the Rift

Exploring the truth (Apollo)

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

Midas kindly went on to explain the going-ons that seemed to happen in Helovia, explaining just why things had seemed so strange, so distant, so… Hectic. Was that the right word, Apollo wondered? Regardless, he listened intently as the painted Pegasus spoke, his tone always kind, always gentle. That alone made the overo’s smile grow. When he spoke to answer Midas, honey-brown eyes risked a furtive glance to the side.

“Thank you for the welcome, Midas… I needed it.” He chuckled softly, head bobbing at the motion and eyes brightening at the display of open kindness. Midas seemed like a genuine, kind soul, offering Apollo a place of welcome despite barely even knowing him. Individuals like this, well… They were precious, but far and few between. If the world were filled with creatures like Midas, Apollo was sure that it would be a better place. “But I must decline your invitation, Midas. My loyalties rest, well… They rest somewhere else, I’m afraid, but one day I should love to see where you call home.” It was as close to a thank you for the welcome, and an apology of declining the offer, as Apollo could think to get.

Meeting others had never been his forte. Due to his rough up-bringing, the young stallion knew little of social status and how to engage others in active, thriving conversations… However, what Midas said next caused the black and white Unicorn to start, his head lifting and horn extending high into the air.

“Do you mean… that the dead rise here?” His eyes had widened, nostrils flaring as he gave a snort of alarm. Surely not! The dead remained dead, didn’t they? That’s what he had always believed, despite his old herd-mate’s telling him otherwise as a youngster. Looking around, Apollo’s eyes took in the dreary sights of the marsh, expecting skeletal or ghostly beasts to jump out at them in a moment’s notice. Unwillingly, he shuddered, trying to rid the thoughts from his childish imagination.

And to think! He was a part of the Grey, the group of prestigious Mercenaries who were known for their work… At least, to those that knew of them. He needed to toughen up. Heaving in a breath to try and the heart racing in his breath, the stallion thought for a moment before nodding his head. Despite the fear that he felt with the possibility of running across an un-dead beast, the curiosity nagged at him. “I’m not seeing anything, um… Dead. Or alive, either, come to think of it. Besides you, Fina, and myself, anyway.” Apollo paused, head tilting slightly in genuine interest. “But… If, perchance, the rumors are true, shouldn’t we look deeper into the marsh? What if someone gets hurt, because we don’t find the truth of it all?”

[OOC: Angel… I offer you a thousand apologies for leaving this thread alone for so long… XD I love Midas, he’s so sweet, and I hope we can continue this. :3]

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

Messages In This Thread
Exploring the truth (Apollo) - by Midas - 12-18-2012, 09:34 PM
RE: Exploring the truth (Apollo) - by Apollo - 12-20-2012, 06:34 PM
RE: Exploring the truth (Apollo) - by Midas - 12-21-2012, 10:06 AM
RE: Exploring the truth (Apollo) - by Apollo - 12-21-2012, 11:04 AM
RE: Exploring the truth (Apollo) - by Midas - 12-22-2012, 09:16 AM
RE: Exploring the truth (Apollo) - by Apollo - 01-10-2013, 01:45 AM
RE: Exploring the truth (Apollo) - by Midas - 01-16-2013, 02:34 PM