the Rift

Only the Beginning [EDIT: Aitheria, Lynx, Yiska, etc.]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute
one cannot stop the wind from blowing, nor refuse the falling rain.

I had won the fight against Svetlana, who fought in the place of Leander, the golden stallion hiding behind a girl like a coward. It was of no consequence now, as I had long since spoken my peace against the stallion. Now, however, as his sinuous words slithered through the Throat, I began to feel rage boil in my blood once more. Leander had left without so much as a challenge against me, folding like a beaten cur under my venomous gaze and leaving. Worse yet, Svetlana had arisen the loser of the gamble she had taken against me, yet here they stood on the soil I still held court over, slandering my name.

Had I not fought valiantly to keep their idiocy from my family here? Was the limp in my leg and the chill in my muscles not enough to prove that I was more than a hotheaded bitch with a fast mouth? I swallowed heavily, quelling the anger and locking it in my chest. Now was not the time to use violence and rage to prove my point. Now was the time to speak clearly, and prove that I was not the tyrannous monster that Leander would paint me as.

My wings tilt downward, and I glide easily to where the golden bird stood, his white beauty standing with a few fresh marks on her hide. Much to my surprise, Azzuen has beat me to their little gathering, and I fall in beside him, catching the tail end of his words. I stand underneath the hovering General, folding my wings and looking out toward the mare and the stallion I had once offered the title of Sultan. "That's enough, Azzuen," I say, my voice cold and emotionless, surprisingly so. My face looks tired and more importantly bored. I did not want to quarrel with them, did not want to fight any longer.

"I admit freely that I have a temper; any of my acquaintances will vouch for you, Leander," looking toward the golden stallion with white rimmed eyes. "However, I treat my herd members as higher than myself. My title is nothing but a promise of my life to protect them, which is what I have done and will continue to do." My words are strong, holding their own without the sea of anger which I kept in my belly. The hot venom I would normally spill had no place. I needed a cool head to see me through this. "I would protect them from those who have no respect for my rules, which are in place to ensure our herd is safe. I would protect them from turncoats who try to tear my family apart. I would protect them from those who lend their strength recklessly, leaving none for our home."

"I would protect them from the likes of you," I say, perhaps a bit brashly, before turning my eyes toward Svetlana.

"Your bravery is admirable, Svetlana. I would have forgiven your rash challenge, allowed you a home here," my words are open and honest, clear as glass. There was no need to hide my intent. "I cannot forgive you for trying to tear a rift in my home here." I grew weary, tired of speaking of matters that should not occur. This should not be happening. I had done nothing to deserve this knife placed between my shoulders, pushed in with more insult.

"It is fine to have qualms with me, but do not seek to stir more trouble here. Leave my family at peace."
""

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only the Beginning [Aitheria, Lynx, Yiska, Open] - by Svetlana - 12-22-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: Only the Beginning [Aitheria, Lynx, Yiska, Open] - by Kri - 12-22-2012, 08:24 PM