the Rift

[PRIVATE] Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

His heart, never even quite whole to begin with, continued to break as he watched his news register with Ki’irha. He waited with never-ending patience for her to wrestle with the fact that not only was she a mother but that hse was a mother who had left. He still didn’t think any worse for her, really how could he? He was still delighted in her return, whatever the complications that arose with it, even if his wariness and sadness were currently winning over among all the emotions raging within him.

He watched her carefully as she moved towards him - not moving an inch until she touched him.

And even then, he moved but it was just to close his eyes and exhale a breath so deep he could have been holding it since the last time he had felt her touch on his skin. He didn’t know whether he should be comforting her or whether it was right that these caresses were soothing him - it was easy enough to drown in her, he knew that well enough. Small shivers coursed across his body and he felt his heartbeat pick up at the same time.

But.

His eyes flashed open again when she spoke - when she remembered. First bewilderment and then a shining silver smile lit up his eyes as he watched her explain that she had dreams of their memories together. The peace of that moment didn’t last long, though, because they were drowning together - and she was facing the consequences of her time away and what that had meant for the two shining threads that bound them together.

So many questions tumbled out from her, Mesec didn’t even know where to start so he let her get them all out first.

Despite her worries, despite how real they were, Mesec chuckled - in a soft, short manner - and reached out to brush his muzzle against Ki’irha’s cheek. “You’re a mother, through and through - whether or not you forgot you were one. No one could worry like that except a parent.” But then his chuckles died and he regarded her more seriously. “I do worry about Virga… but our kids are nothing short of incredible. I mentioned they were perfect, right? I think he is okay. He took the separation from you hardest - he’s quieter, more reserved, than Vesper. I don’t think it helped that I took them with me to live in the Edge instead of staying in the Basin… but I thought it was best. The Basin and I don’t have a happy history.” Even now, Mesec didn’t regret that choice - the twins had been safe in the Edge, as his mother had said, and for a time they had lived peacefully together. “And Vesper - she’s so beyond everything I could have ever hoped for in a daughter. She has a coat of stars like you but her personality shines with sunlight.”

The last concerns that she had spoken were important and he shifted so that he could look at her properly - as though he could will her to believe the words that he was speaking as much as he did. “We’re still a family, Ki’irha. If you want to be, I mean. Everything that has happened can be fixed, and I’ll be there to help you.” The ‘if you want’ was silent this time, but still present in his eyes when he gazed at her - watching as much as he was listening for her response. That she was the family of their children was one thing, he believed she would never reject them, but he found that he was hoping to be included within that picture too.  

Mesec
the nightwind

image credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Ki'irha - 05-30-2017, 08:32 AM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 05-31-2017, 01:10 PM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-08-2017, 06:01 AM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-11-2017, 06:41 PM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-27-2017, 08:28 PM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-27-2017, 08:28 PM