the Rift

[OPEN] Something New [LEAD]

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

Her muscles began to relax as their conversation continued, his tone much different than his intimidating posture. Her hope only seems to grow with each passing minute when he mentions that the other healers would approve of her knowledge, and she couldn't help but feel the swell of slight pride at such an accomplishment. Perhaps she would fit well in here after all. Her eyes looked over his scar-riddled body patiently, curiously wondering where each battle wound had actually come from. He was obviously a warrior, from the way he stood to the cunning look in his eyes when had first approached her. It was if it was in his blood, and she couldn't help but hold some kind of admiration for him because of it. She wished she could feel so true to herself as he seemed to feel about himself.

It was his next sentence that caused her to start, before giggling at his joke and shaking her head delicately,"Of course I wouldn't assume such things of you Sir. How silly of me. Forgive me for prying, but what you said; 'p...pehlawngoh?' Gosh I must be pronouncing that awfully, what does it mean?" She always had an intense curiosity for the unknown, for different languages and cultures of the land, and now that she discovered one of her potential herd members might actually know one; she was very eager to learn it. If he would teach her of course.

Before she could really ask he was asking another question of his own, one that caused her smile to mildly falter against her speckled complexion. Should she explain everything? That she just couldn't bear to be back in the Edge because it held way too many memories and too many people knew just how awful of a parent she was? Surely she couldn't just admit that perhaps she had come here not only in search of some sense of belonging, but to perhaps give her a fresh start, a whole new chapter that gave her a chance to prove to herself and others that she wasn't really as bad as it looked. She could start now by showing this kind gentleman, who seemed to be her age mind you, just how kind and honest she could be.

"Well," she began with a small amount of uncertainty, looking into those eyes of crimson hesitantly,"I won't lie to you Sir Volterra, I was previously a member of the Edge prior to becoming an outcast. I had lived there for a long time, but once I had little Laume well; I guess the best way to put it is that there are many things there that I would like to stay there. It's hard for me to go back to something that others... saw me as. I hope that's the best way to explain it." She watched him quietly, tail swishing patiently as she wondered just what he would say next to her, the mysterious butterfly mare that happened to grace the sands of the Throat suddenly out of nowhere.

"To explain why I chose this place, that's another complicated tale in itself," she laughed sadly, looking back to the small patch of red flowers she had just been messing with earlier. Her eyes held a sad longing, before she returned her expression to him, filled with a sad smile,"A dear friend of mine used to live here. It was honestly the only other place I could think of as a safe haven. Goodness, I certainly hope I'm not coming off as crazy!" This time her laugh was filled with more mirth, her body stepping closer to his without thinking, because that was what she did when she felt more comfortable with others. As soon as she noticed tough, she paused, watching him cautiously before stepping back, face growing hot as she shyly looked to the sandy grounds once again,"I apologize for my rudeness. I was just growing comfortable and I suppose that I didn't even consider you might not approve. I hope I haven't made you feel any discomfort!"

"Talk."

the butterfly is proof that great darkness
can create great beauty

@Volterra - sorry for the ramblings lol. Honestly the dialogue explains everything if you don't wanna read lol
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
Something New [LEAD] - by Myrrine - 11-25-2016, 11:42 PM
RE: Something New [LEAD] - by Volterra - 11-27-2016, 02:32 PM
RE: Something New [LEAD] - by Myrrine - 11-27-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: Something New [LEAD] - by Volterra - 11-28-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: Something New [LEAD] - by Myrrine - 11-28-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: Something New [LEAD] - by Volterra - 11-30-2016, 02:14 PM
RE: Something New [LEAD] - by Myrrine - 11-30-2016, 11:06 PM