the Rift

Summons [Qian Meeting]

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit

More came, many more in fact. The brothers watched them all with their demonic, orange gazes. But there was no threat behind those eyes tonight, rather a sense of protectiveness – they were guardians, protectors, and while their skills were usually honed into protecting their family, by Mirage’s request their family had just been extended to this entire group.

The arrival of the dragon stallion, however, gave them pause.

Attention was fixated on him, as he so casually walked nearer and nearer to their sister, his giant form dwarfing hers and everyone else’s, his snuffles and sly grin causing both brothers to grind their teeth in silent annoyance. Madyrn was shivering on the spot, and not from cold – anything less than scorching heat hadn’t been felt for many weeks now – he was struggling to maintain his still position.

It was Rishima’s arrival that cooled their tempers, not to mention the sharp glance Mirage threw their way like a finely aimed dagger. Ears crept back and hid beneath their thick manes, and Madyrn flinched and made to bite his moonlit sister back in return for her sharp greeting. Hooves stamped on the ground impatiently, but it was enough to dispel the tension that had coiled up within them.

Ears crept forward once more as others arrived, including more members from their herdland, they nodded their rogue crowns in recognition of Aaron and his mother, Solstice, as well as Smoke and Gossamer. Their shadowy sister then stole the stage, and with mild awe they listened to her weave her words before them, and felt a stirring of pride rise in their breasts.

Then she appointed Vikram her WingLeader.

The brothers were, in a word, unimpressed. Harsh snorts exited both their noses, and a steely glare was cast to the dragon-stallion. We are not done here. The brothers looked to each other then, an imperceptible nod of understanding given between them. In an act of synchrony, their blazed facades then bowed to their WeyrLeader and WingLeader – they would address the matter of him touching their sister later – and their deep, gravelly voices resounded simultaneously against the silence that had fallen.

“We too will follow you.”

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

Kiara
Red Roan Blanket Appalossa | 2 Years Old | Equine | Appaloosa x Quarter Horse

As more arrived Kiara became more nervous. So many gathered all in one place.... Much like when the stallions force claimed the mares in her old home. She started to shy away, to move back and slip away just as Mirage's eyes caught her own. The look in the older fem's eyes called her forward. Slowly, nervously she edged around the group eyes watching for any who would try to come to close but mainly stallions. Emerald green eyes focused on the black mare who had helped her whe nshe arrived. Kiara moved to stand to the side.. Off a good ways but close to Mirage... The three stallions that were closer kept her back. She nervously yet softly whinnied to Mirage.

However when Mirage began to speak the young fem listened. The one word that stuck one in her mind... Protected.... Those here would, protect her? Softly, most likely Mirage would barely be able to hear her she spoke right after the colt "I.. I want to join to" She quickly hushed for fear that she would draw to much attention from the stallions. It wasn't like Kiara wasn't pretty..... Just abused and shy of all males.... Wordlessly when Mirage spoke of going to the God of the Earth and Goddess of the Moon, she stepped behind her as if to say I'm going with you to

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
The agitation of the dark stallions was not lost upon the hybrid, oh no. They were much like Rishima, he already knew. Fiercely protective, and outraged that he dared touch Mirage. He held a straight face though, so not to feed their emotions further. But he was amused, knowing that their absence from Mirage's company had left them in the dark on the fact of this. That their little sister had grown up, and let someone near. Vikram had every intent of making it perfectly clear that it had been her choice during the inevitable meeting that was sure to come now.

Then he averted his attention to the others that gathered. Most he didn't know, some he did. Torasin was greeted with a friendly grin, the brown Kiba with a soft and friendly rumble. The inspection he received was patiently withstood, though he chuckled as he watched the little dragon wander back and forth over his back and inspect every inch until curiousity was satisfied. There was a quirkily delighted moment as he glimpsed Noise, and he reached over to nip lightly at the cyborg's shoulder in wordless greeting. Only appropriate for one he'd met in battle and considered a friend.

There were others, who lingered on the outskirts and were obviously devoted to Mirage, and some who seemed to be possessing the same authority the dark mare carried. Friends and allies. He studied the others as Mirage spoke, easily placing the appropriate titles on the herd leaders by that stance they held and the hues of their coats. The rest he took note of as they were labelled, and wondered at the few who were not.

And then he heard his cue, the term WingLeader spoken, and he moved to stand beside Mirage, returning her smile with one of his own. This would be the first most of them would know of the fact that their relationship had deepened beyond friendship... and he suspected that Rishima might join her brothers in interrogating him at a later time. Sometime when more dire matters were waiting to be dealt with.

"Always." He murmured to Mirage as she asked for company on her climb to see the Gods. As they would not have to see the Sun God, he hadn't a problem with returning there.

Daenerys Posts: 41
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 hh :: 5
Cami

DAENERYS
All I loved, I loved alone.

Daenerys was surprised to see someone that she had met before in the gathering, but nonetheless she soon spotted the golden and ivory femme that had greeted her and Viserys in the Threshold. She was glad to see the fae was alright, for Viserys had been rather nasty to her, as was his way with any living creature. So at least he hadn’t gotten to her. Just as she was feeling the gloom returning, she spotted the foal that was striding alongside his painted dam, a strong colt he was, and Daenerys felt her hormones roaring. If she was lucky, she would have a son who would become just as strong and healthy as this one. Next a young filly arrived, a frightened look in her eyes and wary in her movements as she glanced at the gathered stallions. Daenerys wondered what had happened to her; she wanted to protect her, and she knew that Mirage would too. With The Qian, she would be safe; it could be her salvation as it had been Dany’s.

Then a grulla mare, companioned by a dragon, antered the gathering quietly, settling next to the aforementioned gold and ivory femme and colt. She had an air of authority around her, something in her presence spoke of power and Daenerys figured she might be a leader in one of the herdlands. She was not yet aware of the different lands within the realm, but she thought she could smell the Foothill’s on her, so she settled for that. Another joins them, also with a dragon, but a pale mare this time. She seems familiar with the others, another from the Foothill’s, and also one of rank. Daenerys smiles softly at them and nods in respect; she doesn’t not miss being in their stead, but she respects them for their choice to lead.

At this point, Mirage begins to speak, and Dany listens with her ears perked forward. Most of it is titles and formalities, but she listens eagerly, but at Mirage’s resquest, she hesitates. At first, she wants to volunteer on the spot, but then remembers the life growing in her womb. Would she risk the life of her unborn child on an exhausting, potentially dangerous mission? The pale femme holds back her answer, watching and listening as others volunteer, and she feels the pressure lessen. Most of the creatures, large and small, swear to follow their jet-black mistress on her climb, so Dany does not speak up. She sends an apologetic glance in Mirage’s direction, hoping for understanding. Would that I could, my dear sister. At any other time, she would’ve followed, but she had the responsibility of such a delicate life, she could not bear to lose it in its fragile beginnings.

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali

The moon looks upon many night flowers;
The night flowers see but one moon

I don't know what it is about me that draws so much attention from everyone else. Sometimes I wonder if they've ever seen a foal before. Nevertheless, the ones who spoke to me seemed to know who I was even though I was clueless as to who they were. I shifted uncomfortably as a mare that matched my own coloring approached and began to talk to me. I looked up at her, one of my ears tilting toward her. She even knew my name. How she did I wasn't sure of. Maybe Mirage had spoken of me. The idea of it made me feel special.

I looked over at the two stallions she mentioned and watched them. They were so much bigger than I was and, seemingly, everyone else that had gathered. It was safe to say that I was intimidated by them, but this new mare said that they liked to be cuddled. How could someone so grumpy looking like to be cuddled? Maybe she was telling the truth. Maybe they looked grumpy because they hadn't been cuddled in a while.

I cast a hesitant glance at Mirage, who seemed to be smiling, then stepped toward the stallions. Tallis followed close behind me. As I squeezed my way between the two stallions he climbed onto my back, making sounds that weren't like the chirps and trills he usually made. It was something I eventually chalked up to a warning.

Once I made myself comfortable between the two stallions Tallis moved off of my back and onto the back of one of them. I think it was Madyrn. Whichever one it was had orange socks on his back legs. I nuzzled each of them in turn then looked up and smiled shyly at them. "Hi... I'm Aylin." I lapsed into silence as Mirage began to speak, finally telling us what the gathering was about. She named the dragon stallion as her WingLeader and asked who else would be following her. "I will." I say even though it should have gone without saying.