the Rift

Exploring the truth (Apollo)

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

Apollo

How can you say that your truth is better than ours?

Since he was new to Helovia, Apollo didn’t have much time to look around and explore the land that he was now supposed to call home. Phaedra had taken him directly from the Threshold to the Deep Forest, where he met Ktulu, but other than that the stallion was on his own when it came to exploring the unknown. That was why he found himself here, in the Spectral Marsh, where the Unicorn really didn’t want to be. It was terrifying, with sounds creeping around every corner and the smells of rotting trees and undergrowth making him snort over and over, simply trying to rid himself of such a smell.

Despite the instinct to tell himself to turn around, to go back to the Deep Forest or somewhere more suitable, the Overo kept going, placing one hoof in front of the other as he delicately moved forward through the marsh. It definitely wasn’t his favorite place so far… Even less so than the dark, crowded forest.

Suddenly, from up ahead, a loud screech pierced the air and Apollo’s head snapped to attention, nostrils flaring and honey-brown eyes wide. His tail flicked to and fro, posture stiff, and he waited for whatever beast that made the noise to try and attack him. When nothing came, however, the stallion slowly relaxed, lowering his head once more. It was all so new to him… He wished that he had a guide.

Coming through a rather complicated tangle of limbs from a dead tree and cursing the damn thing for falling over in the first place, Apollo stopped cold when he spotted another. Well, two others, it seemed, as there was a strange red and gold bird feasting upon another of the avian variety. A black and white Paint Pegasus lay beneath the confines of a large tree, and the Overo immediately felt a twinge of self-loathing for not being blessed with wings. Maybe if he had them, Phaedra would like him more… Regardless, Apollo lifted his head and offered a friendly, albeit slightly fearful smile. “Hello… I hope I’m not intruding. My name’s Apollo, and I’m new here to Helovia… Why I wandered into this place, I don’t know, though.”

Messages In This Thread
Exploring the truth (Apollo) - by Midas - 12-18-2012, 09:34 PM
RE: Exploring the truth (Apollo) - by Apollo - 12-20-2012, 06:34 PM
RE: Exploring the truth (Apollo) - by Midas - 12-21-2012, 10:06 AM
RE: Exploring the truth (Apollo) - by Apollo - 12-21-2012, 11:04 AM
RE: Exploring the truth (Apollo) - by Midas - 12-22-2012, 09:16 AM
RE: Exploring the truth (Apollo) - by Apollo - 01-10-2013, 01:45 AM
RE: Exploring the truth (Apollo) - by Midas - 01-16-2013, 02:34 PM