the Rift

[OPEN] Something New [LEAD]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
OH, MY EYES ARE SEEING RED
DOUBLE VISION FROM THE BLOOD WE'VE SHED

The beast gives a low, gravelly chuckle at her mangled attempt to say the Hungarian word. "Pillangó," he repeats. "It means butterfly." He has a penchant for nicknaming people and then sticking to that nickname even when he learns their real name - Isopia springs to mind and his chest gives an unpleasant lurch. It is simply his way of attaching faces to names, and he feels sometimes his descriptions can be more apt than the names themselves.

He rather likes the way she calls him Sir. He could certainly get used to it; it's a delightful little boost to his already expansive ego. Her explanation is vague, but the leviathan does not pry. It strikes him that she may be running from something in her past, but again, he's certainly not one to judge about that. "I understand," comes his thunderous rumble of a voice.

She adds that a dear friend used to live here, and he idly wonders who it is. Still, there is little time to dwell. He has a new member to show around, to demonstrate the various regions of the place he's come to call home. She frets that she's coming off as crazy, and the stallion gives another small chuckle. "You aren't," he reassures. She steps forwards, then seems to question her own decision and quickly retreats, but Volterra simply fixes her with his crimson gaze. "You haven't made me uncomfortable. Closeness and touch play a valuable part in how we communicate - I've always valued movements over words, truth be told." His booming laugh is largely humourless as he dwells on his lack of ability when it comes to wordplay. To prove his point, he takes a step towards her, closing the space between them with fluid ease. She's an attractive thing and it occurs to him than his stallion-ness may inspire his body to react accordingly, but he stifles any urges. He's vowed to the Earth God to be a good boy, or at least try to be. Besides, he has to remain professional - he is here to be the welcoming Gladiator, not the rampant lover.

"Welcome to the herd, Myrrine. Come, I will show you around." He begins to walk, flicking his head towards her in an invitation to follow.

image credits

@Myrrine I've double checked in the DT chat whether Vol can accept her as a healer or just as a regular citizen, but I'll post in rank updates once I have an answer ^_^

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
Something New [LEAD] - by Myrrine - 11-25-2016, 11:42 PM
RE: Something New [LEAD] - by Volterra - 11-27-2016, 02:32 PM
RE: Something New [LEAD] - by Myrrine - 11-27-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: Something New [LEAD] - by Volterra - 11-28-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: Something New [LEAD] - by Myrrine - 11-28-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: Something New [LEAD] - by Volterra - 11-30-2016, 02:14 PM
RE: Something New [LEAD] - by Myrrine - 11-30-2016, 11:06 PM