the Rift

Somewhere With You [Xanthos]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani snorted. She easily remembered the name of the feral mare who had separated both Xanthos and herself from their playful romp at the beach, and hearing that she had been captured filled the palomino with a mixture of emotions, all of them far from sympathetic. There was no care in her heart for the ebony creature that had obviously been so cruel to Xanthos, and a dark part of her wished that Elizabeth was as uncomfortable as she could be wherever she was now. It was perhaps unkind of her, but… With another snort, Romani shook her head to toss her mane aside. There was no point in wasting any more thoughts on Elizabeth; the dark Unicorn wasn’t worth it.

Eyeing the stallion before her, azure eyes roamed over his features, and easily she spotted the puckered skin, a result of a past injury. It wasn’t old, she noted, but Romani was certain that it hadn’t been there before, when they had first met. Opening her mouth to comment upon his healing wound, she refrained at the last second, not wanting to bring up any painful memories.

“You look as handsome as ever, Xanthos.” Romani said in response to his question, offering the grullo a caring smile. She didn’t know if the stallion was self conscious of the new mark he sported, but she wanted to him to know, in a subtle way, that she didn’t mind it at all. Perhaps it was bold of her, but the palomino didn’t care. Right now, there was no one around who could stop her from saying what she wanted… Nor would she even if there was. Still standing close to his larger body, she shifted her weight, enjoying the moment. This was a better turnout than she could have imagined.

At his inquiry, the femme tilted her head, forelock falling back into place. Resisting the urge to toss it from her face, she hummed softly under her breath before answering.

“Yes… It’s, well… It’s warm. Even in Frostfall the snow wasn’t as bad as in the lower lands of Helovia. It’s also beautiful, with green grass and the waterfall... I couldn’t ask for a more peaceful place to call home.” Pausing, Romani’s expression drooped for a moment before a brilliant smile lit up her face, ears perked forward and head lifted so that she could easily meet Xanthos’ golden gaze. “Perhaps one day I’ll show you.”

Growing silent, the red mare lowered her head, nostrils breathing in the smell of the soft grass beneath their hooves. There was so much she still wanted to know from Xanthos, more about him, but she didn’t know if such questions would be allowed. Still, he was such a gentle soul… Perhaps he would indulge her?

“Xanthos, could I ask you something?” Romani paused, azure eyes flicking up to read the stallion’s expression before continuing on, “Of course, you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to, I’m merely just curious, but… Where do you come from? In Helovia, I mean. Elizabeth,” And here her tone changed to one of disgust, practically spitting the silvered mare’s name as if it was poison on her tongue, “She claimed that I was ‘lesser’, that you couldn’t spend time with me because I wasn’t graced with a horn… Why do you associate with such foul creatures?”

Messages In This Thread
Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Romani - 12-04-2012, 08:19 PM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 12-04-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Romani - 12-04-2012, 10:52 PM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 12-05-2012, 10:41 PM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Romani - 12-08-2012, 01:22 AM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 12-08-2012, 02:06 AM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Romani - 12-13-2012, 08:40 PM