardly believed that fish gained spots for killing another fish to eat or other such things, but what he did know was fish lived in schools, and stories of them huddling together and dividing in the salt sea when predators approached had reached his ears. All different colours and sizes, the disheveled, gross smelling stallion had boasted. It seemed the most logical, in his head anyway.

"Draevo choose C."

the unrelenting fury of the storms
Art Credit

SEEKING :: [SS :: Common :: Wakiya]
WISHLIST :: LE CLICK
No prior refusals.

Draevo chooses answer C.

directly interacts with @Illios

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

The successful feeling in his chest as the fish proclaimed his answer had been correct was short-lived – for this wasn’t the end of the trial. Erebos should’ve expected it, he’d gone through several tribulations with nothing to show for his deeds (except those feathers – due to come in handy at some point), and naught was ever truly over in Helovia. Moments spiraled, one right after the other, in quick or slow succession, building up legends, tirades, spells, and invocations to last through the centuries. Hatred simmered, seethed, cooled, then bristled all over again; seasons to cycles. War lasted for years in a soldier’s mind. Love could bloom, blossom, and fester all just as quickly as it had appeared. He didn’t know what this event would amount to (but Orsino’s blessings were cool demeanors and calculating wrath, a touch, a taste, of poison slowly dripping and scalding his mind, and he relished that too – not everything could be bad. Maybe this would be another crowning opportunity in his life, and he could wield more and more power, more and more prowess). Currently, however, it all melded and molded into confusion.

He listened to the fish and her next set of statements to pick from. The prince had lucked out last time, merely going on good faith and convictions, but he truly knew naught about the sea dwellers. A part of him thought he should, learning about them while standing on top of the ocean, staring deep into the waves and watching them swim about below the surf and swell, but he must’ve sought other things and instances in his education, forgoing fish and their ilk altogether. Could fish see colors? Would their pelts change after killing (that’d be neat, like a message spread far and wide to the other fish colonies and schools to beware)? Minnows charged at predators? All of them sounded off, partially true and partially false, and he wondered if they were being played into more than just a game – into believing an assortment of falsehoods, of duplicities (and he remembered all the ones he’d ever assembled; chose not to snicker and smirk and grin), to gain what they wanted. The others didn’t seem to have the same worry or vexation, picking and choosing with finality, or perhaps sheer guesswork but choosing to appear confident despite the strange events unfolding before them. The blue boy opened his mouth again, glancing only once towards the other lad he’d assisted (would he say anything, or just cease altogether- which was a sad outcome for a child who’d at least yearned to try), and delivered his answer. “I think it’s A.”

Wishlist - Seeking Griffin with Draining Clutch
- No prior refusals
- Has ability to bond to two companions
- Would like to use 1 one of my VOTG rolls. <3

Image Credits

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
Oh the Queen of peace always does her best to please,
But is it any use? Somebody's gotta lose.

---x---

She gave up.

Not on the game, but on actually thinking about it. The roan tossed the salmon a look of great exasperation; Dacianna didn’t like losing, even if it was a nonsensical quiz hosted by a mocking fish.  Her eyes roved to the egg it guarded, the prize at the end of the show that sat in the salmon’s embrace. Was it worth it? Clearly the others thought so and Daci had no clue what was going on, so the priest trusted the desires of those gathered. She swallowed the unhelpful hazelnut whilst listening to the salmon reveal the next question after offering some pointed words and giving the answer to the previous.

A. She snorted again not even wanting to think about how a fish knew such things. It probably didn’t, it was probably dragging them along the fools road, but that only meant she was the bigger fool for allowing herself to be lulled into the game. The beady-eyed fish had then looked up to those gathered, another question and another set of equally ridiculous answers.

Dacianna waited a moment, allowing some of the others to answer first before she committed to her own wild stab in the dark. They answered; A… B… C…

“C” she said again, with the same uncertainty, shrugging off the annoyance she felt. What could be done? Dacianna knew very little about fish.

Whilst the Philosopher waited for the rest to answer, she sniffed around on the floor looking for another hazelnut, deciding that if she couldn’t win then she could at least grab another nut to ease her losses.

Seeking: Griffin :: Ice Blade
wishlist
No Prior Refusals.
I'd like to use 1 extra roll from my prize list please! :)
art credit
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

I let out a disappointed huff when mother fish revealed that the answer was not scary monkeys.  Obviously there was some part of the game that I didn’t quite understand.  At least not yet.  That, in itself, wasn’t an uncommon experience.  There was a lot I didn’t understand.  I was okay with that even though it was frustrating a lot of the time.  Grown ups always seemed to know more than me. But that’s why I went exploring!  There was always more to learn.  One day I would know just as much as mother knows and I wanted to know as much as I possibly could. And now I knew that a griffin (whatever that was) could fly really fast!  I should definitely tell mother and Virga when I got home.  I learned something about griffins today!

Maybe mother would be able to tell me what a griffin was. And one of those rug-a-roos.  I definitely wanted to know what they were…

I blinked away the thoughts as the mother fish turned back towards their little group.  I tried to sneakily look around at the others but from my vantage point there were a lot of legs.  I thought I saw a few that might be young like me, but I just couldn’t be sure.  Instead, I dipped a leg in the still chilly water, but pulled it back just as quickly because I didn’t want to disturb mother fish and her egg. I brightened when she said there would be another round to the game.  Maybe this time I’d do better.  I tried to draw myself a little taller (as tall as possible for a newborn still laying on the edge of the pool), and pricked my ears as mother fish spoke.

Again, there was a sea (see mother fish, I can do fish puns too) of words that I didn’t quite comprehend, but one answer seemed to stand out.  “I choose shiny this time! Shiny fish – like me!” I answered, with a tiny flourish of my still downy wings that glowed softly from the undersides. 

V E S P E R
image credit

Seeking Roc Zephyr
Wishlist
No prior refusals
I'd like to use 1 of my VOTG rolls :)

Vesper chooses C - shiny!

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine

don't get lost in my lyrics
you won't find your way out

Aisling grinned a the riddle-making salmon when she proclaimed the correct answer. It might have been a little silly, but the faerie was a great lover of games and the sillier the better, and even if guessing the correct answer hand been no true test of brainpower the little thrll of the small victory was utterly delightful.

This will be a story to tell the little one.. she though, already imagining a funny little song about a fish and its guessing games. She’d always been a storyteller, but there was something about the idea of telling stories to her own child that made Aisling’s heart trip on the borders of sublime contentment. All the old tales my mother told me, and a few of my own adventures thrown in too…What could be better than that?

Thinking dreamily of motherhood, the white pony glanced down at the egg again, wondering if having a companion was anything like having a child. She supposed it must be, at least at the start; caring for a growing creature, introducing it to the world, but all the companions and horses she had yet met seemed more like friends, partners than a parent and child. Maybe soon Aisling would learn more of both in the coming weeks.

The mother salmon began on another round of her guessing game, and wanting to focus fully not the fun, Aisling plopped herself down in to ernestly devote herself to the fun. IT was a little ungainly, it truth be told, for her belly was already a bit rounder than she was used to but she managed in the end and listened carefully to the options. Like before, she let the others gathered answer first, looking at each as they picked an option. She though it was quite a home that though some participated they did not seem to think the diversion any fun. “I’ll pick ‘c’, this time!” She said to the fish when it seemed her turn to speak, and bobbed her head for emphasis. Aisling found this actually quite fun, now that she had settled down off her feet, and hoped there might be several rounds to come.

Aisling chooses option C

”.”
Seeking: Dragon | Common (green) | Fire Breath
Wishlist: Here
Prior Refusals: One

art by imi
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
"I'll let them know what bad means."
An ear flops back at the mention of my failure, eyes drawing to Nym as we share loses. Loathing bubblegum sweeps over the victors, my lips twitching in envy as I look back at the fish. Fuck this, I want to say aloud, knowing that my shortened life in this world has given way to ignorance and a lack of knowledge. As eager as I was to earn this egg, there appear to be others more qualified for it with how lucky they are (and I'm here, unlucky since birth). But this doesn't mean I'm going to give up now— I'm determined to earn it even if my chances are shit.

A new set of questions arises, three more options presented to us. My ears fall back in thought, tail swishing against my thighs in annoyance at the idea of failing again. I look at Nym, searching for an answer in the darkened red of her eyes but finding nothing there, no hints or ideas on what it could be.

What sounds most logical? I withdraw for a second, brows furrowing as I focus on the rippling water of the pool and the shimmering scales of the fish. Fuck it, I decide my answer and call it a day, with a lack of confidence I speak out. "I'll go with C." It's the popular answer among the gathered crowd, listening to each individual speak their answer while gazing at the salmon and awaiting a response.

"Talk."
kid
the boy king
image credits

kid chooses C
red dragon w fire breath
editing to say i wanna use another votg roll

made by reli

tag me in everything

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Random Event

Milo and Nymeria are disqualified for failing to post and may not use this as a refusal
Aisling, Draevo, Brendan, Kid, Dacianna, and Vesper got an extra roll for getting the second question right

Congratulations to VESPER! Please post to character records after the companion has hatched

------

Cods be praised!

The teal marked creature offered up a reply this time and the others did so without any of their foolish mutterings - which pleased the salmon greatly. She could have easily knocked the egg into the water and floated it downstream to find another batch of equines who might have appreciated her humorous attempts at sharing information with them! Fortunately they were going to be spared from testing to see whether the egg would float or sink.

Everyone chimed up this time, offering a variety of different answers and the salmon slapped one of her fins every time out of  joy. They were getting so close to figuring out who was worthy! Although it was a little annoying to find out that a lot of them got both answers right - she didn't have enough eggs to give everyone a prize.

Maybe the hazelnuts had made them a little bit too smart, they hadn’t even been that effective on the salmon herself!

“Three of you got both of the answers right, congratulations! Must’ve been those tasty hazelnuts that you ate!” The salmon scanned the crowd around her and the egg, finding possibility in all the gazes that looked back her, but her black eyes were drawn to one in particular. “I hope you all learned something today, but in the end…” The cheerful little filly that couldn’t even pronounce rougarou, but who spoke with such ardent enthusiasm with each question asked. She would be someone who would care for this egg, enjoy the bond formed with whatever was hidden inside. “Congratulations, little one, I think you’ll do nicely. Care for it well.” She moved back slightly, encouraging Vesper to come forward and claim her prize.

photo