the Rift

[OPEN] earth and ice

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

At first, she didn't even notice his humming. She took it as another reverberation of the forest, of the sleepy nightingales or dying vermin. She took a moment to listen closer, and found it that it wasn't terrene at all. It was the gray, the stallion who ever carefully followed her gait.

All other sounds were lost to her, she heard only her heartbeat and his humming. She found it pleasant. His soft chords built upon themselves, weaved into words, a merry tune. The maiden smiled to herself, the cheerfulness of his lyrics infecting her lips, that is, until she noticed how they mimicked the moment.

“Behind her steps, he shall see –
Oh, kind is the lady fair that sails these seas,
Ahh de-lad… ,”

Her emerald gaze flitted back to Cassius, brow raised, an amused smile on her lips. Her eyes slid down his body as a few coughs escaped his chest. She looked away, her heart somehow both simultaneously light and heavy. "Where do you hail from, Cassius? Is that a song of your homeland?" Her words sharp, but her voice soft. She prayed her words hadn't betrayed how he had shaken her. It has to be an old melody, she told herself, just a mere sea shanty.

Or, could it be, had he really called her fair?

She welcomed a change of subject, though she didn't look back at the stallion again. She stifled a laugh at his question, musing upon how little he seemed to know. He's like a baby. "I don't know too much of the Falls. I've lived in the Basin my whole life. What I do know is that it's the Earth God's patron land. Its leadership has been a bit tumultuous as of late. The leaders...I believe one is called the Mountain that Knows, and the other, the GoldenShade. And I don't quite know what to expect from their herd, either," she laughed at her own naivety (I'm like a baby, too, silver-boy), "border patrols are common in the herdlands. We might be greeted by a soldier, or perhaps a more docile presence. It's all chance." Her voice trailed off, knowing now she had a daunting task of explaining the Gods. "The Gods of Helovia are the God of the Earth, the God of the Sun, the Goddess of the Moon, and the God of the Spark, that's the one who represents our herd. Each God symbolizes one of our herds, and rules over their respective elements. There's only four Gods, or so we thought," her tone grew a bit darker, "that's where Kisamoa comes in. He is why we are here. I've spent half my life chasing Gods, and I've never gotten any closer to understanding them on my own." She sighed, casting a tired glance at the gray.

The Haruspex gladly embraced another change in subject, her emeralds moving from the gray to the elk at her side. He grunted when his presence was noticed, tilting his antlers in a cordial dip towards the stallion. "I apologize for not introducing you earlier," She laughed, emeralds bright again, "this is Altair. He's my companion. Many seasons ago I was given an egg by this talking whale," she laughed again, aware of how absurd she sounded, "and Altair hatched from it, for me. We're bound by our souls and we can hear each other's thoughts. A companion is a blessing, a gift from the Gods." Her leonine tail affectionately brushed her companion's side, the cerndyr trying to look particularly regal as he was spoken of, his chest out and head held high.

The maiden shook her head slowly at his antics, traveling quietly onward. She took note of Cassius again when they stopped, tilting her tiara towards the stallion, brow raised at the gray. Did he seem a bit darker, a bit more wary than before, or did she not observe him closely enough earlier? Her lips fell apart slightly, emeralds locked onto the gray more sharply than they had ever been prior, and listened carefully to his words. "Call upon who?" She teased, a bright smile on her dark lips, attempting a light composure. "We don't know who we're looking for, so we wait for them to find us. However, you may call for someone if you see fit," Frost stated simply with a rather apathetic shrug. Either, or, it didn't matter to her in the end.

@Cassius i just had to go ahead and reply bc cass is suCH a cutie omg
drawing by the wonderful aeolle, table by the amazing time
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Messages In This Thread
earth and ice - by Frost Fyre - 12-18-2016, 01:50 PM
RE: earth and ice - by Cassius - 12-18-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: earth and ice - by Frost Fyre - 12-19-2016, 12:54 AM
RE: earth and ice - by Syrena - 12-20-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: earth and ice - by Cassius - 12-22-2016, 06:17 AM
RE: earth and ice - by Frost Fyre - 12-22-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: earth and ice - by Syrena - 12-28-2016, 12:12 PM