the Rift

[PRIVATE] you underestimate me [birthing]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
we heal with love,
It was certainly distracting to have two brand new foals so close by. As concerned as Alysanne was about Rexanna’s worries she feared her green eyes drifted toward them more than they should have. She was paying strict attention to her friend, of course, but she also watched with the wariness of a mother as the pair stood and took their first steps and finally - messy as they still were - began to eat, squealing at each other from around Rexanna.

Fortunately, Rexanna spoke again - cutting off any chuckles on Alysanne’s part over the antics of the foals - and stated that it was a long story. Well, that she could understand. She waited patiently to see if it was a story the golden blanketed mare wished to share - but without any pressure that she needed to. It had already been a long day, surely, without explaining to someone else the troubles that had befallen her.

She allowed her attention to drift back to the foals, letting Rexanna decide whether she should elaborate. And a few moments later, she did.

Deep frowns burrowed into Alysanne’s face and eyes as the story was told, a terrible tell about a ex-betrothed with revenge on his mind. Only now did she notice the terrible C marred into her friend’s flesh and the sight sent a shiver down Alysanne’s back, causing her wings to ruffle and she rather felt like leaving this little grove and finding whoever that was as giving them a piece of her mind.

But then... well, then Tembovu was brought up.  

Alysanne actually snorted angrily as Rexanna made excuses for Tembovu, attempting to transfer the blame of what happened to Mauja onto herself. She at least waited until the golden mare was finished before speaking in argument, not wanting to interrupt even for this. “No, Rexanna, that was not your fault. I have faced the anger of the Elephant King - would you take blame for that as well? I don’t know what he is to you but he is still his own self and no one is responsible for his actions but himself.”

“Were you there, urging him to burn the skin off of Mauja? You cannot carry the weight of his inability to control his anger, that is not on you - just because you wished to live in the herd you dedicated yourself to.”
This only aggravated Alysanne more toward her king, that such a petty reason could be behind the violence they had seen in the Deep Forest that night. Must he control everyone.

But Rexanna’s affections for Tembovu stayed her tongue from speaking further on the subject - they were his children, after all - and she might have already spoken too much on the matter. So she attempted to move on, stifling her anger away to be dealt with at a later time.

“I’m sorry, Tembovu and I haven’t been getting along since that night with Mauja. But come, care for your children and rest a bit. Do you still wish to go to the Edge? I don’t know who turned you away but as far as I’m concerned, you would be most welcome there.” Wherever Rexanna wanted to go, she would have a hard time convincing Alysanne to leave her alone - at least until they were out of these woods. She certainly had no intention of bowing out quietly if the new family would take the pilgrimage to the Edge. “I’m sure Tembovu would like to hear the happy news of the family.” And she smiled honestly then, hoping that statement was true.
alysanne

@Kianzo, @Rexanna I feel like this bounces all over the place so I apologize D: my brain would not cooperate and I didn't want to sit on it too long
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
you underestimate me [birthing] - by Rexanna - 06-13-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Kianzo - 06-13-2016, 07:32 AM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Kiada - 06-13-2016, 09:05 AM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Alysanne - 06-13-2016, 01:04 PM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Rexanna - 06-13-2016, 04:51 PM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Orithia - 06-13-2016, 05:25 PM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Alysanne - 06-13-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Kianzo - 06-15-2016, 10:29 PM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Kiada - 06-15-2016, 11:35 PM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Rexanna - 06-15-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Alysanne - 06-17-2016, 10:55 PM