the Rift

[PRIVATE] you underestimate me [birthing]

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark

It was like a release. She had been stuck inside the womb for so long - cramped next to her beloved brother (of course she couldn't complain too much, she didn't understand any better). But with her hulking brother taking up much of the room, the filly was almost excited to feel the movement of her mother's womb - enticing her to embrace the path of the unknown. And so, like the filly's nature and unlike her brothers - she followed the path.

Born first, the movement was rather swift. Blue eyes squinted against the ominous red that swallowed her and who she knew as Mother. Though unlike her mother, she embraced the color - her young subconscious not knowing the devilish meaning behind such a scarlet color. Instead, it was the color of her birth and she loved it. After looking upon her surroundings, blurry eyes slowly growing into focus, she shook herself as she sat on the earth clumped as a newborn. She felt the gentle movements of the creature that was caring for Mother, the tiny beast that squeaked and chimed rather loudly for the young filly. Instincts caused her ears to flit back in frustration. Why did the thing have to be so loud?

But then Mother looked upon her, and her small ebony head lifted to look upon the cream colored creature - the sweat that stuck her fur and mane in random directions, the golden chains that Kiada watched with awe as it sparkled and clinked with movement, slid across her mother's body. "Kiada" The filly heard and watched further with wide accepting blue eyes. She squeaked her own nicker of acceptance, watching as her mother fell back to the earth to give life to Brother.

'Brother.' She thought, letting the polecat do his best to clean her up against the pain that she felt within her barrel. Kiada was growing restless, wishing to move but stuck by awe in watching and dealing with the furry creature. But all her restlessness changed when her brother was born. Turning her ivory striped skull toward her mother again as she spoke her brothers name - she accepted it entirely. She was to be this sound of Kiada, her brother was to be the sound of Kianzo. That was easy enough. But she was still distracted by the sounds that surrounded them - mostly the obnoxious squeaking of the polecat before he disappeared.

As she looked down to her gangly onyx dipped legs, she turned her head more to see her brother - his own wide beautiful eyes taking her in as he reached for her. She pressed into him, tiny black muzzle racing across his black markings that lined his face in an inverted mirror of her own. A weak attempt at a nicker to her brother, urging him as he stood and she realized she was still on the ground. This surely couldn't do, for the filly. They had to do things together. That was how it was supposed to be. So she, too, felt the surging of her legs as she moved the onyx pillars in an attempt at standing. And when she was successful, she felt herself lean into her brother slightly - just enough to keep her own balance but not enough to throw off his own. He called for Mother, and she stood in waiting. Wondering why she wouldn't stand and feed them, and seeking out to fix the pain that was within her. She reached for her brother once more, black muzzle seeking its way to his small golden shoulder before she took a shaky step closer to Mother. A small squeak of a whinny escaping her lips as if she could coax her Mother into standing and feeding her.

All the while, her magic began to show. It wasn't strong yet, but it did carry a tiny line of flame that lined her back. Harmless, but giving off a slight amount of light in its weak state. She hadn't seen any animals other than the polecat, so the fire hadn't quite yet taken form - but it was still weak and hard to see unless you looked at her for long enough. She felt nothing but excitement at the rapid world around her and the scarlet hues that drowned her family, but was still carrying that mix of frustration from not being fed just yet.

"Talk."

Kiada
just like the eyes, the HEART can adjust to DARKNESS.

SCREAMING FOREVER.

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
you underestimate me [birthing] - by Rexanna - 06-13-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Kianzo - 06-13-2016, 07:32 AM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Kiada - 06-13-2016, 09:05 AM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Alysanne - 06-13-2016, 01:04 PM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Rexanna - 06-13-2016, 04:51 PM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Orithia - 06-13-2016, 05:25 PM