the Rift

Instability [Tamira]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR

Don't want to let you down, But I am hell bound..

Sparks fluttered across my vision, small bursts of light blinding me one by one and each time they recessed, she was there. She was there, looking back at me, eyes wide… questioning. I tried to seal her out for a moment, tried to advise some parting sentiment that would eventually bring us back together, but there was nothing. My tongue was dry and sticking to the roof of my mouth, a side-effect of my nerves taking control where my adrenaline had fled the cock pit. I silent and perhaps lost in the moment and I couldn’t help by reach out to run a loving muzzle against her neck, her sweet scent encompassing my senses once more until I felt the need to pull away before I did something I was sure I would regret.

She was so naïve in the way that she watched me, wondering, unbelieving… I laced a weary gaze upon her now, observing her in the fading light of dusk. The golden rays of the tired sun cast and orange glow across her hide and she appeared to be made of bronze. I drew nearer, longing to slip under her skin and become one creature, one unanimous essence. It was then that the words flowed fluently to mind and then quickly to tongue. “Come home with me.” It was a simple request, one that would keep her close to me, unquestionably in range where I would be able to protect and watch over her; as both souls had seamlessly attached to my own.

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil

"Come home with me."

The words filled the comfortable silence between us, a silence pregnant with promise and desire. It was a simple request, without pretty words and promises of devotion, and yet what was left unsaid was as poignant as the tones that were vocalized. I was sure, at that moment, that neither of us had any desire to be rid of the other's company. We had found, in each other, a kind of salvation, or at least that was true to me. I felt, for the first time, as though I could be comfortable in my own skin, as though I had been cleansed of the impurities that had chased me from my home and family.

My family. Did I even have a family anymore? Memories ran through my mind: the disgust and fear on my parents' faces as they cast me out, the scorn in the hill tribe's eyes when the chased me to the borders of their land, the cold indifference of the forester's, and so on it went. And then, a bright light in a dull, meaningless existence - Midas, the General of the Throat, the kindly soldier who had brought me home. But what was a home without a family? I had yet to make the acquaintance of many in my herd, fearing the closeness that a family would bring when I was sure that I would only be thrown out once my secret was discovered.

And then I had found Thor, the gentle giant that had enveloped me in a blanket of warmth, and trust, and - dare I admit it - love? Affection was evident, and it was a more potent affection than that offered to friends, or even family. It was a beginning, a new start. Should I, could I desert Midas and his kindness in favor of this stranger and a new home? I trusted Thor - I trusted that he would not allow me to be sent away from him, or would at the very least accompany me. A home was family, and safety, and warmth - and two of those three things I had felt for the first time with Thor.

I smiled up at him, towering so high above me. "Yes," I said. "Let's go home."

[W/C | 379]

ooc; Do you want me to make you a thread in the Edge? Or perhaps we should confront the Throat with her decision?

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil
[OOC | Hmm. She will feel obligated to at least tell Midas, but otherwise she has no real ties in the Throat. We can start with the Edge. ^^]

ooc; Alright, I'll try to get something up real soon dear. <3