the Rift

of ghosts and other unnatural things (Tor, Azulee, NPC)

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

It seems that their rough beginning to friendship has been smoothed and even gilded to a friendship that is growing. Not instant and completely untouchable as Ophelia's and Tor's seemed to be- gentle, quiet, but blooming quick. Adventure brought horses together in a way that mere conversations could not begin to fathom. For a few minutes, the only sound of them walking was the squelching of mud sucking at their hooves, the near-silent lap of brown-gray water under the thin layer of ice that lay moaning like the dead itself. What would happen if Tor were to cross it? Would she plunge through? Be sucked under like the many others now dead that seemed to be reaching out to the living? Her thoughts were disturbed at the sloshing of wet, muddy grass as Lace quickened his step, slowing at her side. Tor gave him a curious glance, but her curiosity was answered immediately. "Of course I will Lace! It's always important to know at least the basics, even as I should technically know the basics of fighting." Not that she did. Maybe Tor would ask him if he could teach her as well, but he seemed to be more of a... crafter. Not really warrior, persay, but certainly not a healer.

Only a few seconds passed before the first screams split the silence. Cut it along the seams of eerie quiet with a precise knife, a glittering blade. Tor jerked up, half-rearing and nearly stepping into the perilous water, before recovering herself. Lace acted likewise, seeming as spooked as she did by the sudden and devastatingly loud cry broadcasting through the air. Another wail for help split the air, playing loud and bold, calling for them. Unlike the stallion, Tor immediately was worried by the fact it, if it was a foal, knew their names- after all, she only knew Azulee. But as another bloodcurdling screech rent the air, there was no choice, no option. With a glance at the stallion, she began to run at his flank, towards the source, splashing through the edges of the swamp itself, disregarding her own safety.

All too soon Tor would know the trap they had fallen into.

TOR
just because i trust everyone does not mean i'm a fool.

slime-stock | Burtn | Tay-Studios

Messages In This Thread
RE: of ghosts and other unnatural things (Tor, Azulee, NPC) - by Tor - 11-20-2012, 06:31 PM