the Rift

[OPEN] In spite of all my fears, I can see it all so clear

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

The bond of friendship between Lyanna and Yael brings a warm smile to Alysanne’s face - she’s happy to see the gentle nudge that the golden mare gives, marking Lyanna as one who has helped replace what she has lost. It brought her a rush of joy, truly, knowing that the Edge had played some part in bringing these two mares together, in bringing them into each other’s lives.

She listened with interest as Yael explained a bit of her own past - mentioning briefly that she once held the power of the gods (a fact that fascinates Alysanne and reminds her of the angels and demons of the land she grew up in). Alysanne’s dark head nodded along, agreeing that learning the history of Helovia and Helovians alike was a wonderful task - and something that should hopefully shed a little light on which path suited Yael best.

“Yes, many who call Helovia home have come from elsewhere - I think it’s rare to find someone who has been born here, and rarer still to find more than one generation in a family.” It was truly remarkable, really - the shared experiences of so many different homelands all coming together within Helovia. Worlds and places Alysanne could have never dreamed of - and she hoped none were like her old home.

At the question about whether they would be the first to tell their stories, Alysanne was all smiles and agreement. “I would be happy to, Yael - whenever you’d like. I don’t know how exciting my own story will be compared to some of the others you will collect across Helovia - but I’ll share it for whatever it’s worth. After living in Helovia for five years, I’ve certainly seen a few things.” The threat of Kaos was troubling but not entirely surprising - it seemed that there was always some new threat lingering on the edges of Helovia, threatening what would otherwise be a peaceful place. Perhaps the Gods drew in the darkness from outside, power drawn to power and the poor mortals on the ground got caught up in the mix.

But as for her personal story, Alysanne wondered, even as she agreed to tell her own story, how truthful she would be with Yael. She didn’t know the golden mare well - would she be able to open up about the things that troubled her? Iona alone knew everything about her… but, at the very least, she had lived for eleven Birdsongs and she would be able to come up with something to share.

just let my love throw a spark
and have a little faith in me

art by rhiaan

@Lyanna
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
RE: In spite of all my fears, I can see it all so clear - by Alysanne - 04-19-2017, 02:42 PM