[PRIVATE] broken [healing request]

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow
I WON'T BE LEFT DEFENCELESS, AS GOD IS MY WITNESS
I'D RATHER BE

D A N G E R O U S

"I didn't know that." The confession is uttered honestly, and the filly finds herself frowning. How is it that that little piece of info seems to have sneaked out of the history books? More importantly, is this backstory enough for Oizys to trust him? Nothing changes what he did. Killing a parent is unforgivable, and the stone-grey yearling knows she will never trust him fully. But....maybe everything happens for a reason. Maybe Helovia really is the instigator in this battle and not the harmless victim. Could they truly have got it all so wrong?

She's sure his request will be something dastardly, though, something to make her change her mind again now he's ensnared her into his trap. To her utter astonishment, though, it....isn't. All he wants is her voice. He just wants her to tell anybody who asks how she was healed, and that...is the most reasonable request she's ever had. How the hell can she turn that down? It may be that she never has to say anything because she's never asked - this secret could go with her to her grave. Or she may be asked by the first person she meets, and is the truth truly so terrible? Kaos healed me. Kaos, my mother's killer, healed me.

"Don't do it," wails Ker. "He evil. Not trustworthy. He killed Mother!"

Yeah, and maybe this is his way of saying sorry!

"Doesn't work like that! What he did unforgivable. How you let him trap you like this?"

Ker, all he wants is my words. I can give him those. It's not like I'm betraying Mother by telling people that he did a nice thing. Even serial killers have fluffy puppies for pets, it doesn't make them any less evil. It doesn't mean I trust him, or that anybody else will when I tell them.

"Thought you had morals?"

Oizys cuts the conversation short. She has made her decision. "I accept." There's a part of her that feels like she's selling her soul to the devil, but an equally large part that thrums with excitement at the idea of finally ridding herself of The Thing. All her life it has been her burden to greatness. With it gone, she can rise to be the warrior that she owes it to her dam to be. She can aid the Basin, protect it. Ridding herself of the crippling defect in her heart will change her life, allow her to do all the things she has always wanted to do.

The little voice in her head reminds her that everything she accomplishes from here will be by Kaos's hand. Every success she rises to will be because of him - and that makes her feel slightly nauseous. Not enough to change her decision, though, when the benefits outweigh this one niggling misgiving, but enough to take the shine off her excitement as she gazes upon the ball of power in the monkey's hand.

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

Messages In This Thread
broken [healing request] - by Oizys - 03-06-2017, 01:58 PM
RE: broken [healing request] - by Kaos - 03-06-2017, 02:56 PM
RE: broken [healing request] - by Oizys - 03-06-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: broken [healing request] - by Kaos - 03-06-2017, 03:42 PM
RE: broken [healing request] - by Oizys - 03-06-2017, 03:54 PM
RE: broken [healing request] - by Kaos - 03-06-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: broken [healing request] - by Oizys - 03-06-2017, 04:37 PM
RE: broken [healing request] - by Kaos - 03-06-2017, 05:25 PM