the Rift

of ghosts and other unnatural things (Tor, Azulee, NPC)

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

NPC
Written by Aud

The marsh is full of real sounds, and ones that you're sure, you only imagined. Like the foot-falls of the un-dead, just behind you. But of course they can't be real, for when you turn to look, no one is there.

But let me tell you this: this is definitely a real sound. So real in fact, that even the thick muck reverberates with the vibrations of the scream. And who is screaming? Why a sweet little foal, a foal much like Azulee:

"HELP ME. IT'S GOT ME! TOR! LACE! HURRY!

From deep within the marsh, something was projecting the voice of a panicked young foal. The sound of something pulling something else from the mud could be heard, as the terror-filled plea dissipated. A sickly squelching sound reached Tor and Lace, as if something huge had just risen from the muck. Closer.... thought its primitive mind. The swamp seemed to dim subtly, both audibly and visually. It was like someone turned the volume and the saturation down at the same time.

There was only one path through the marsh, visible at midday. If Tor and Lace ventured down the path, would they be able to find 'Azulee' in time? Even if they did, would too much daylight have been spent, barring their exit from the swamp?

It waited in the shadows, positive that Tor and Lace would take the bait, but just in case they needed any more convincing....Another of 'Azulee's' projected screams rang out into the stillness which had befallen the marsh.

Come.

Messages In This Thread
RE: of ghosts and other unnatural things (Tor, Azulee, NPC) - by NPC - 11-18-2012, 01:40 PM