the Rift

Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time]

Mihtal Posts: 26
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 8 years HP: 56.0 | Buff: Novice
Reli
The longer I stare at the monkey, the stranger he seems to become. It is not difficult to assume that there is a certain wit about his character, and while I appreciate his dry humor (and the way he makes my stiff, cracked lips twist into some shadow of a smile), I can’t help but be intimidated by his unrestraint. Who’s to say he won’t call me out for something? Or draw attention to the way I stand, or the way I peer from behind a curtain of dark hair? Suddenly very self-conscious, I shift backwards, sinking further into the shadows.

I curse myself and my foolishness. How weak I am. It is irrational, these fears, but I still can do nothing to control them—already they have a hold on my beating heart and my straining lungs, whispering desperately at me to leave before it’s too late. I can only imagine what they all must be thinking about the little cretin in the shadows—what a stranger and a fool I am.
(And can I blame them?)

Slowly, I attempt a shuddering breath, closing my eyes while I fight the unwelcomed sting of tears. (Really?) I curse myself a thousand times over, because this is pathetic. I blink several times when I finally open my eyes again, tracing a few blades of grass before I look once more to the peculiar, sticky monkey (has he always had those odd rainbow candies?). He’s talking to everyone now, standing upon his rock with a most unruly grandeur.

Then, he gives us a riddle.

I am no master of knowledge, but with a life full of pain and abuse and sex, I have learned a thing or two about riddles—the desert streets of Uumalah had been festering with rotten people, both conniving and cruel. I have had to read them more than once. So, with my mind grasping desperately at this distraction, I soon come at an answer (too quick, it’s too quick). Lingering at the back of the small crowd, I shift my weight uneasily, nearly recoiling when someone else exclaims that they have an answer. Lowering my head, I murmur only for me, “I know,” as inconspicuously as myself.

“Speech.”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No prior refusals.
Seeking: [Magic: LightxShock (A) | The ability to block the synapses of the brain from the body, leaving the troubling sensation of disembodiment.]
Run away—
run away if you can’t speak
Turn a page on a world that you don’t need

image credits
please tag Mihtal in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - by Oizys - 04-07-2017, 03:28 PM
RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - by Rikyn - 04-07-2017, 04:03 PM
RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - by Sacre - 04-07-2017, 04:34 PM
RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - by Amaris - 04-08-2017, 07:03 PM
RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - by Tiamat - 04-10-2017, 07:31 PM