the Rift

of ghosts and other unnatural things (Tor, Azulee, NPC)

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

NPC
Elope-lope-lope

Malicious red eyes appear out of the darkness before the worrying, trotting horses, yet the words emerging from black lips are words of youth. "Tor! Lace! There's a monster coming to get me!" A mirthless chuckle comes from those dark lips, the red eyes sparkle with gallows' humor. When the stallion emerges into the daylight, even a brave soul would resist the urge to quel under him. For one thing, he's massive, even larger than Tor, nearly a giant, with black wings rotting on his gaping frame. Bones stick out of his threadbare coat- literally. Strips of his rotting skin fall away from his body, revealing innards and muscle. Most grotesque of all on this bloodied zombie is the heart pumping in his chest, a ebony heart visible through his ribcage, and a broken little doll hanging from a mane filled with knucklebones. A twisted fragment of a horn sprouts from his forehead.

"I am Gazul the Black Wizard, and if you pass me, you will find incredible wonders hidden in the swamp." What he did not say was that the wonders were seven twisted, mangled corpses, each with rubies over their eyes. "Give me a riddle. If I answer it correctly, I shall drink your souls for your bodies. If I do not answer correct the first time, you may pass and visit the ghosts creeping through the swamp, and hear their sorrowful tales. If you run, you die." Two more monsters rise at his flanks, each a squat, ugly gargoyle. Mere statues, but it adds to the hellish effect with great strength.

Messages In This Thread
RE: of ghosts and other unnatural things (Tor, Azulee, NPC) - by NPC - 11-20-2012, 07:01 PM