the Rift

[OPEN] In spite of all my fears, I can see it all so clear

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She is glad for the extended gold wing of greeting, and she makes her way into the group happily. After all, these are some of her favorite horses in the Edge (and in Helovia, really) in one spot. But the inviation is slightly faltering, and for a moment, Lyanna cannot help but worry that Yael too would leave the Edge. First Glasgow, her friend. Toulouse, and though part of her is glad, she’d brought Toulouse here and still felt like she’d failed him, somehow. She couldn’t stomach the thought of losing Yael too, both her friend and her recruit. Could she fail so many?

Perhaps she could. She had failed her family in the worst of ways. Why did she think in this life that she might not fail again?

But thankfully, Yael is not leaving. She’s just picking her career path. One which might mean she will ultimately lose. And the thought hurts, but it doesn’t seem like one where it’s because Lyanna could have done anything differently. If Yael one days chooses to serve a different God, there is nothing Lyanna can do to change the Gods. Her smile does not slip, at least, and Aly is quick to reply and for the moment, Lyanna lets their Queen steer the conversation.

She has heard some of Alysanne’s beginnings, when the mare had long ago offered Lyanna an ear and a shoulder to cry on. She had never told Aly of her past, and now, she couldn’t say why. It just never seemed like an appropriate thing to throw into a conversation, normally. And she got so little time with Aly anymore that didn’t require business discussions that she didn’t feel like bringing down their few personal moments.

“My story is not unlike Alysanne’s. Elsa found me in the Threshold and described a place that sounded very much like the home I had lost. I decided to go and Aly met me the border, welcoming me in with open arms that I’d hardly done anything to earn. So I stayed and threw myself into working for the Edge, learning everything I could about herbs and healing. Eventually I came to learn more about the Gods here, and if I had to pick one, I would choose the Moon Goddess. But in my old home I could control the wind, and I will always have an affinity for it, so the Moon Goddess suits me.”

Like Aly, Lyanna isn’t sure if her answer is helpful, but it’s the best one she’s got. And she’ll offer the truth, even if it’s only pieces of it. No one needs to know just why she lost her home. Or that her brother would have beloned to the Sun God here, her Mother to the Earth God. She’d come from a land so different than this that perhaps none of it really mattered but what happened going forward.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Yael

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
RE: In spite of all my fears, I can see it all so clear - by Lyanna - 04-07-2017, 03:07 PM