the Rift

[OPEN] A far off reason.

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
Receive the erased memories
And broken heart on the palm of my hand.
It's a pleasure to meet you, Ryouta.  I am Hana.

For a brief moment, her words are reflected by this strange mare, and I close my eyes.  I want to shake this dream from my head, dispel the ghost floating between our pair of bodies before the ache in my chest began again.  I shudder inwardly, though not visibly in the light of day, willing my body to still and my breathing to remain even, unchanged.  Even on the best of days, this mare could never be her.  The grey toned pelt would never stand to match her pristine white, her green eyes nothing but putrid vomit in comparison to the soft, blue skies of Hana.

The fake grin falls from my lips instantly, the only movement aside from the briefest moment my eyes closed.
I do not wish to think of her, to sully her memory with my present state.

Carefully, oh so carefully, I place her porcelain memory back on the shelf of my mind, taking care not to smear or alter the perfect image of her.  Then, I look at Aelfwine with a sneer.

It was not her fault.
Though, in my company, usually no one is at fault but myself.

The verdant eyes stare at me intently, their gaze piercing through my sneer and leaving me with a sensation that she had seen into my thoughts.  I did not like it.  "No," I say flatly in response to her query.  The word is abrupt, almost as much as her arrival had been, but this time I make no attempt at reaching out to her from behind my guarded walls.  I found her troublesome, reminding me of her while being someone completely different.  Maybe it had been the softness of her voice or the tone in which she spoke the words, but either way I resented the fact that she tugged on my heartstrings and made me feel so invaded.

Observing her from my inner watchtower, I cannot help but notice how idiotically innocent her actions were.  Without waiting for a reply, her eyes began to scan the ground around my hooves, searching a nonexistent item I had never lost.  Helovia was full of idiots willing to help you for no damn reason.  Ashamin had received nothing but a curt thanks for guiding me to Seanan, who healed my shoulder without payment.  Even Lyanna had offered the same, despite her obvious dislike of my behavior.

I wonder momentarily if someday the sun would melt away the ice in my chest and reveal an idiot like the rest.  I think not, but you know what they say.
Maybe when hell freezes over.

良克
RYOUTA
image credit to junklight at flickr.com

@Aelfwine

Messages In This Thread
A far off reason. - by Ryouta - 09-04-2016, 03:20 PM
RE: A far off reason. - by Aelfwine - 09-04-2016, 06:52 PM
RE: A far off reason. - by Ryouta - 09-04-2016, 08:53 PM
RE: A far off reason. - by Aelfwine - 09-04-2016, 10:06 PM
RE: A far off reason. - by Ryouta - 09-05-2016, 12:28 AM
RE: A far off reason. - by Aelfwine - 09-05-2016, 12:48 AM