the Rift

[PRIVATE] Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella

The world rested silently for a moment, as it had seemed to be doing frequently for the star-swept mare. Her distant staring into the forest had done her little good, and the weariness that had started in her breast and seeped into her bones was enough to make her want to turn tail and leave. Sentient as she was, she was still a wild thing, and she had instinct. And it was that instinct that urged her to turn and flee.

In retrospect, it urged her to turn and see him.

It tugged at her mane, pushed at her to turn her head and lay eyes upon the stallion who had joined with her to plant a garden, two tiny seedlings that had blossomed into celestial twins. It prodded her in the ribs, begged her to return to him, and repair the jagged canyons that separated her and her children. It squeezed at her lungs, desperate to steal her breath away so she would spin and breathe him in, capture enough air that she could spill words to explain where she had been, so she could catch up on all she had missed.

She turned her silver eyes skyward. Apparently when she had lost her memory, she had lost her nerve, as well. But her eyes also captured a glimpse of a great blackened bird. A scavenger, perhaps, seeking to pick the meat from her bones once whatever lived in there sunk its teeth into her. Ultimately, being a creature of self-preservation, she turned herself towards the exit, but not before hearing that name. How often would she hear her name whispered into the wind? As with Erebos, she couldn’t understand or catch any inflection upon the breathless name. Confusion? Contempt? Accusing? Shocked? It was said as she could assume many would say it. She had gone, disappeared, simply vanished, and certainly many would have assumed she had just walked out as so many others had. What would it mean for her to suddenly return?

When she finally came to look upon the stallion, glorious and ethereal as one could expect from someone born from a deity (though she knew not what his mother was, even before all of this), she couldn’t help but mirror his frozen stature. Her heart begged to flutter and hum and burst at the seams. Her heart knew him, and in its desperate beating, she realized he must have been important.

Remember, damn it.

His face made her think of midnight. Her coat shuddered as if caressed by a cold northern wind. Her stomach filled with butterflies.

“Yes,” she murmured, the answer solitary. What else was there to say? Who are you? How do you know me? Are we friends? Enemies? Family?

She did not want to make the same mistake as last time, when she told Erebos she did not remember him. She had no idea how the stoic giant felt upon those words, but his kind (at least, as kind as a creature as he could be) words gave her the impression that they had been close to friends before she had slipped off into the abyss. It must be hurtful to hear that from someone you knew, that they didn’t remember your face or name or anything about you.

The silence was off putting, and she cleared her throat softly, and stepped forwards. I know you, she wanted to say. She wanted to pretend that none of this had happened. How could she do this again without sounding ridiculous and broken and ruined? How could she prevent herself from crumbling further? It was nearly a miracle that she could recoil and reset and function the last time she needed to have this conversation. How many times was she expected to do this?

“I—“ she paused, considering her words carefully. Think of something thoughtful, something to break the news gently, incase he is a friend like the last one was. “Something happened.”

Well, that was probably literally the worst way she could have phrased it. “I mean—“ she let loose a tired sigh, “I’m sorry. I just don’t remember.” She let her head fall, her forelock falling foward to shield her eyes. She wished she could just hide from this forever. But what was done, was done, and there was nothing she could do to change it. So she waited for the earth to rumble and crack open, and hoped that when it did, it would swallow her up so she would never have to have this conversation again.

Ki'irha
you taught me the courage of stars before you left, how light carries on endlessly even after death

image credits

@Mesec .
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Ki'irha - 05-30-2017, 08:32 AM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 05-31-2017, 01:10 PM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Ki'irha - 05-31-2017, 05:04 PM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-08-2017, 06:01 AM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-11-2017, 06:41 PM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-27-2017, 08:28 PM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-27-2017, 08:28 PM