the Rift

[OPEN] she eyes me like a pisces

Rhodoc Posts: 24
Aurora Basin Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 4 years
felix
The weak, golden warmth crawls over my dark coat like a kindness. With Orangemoon's arrival approach comes shorter days, and I savor the fleeting fingers of the sun's touch as it begins to sink below the mountains. The sunsets in the Basin can be nice, too, by the way. Like now, for example. Off in the distance, the sky starts to purple and the underbellies of gathered clouds are painted a fiery orange so delicious looking that I wish I could stick out my tongue and eat it right up. Perhaps if I had Weaver's wings, I would.

So I'm standing there, beneath the frozen arch, thinking about how the sky tastes when a voice startles me from my thoughts. It's coming from behind me, and I turn toward it. It's a voice made of raw honey - the best kind of voice to hear just as the sun goes down - and the deepness of the vocals pretty much beg my attention. The voice calls me handsome, and my ego swells as it should. Setting my ears forward, I turn my head to find a mare, pretty enough, with a dappled coat of ash and snow and an intriguing two-toned gaze. Balancing on top of her head is a set of low-hanging horns. "Were you looking at my butt?" I ask, mirror the stranger's smirk after a moment. After all, I was just standing here, admiring the sunset or whatever, and I do know that it happens to be very nicely toned.

I watch, delighted to share the sunlight with company, as she juts her own hip out to enjoy the last bits of warmth the evening has to offer. The sun plays patterns over her dappled skin, making the lighter parts iridescent and somewhat ghostly. I turn my face back to the sun, closing my eyes again. "Ah, winter. I keep hearing that it's a real bitch here." It's all anybody can talk about. And I can see why. "Where I'm from, it snows, like, once or twice tops during Frostfall."

She tosses a name at me now, and I store it into my head. I've been meeting a shitload of people in the Basin recently, and all their faces are starting to blur together. Fortunately, nobody quite looks like Zunden here, so I doubt I'll have a hard time keeping it straight. "I'm Rhodoc," I say back, wish a swish of my leonine tail. I open my eyes against the sunlight and turn my face toward her. "I don't think I've seen you in the Basin. Tell me, what kind of things do you do for fun around here? Y'know, besides freezing your ass off." Because I'm always looking for ideas.
art © sky

@Zunden
[Image: Rhodoc_pixel1.png]
Please tag me in all posts!
Magic/violence cool whenever.

Messages In This Thread
she eyes me like a pisces - by Rhodoc - 05-01-2017, 07:11 PM
RE: she eyes me like a pisces - by Zünden - 05-02-2017, 05:12 AM
RE: she eyes me like a pisces - by Rhodoc - 05-02-2017, 08:41 PM
RE: she eyes me like a pisces - by Zünden - 05-23-2017, 12:18 AM