the Rift

Somewhere With You [Xanthos]

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

The wound that was etched into the grullo's hide had done nothing to put a damper on his spirit. It was ugly, yes, but it told a story. It would wither and fade with time, he knew, but it would be with him even when he was an old stallion. There was no use in fretting over it.

Romani's comment was something unexpected, but pleasant to hear. He wanted to toss his head back and show off to the mare, jokingly of course, but he would save that until they had grown to know each other better. Xanthos might be a gentleman, but around those he truly loved, he knew how to cut loose every once in a while, as shown during their first encounter. "Thank you," he said with an unstoppable smile tugging at his lips, "And you, Romani, just as beautiful as before." A brave compliment, perhaps, but one he found himself unable to hold back. They may have only met for a short time before, but with Romani, he felt something invisible drawing them close together.

When the palomino divulged of her home in the Foothills, a part of the stallion felt a pang of jealousy. Even though the Basin was not quite as cold as the Steppe, thanks to the natural protection of the mountains surrounding it, it would never feel the warm breeze of Birdsong, or the heat of the sun's rays during Tallsun. While he did love the unnatural beauty of the Auroran realm, it simply was not the same as the open fields and rolling hills that he had spent years exploring. "It sounds lovely, Romani. I'm afraid today would not be a good time... But I would love to behold it one day, if I am welcome."

Suddenly, the mare looked lost in her thoughts, and his own expression turned to one of concern. But before he could question it, she spoke up, and his concern morphed into one of thoughtfullness. She had every right to question him on such a subject, and drawing in a deep breath, he prepared himself to explain. "Currently, I reside in the Aurora Basin. A newer land than the others, yes, but it is an enigma of itself. It is beautiful, if I may say so myself, but... That beauty is lost when such ugly souls are littered and strewn about it." For a moment, his words had turned bitter, but he was quick to correct himself. He did not like to show his anger, even if it wasn't directed towards the smaller equine.

Once readjusted, Xanthos exhaled softly, black-tipped ears turning back ever so slightly as he went on. "I would say it wasn't my choice, but I'm afraid it was. She offered faux hope to me, and I was a fool not to take a step back and weigh my options like I should have. If I could leave, then I certainly would... I am just unsure if it's the safest option at the moment." His words were undoubtedly spoken in truth, for the grullo feared that if he truly did up and leave the Basin behind, it would not be the last time he laid his eyes on the dark forces of the Plague.

I can see you're losing it

Messages In This Thread
Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Romani - 12-04-2012, 08:19 PM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 12-04-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Romani - 12-04-2012, 10:52 PM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 12-05-2012, 10:41 PM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Romani - 12-08-2012, 01:22 AM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 12-08-2012, 02:06 AM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Romani - 12-13-2012, 08:40 PM