the Rift

[PRIVATE] Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Going against everything that Mesec was, his instinct when Ki’irha moved two steps towards him was to take two away from her - to keep the distance between them as if that would somehow help. But he forced himself to remain where he was - his fear shifting into wariness. In his life, he had experienced a lot of strange things - being the son of the Goddess of the Moon didn’t make for a simple life - but all of his experiences left him at a loss for how to handle this situation.

He watched her with his sad, silver eyes as she tried to explain what was going on. How she had woken up bloodied and bruised - and without any memories. And he felt for her, his concern for her finally rising through his own fear and pain, he really did. He took an unsteady step towards her, but just one - not knowing if he had any right to close the gap further. It didn’t help, knowing that she felt like she knew him but didn’t know how, but Mesec didn’t say that out loud. He didn't wish to add to her grief any further.

And finally, she asked him what his name was - how they knew each other. “I’m Mesec…” He didn’t know how to explain the rest of it - his name was the easiest part. His silver eyes closed as he fought against the tears and the hurt. She wasn’t doing this on purpose, he believed that, but he had been telling the truth when he said it didn’t help to know that she knew him but didn’t all at the same time. Knew that they had a connection, but had no idea what it was. His brief encounter with Ki’irha had ended up being one of the most important events in his life. She was the mother of his children, the start of something that had completely changed who he was and what he believed he could be.

His heart was breaking - for her, for the trauma she went through and what she was going through now, and for Vesper - thinking how his sweet, star-strung daughter would react to learning her mother no longer recognized her.

“We…” His voice cracked a little bit and his eyes flashed open to find her face - filled with sadness, but still hoping that when he said the words he would see recognition in her expression. “Ki’irha. We have children together.” He watched her carefully now for her reaction. It wasn’t going to be easy to hear but she needed to know. “You and I… we don’t know each other very well, but we met in the north - sheltered from a storm together - and we…” Well, he didn’t really need to say what they did, did he? He felt heat rush across his skin just remembering it. Remembering the ways he knew her. The ways she forgot she had known him.

So he skipped over that part - and got back to what actually mattered. “We have twins, a boy and a girl - Virga and Vesper, and they are the most perfect things I have ever seen in my entire life.” His words were a plea now, as if she would somehow snap out of it and remember. Remember what it felt like to look upon her children and know how much she had loved them.

Now his legs moved forward, finding more strength in his body and his words, his eyes focused on her as he hoped to close the gap between them until they were close enough that they could touch, if they wished. “And don’t you ever believe that you weren’t important or that no one was looking for you. We thought you were travelling outside of Helovia on a patrol - and when you were gone longer than expected... I visited the Basin several times just hoping that someone had heard from you, and I know Vesper has sought for you too. Virga, our son, left to look for you. He hasn’t come back, but maybe now he will...” Mesec trailed off then - wondering if maybe he shouldn’t have said so much all at once, wondering if it was too much. But he knew she was strong, even if she didn't even know it right now. “We thought about you every day, Ki'irha. There aren't words to describe how important of a piece you are to our story.”

Mesec
the nightwind

image credits

@Ki'irha
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Ki'irha - 05-30-2017, 08:32 AM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 05-31-2017, 01:10 PM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-08-2017, 06:01 AM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-11-2017, 06:41 PM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-27-2017, 08:28 PM