the Rift

[OPEN] where our story begins [welcoming!]

Qeren Posts: 9
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 4
AlyGator
The elegant dappled bay mare watches the blue mare as she responds. The love testament clearly played over the smaller mares expressive face. It was something that shined from the ocean mares eyes. At least that was how Qeren understood it. She had watched the same light spark in her mothers eyes when ever she spoke of crafting. The fondness her mother had held for it was - well. It had been one of those things that where so inspiring. When someone seemed so passionate and in love with something you couldn't help but to feel... something at least about it.

In this instant - it was hope. Hope that curved the corners of Qeren's lips into a smile. It sparked hope. Something that could be cultivated upon - fanned into a flame. While the mixed breed had so long assumed she could only dream of one day she'd have such a passion for a place she called home... Perhaps it was truly a possibility "The love you hold for this land is admirable." came the reply with the smile still softening the desert mares expression.

A nod. Eyes giving a reflection of haunt as she gave that hell she hailed from another thought. Those dark memories that so liked to follow her like a phantom banished again by the lightness of Tiamat. The kindness as she outstretched her muzzle. Qeren hadn't expected that motion of comfort. But she seemed glad to receive it as she touch her velveteen muzzle to the other in further appreciation, once more a smile on her lips. "It's of the past now. I'm glad to have rid myself of such a place."

" I feel like it wouldn't be difficult for you to cheer up any." Came the musing chuckle of the taller mare. The topic following was one of better spirits. Not so haunted by the pain of a past she left behind. She rather looked forward to seeing these hot springs. A laugh left her lips about a easily as the sarcasm did on her next comment.. well. At least the latter of the comment, "Sounds wonderful - I feel like I may never fully thaw.". Yes. She had felt that rude, nasty bite of winter deep in her bones for a long time now it seemed.

Qeren was happy to walk in a peaceful state, looking about her as mismatched eyes seemed determined to take in the details of the land. Lingering on the leviathan as it plays in the waters. It felt a bit like a dream. A good one of course. As uncommon as they may be to her. She only stops once the declaration was made. She carefully followed the other.

A sigh left her lips at the feel of the soothing warmth hugging her weary feet. Further she found her way in. It felt like heaven on her weary body. The warmth penetrating the nagging cold that had insisted on clinging to her since the temperatures had first dropped. "It feels amazing." The mare's voice was full of awe and pleasure at the much needed warmth.

Once more those miss matched eyes flickered to Tiamat at the following question. Pausing to consider the words. A moment to think of her own mother. "My mother crafted. I'd help her but without the magic she'd possessed I never was as good I fear." she cocked her head smiling at remembering her mothers expression the first time she had tired to craft something and ended up with some... monstrosity of knots. It had been some useless nothing but her mother had said how beautiful it was. It brought a chuckle to her, "I've always liked to learn though, so if something is needed of me that can be taught, I'd be happy to."

"Talk."
@Tiamat
Qeren
from the land of sun and sand
the desert rose

Going ahead and saying she'll be rated M as she doth not have the mouth of a lady.... #swearfest

Messages In This Thread
where our story begins [welcoming!] - by Tiamat - 02-05-2017, 05:36 PM
RE: where our story begins [welcoming!] - by Qeren - 02-25-2017, 10:57 AM