the Rift

[OPEN] earth and ice

Cassius Posts: 46
Aurora Basin Haurspex atk: 3.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.0h :: 4 [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

He offers a half grin when she inquires about his song. As for homelands –

“Somewhere far, far away from the magical land that is, Helovia.” He played with its name, he thought it sounded wonderful threaded along his tongue. Alas, he was stalling. And to avoid any further suspicion he sighed quietly.

“It needs not a name. For it is a wretched place… trust me,” he grunts half-heartedly. And contemplates how appropriate it would be to be honest with her. And for a moment he wonders, why not? Why can’t he sing about his companions.

“The melody is from my birth place. But the lyrics, well – I like to improvise sometimes.”

He falls into silence however, eager to listen for those answers. Cassius’ smile fades into a soft line. Eyes fill with the need to absorb and retain what she offers. The talk of Gods is, once again, an enigma he finds hard believing. For he has not seen, not witnessed any great or miraculous things since his arrival. Besides the creatures that follow the equine, the magic that appears to saturate these lands from one individual to the next; all fragments, pieces to a whole, a source.

He offers a smile as she laughs; neither of them knows what might transpire today. “The Mountain that Knows… sounds… ominous.” His brows furrow for a moment. “I’m sure we’ll be fine miss Frost. We’re in alliance with the Falls after all. It will all work out,” he offers reassurance, an injection of positivity. It’s in his nature, feeling that they must be confident in their mission.

Frost Fyre delves back into the subject of Gods. It’s a mouthful, and he smiles sadly when he catches the fatigue in her gaze. It’s an apologetic look that crosses the distance. “I see… But it appears you have faith in their existence? I’m finding it hard, even now, to contemplate that such beings exist… I have not been here long though.” Cassius says the last bit in a forlorn tone. A product of his naivety, his lack of knowledge that has Frost loosing her breath over.

When the subject of her companion arises, he watches the elk curiously from where he walked. Smiling pleasantly, amused mostly by its responses. He chuckles with her, and dips his head to the stag. “It’s a pleasure Altair.” He voices briefly, before she continues on. He stifles a laugh when mentions of a talking whale are brought to light, grinning. “Oh, I’ve seen floating whales though. So it can’t be that far fetched.” It’s a light tease. Behind his eyes however, Cassius is reeling from the odd and strange elements composed in this world.

When he falls to silence then, stopping upon the borders, he is brought back from his thoughts to her inquiring words. The stallion blinks when he looks to her, briefly dumbfounded by her question – and manages a half laugh. An attempt to shake off the feeling that curls vehemently within.

“Well… I meant to call out. Like a cry? They might find us sooner if-,” Oh but they are in no need to signal their arrival. His eyes catch a form approaching them. As she nears, he can make out her appearance – scales, a swarm of colours that climb her limbs. He can’t look for too long, but it’s exotic and quaint amidst the grayness of winter.

She approaches them with words that are at discord with her features. As if, unimpressed with their arrival, tolerating their presence. Cassius offers all but a simple and soft smile – he has dealt with far worse circumstances (is what he’s told himself). And shirks off the feeling that they have arrived at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

As per usual he dips his head in greetings. “Good day Syrena. I am Cassius, a disciple from the Aurora Basin. I have accompanied our Haruspex,” nods to Frost Fyre, “ – to fulfill an inquiry of sorts.” He stops there, uncertain if he should press on with it. He shifts his gaze upon Frost, and settles on her instead to lead the conversation. Perhaps it is not his place to interject just yet. She is, after all, the Haruspex – and he, merely a disciple promoted just a day ago.

@Frost Fyre - hehe :3
@Syrena

Messages In This Thread
earth and ice - by Frost Fyre - 12-18-2016, 01:50 PM
RE: earth and ice - by Cassius - 12-18-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: earth and ice - by Frost Fyre - 12-19-2016, 12:54 AM
RE: earth and ice - by Syrena - 12-20-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: earth and ice - by Cassius - 12-22-2016, 06:17 AM
RE: earth and ice - by Frost Fyre - 12-22-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: earth and ice - by Syrena - 12-28-2016, 12:12 PM
RE: earth and ice - by Cassius - 12-30-2016, 08:50 PM
RE: earth and ice - by Frost Fyre - 01-01-2017, 04:13 PM