the Rift

[PRIVATE] baby I can take my time

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob

DECEMBER

& this is Carl

She didn't know if she was relieved or irritated by his initial answer. He had been hurting like she; filled with the pain and loss of their child; and he hadn't even tried to talk to her about it. Then again she hadn't mentioned either; but was it because he hadn't been around to talk to? She had been so busy searching for her that it almost slipped her mind. They hadn't even tried to find her together. What did that say about them? Were they no longer as in love as they had once been? Yet even that thought caused her to ache; because she loved Miykael so much; more than anything aside from her baby; and so to know that they hadn't taken the time to just be together hurt her all the worse.

She didn't acknowledge much of his speaking afterwards because she was so focused on her own failures; of the shortcomings that she possessed and how she didn't even try to fix them. She had been much more self-absorbed than previously thought. This was something she would store in her mind for later. Suddenly he was approaching and crashing himself into her wide chest; and as her face fell in place in the crook of his neck she couldn't help but melt into him; because this was the man she had fallen for in this exact place all those years ago; and she knew deep down she could never let go of him. Lips found satin skin; and her teeth trailed tenderly along the deep between his neck and shoulder; knowing that was where he always preferred attention.

Eyes fluttered close to savor him and his musky scent; to enjoy the way his lips felt against her shoulders as he spoke sweet promises into her massive form. She believed him with all of her heart, knowing that he could never lie to her or perhaps anyone. That wasn't how the angel worked. So she pressed herself closer to him and let the tears begin to dry; and as she let his breathing lull her into a sense of calm; she finally opened her eyes and looked at the fine hairs on his chest as she once again spoke, I love you Miykael. I always will. I can't continue to worry about where you go when you leave. I don't want to continue not speaking to each other and disappearing suddenly upon each other. I'm just as guilty; and I want to correct the issue. Promise me you'll try to be more present in my life. In the life of... any future children we might have.

She was tentative in her verbiage as she stood back from him, to look into his eyes because what would he say to that? She had always wanted more children; even before Merialeth had suddenly vanished. She had imagined her and Miykael standing side by side; watching fondly over their children as they frolicked and played; some obviously too grown for such things but happy to be with them nonetheless. It was a comfort she had found in her dreams at night as she went to sleep, an escape from the world that was filled with sorrow and bitterness and lost babies. It had been her solace this entire year of torture where she didn't have her painted princess pressed against her at night; where she wasn't able to watch her grow and learn about life and the world they lived in. She had missed so much of Meria's life because she had failed as a mother to watch over her and make sure she didn't vanish from her sight. She hadn't been able to love Isara; what on Earth made her think she could care for any other foals?

Now she was crying again and she couldn't stop; her composure finally breaking into the broken mess of anguish she had been hiding away all this time, not wanting to burdening anyone with her sorrow. Her head buried itself into his chest and she sobbed, not caring if she was loud or obnoxious because she missed her baby dammit and now she was fucking gone and there was nothing she could do to bring her back. All she had of a reminder was the small charm that pressed against her chest; that continued to prove to her each day of her failure. Her sobs broke into wails, and she pressed harder into him because he was the only thing keeping her grounded in this hell. She couldn't lose him after she had lost so much else, and it left her feeling so empty... who was she anymore?

Soon she was gasping, trying to find air as she lifted her skull away from him briefly to fill her lungs, before turning to press all of herself into his side and nuzzling his shoulder. This was where she felt safe, this was her sanctuary in the darkest of hours. She knew all along that Miykael would be there for her through it all, and it was so hard to imagine her life without him. Managing to calm herself down despite all of the emotion welling in her, face finally smoothing out to a less panicked expression; she looked back up at him; sniffling before murmuring softly to him, I failed them both as a mother and protector. How can I in good conscience bring more life into this world when I wasn't able to keep safe the ones prior?"

Talking.

Image Credits

@Miykael

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Messages In This Thread
baby I can take my time - by Miykael - 02-02-2017, 12:18 AM
RE: baby I can take my time - by December - 02-02-2017, 01:18 AM
RE: baby I can take my time - by Miykael - 02-02-2017, 03:14 AM
RE: baby I can take my time - by December - 02-02-2017, 11:29 PM
RE: baby I can take my time - by Miykael - 02-08-2017, 02:49 AM
RE: baby I can take my time - by December - 02-13-2017, 01:50 AM