the Rift

Summons [Qian Meeting]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
It did not take long, for the mare to allow the sounds of the Forest to engulf her, for the darkness to crowd around her, for the whispers and mutterings of the undergrowth to hum their sweet nothings in her ears. Golden eyes drooped behind lazy eyelids as she seemed to lean into her surrounds, embracing the effects of nature around her. Footsteps could be heard, or rather, felt, and the maiden smiled, opening her eyes to watch as those with gazes like a predator’s crept in from the outskirts, brushing their whiskery muzzles along her sleek hide like she were their possession. A warm greeting rumbled in her throat to her brothers, Akaith joining in with her somewhat reptilian addition to the vocals, before their dark forms melded with the shadows again. Soon after, wingbeats could be heard, and the mare knew they were not the wingbeats of her lover, of Vikram, for even though she had selected a spot that allowed a gap in the canopy, it would take far larger a gap to accommodate his wingspan. No, these wingbeats belonged to her friends of the Throat, and her small smile and respectful nod to Kri and the extra welcomed their presence. Though she knew not who the youth was, she could pick the similarities, and wagered that this was Onni, the chocolate mare’s daughter. “Hello,” she spoke in response to the femme, not wanting to appear unwelcoming or ungrateful for their arrivals.

The next scent to tickle her nostrils triggered an immediate reaction within her, that of warmth rising from somewhere deep down, a pleasant sensation of being swept away, almost unbearable and yet annoyingly addictive. Heavy footfalls announced his arrival, the looming beast that was her mate, her golden eyes picked his with ease from the shadows and locked onto him. He came close, and she loved it, relished it, soaked it up like a sponge absorbing honey. The devious mare knew exactly what he was up to, but she encouraged it, leaning into him, never wanting to push him away, only ever yearning for his nearness forevermore. The queen upon her withers bumped muzzles with him affectionately, the strange vibrating hum that one can only describe as a draconic purr reverberating within her breast at Vikram’s presence. The dark mare threw a quick glance at her brothers, stilling whatever brash actions they had in mind upon spying the couple’s open display – let it be known who her chosen was, she would not shirk away from such a thing any day. A sultry smile followed Vikram as he moved his bulky hide to the side, and the shadowy mare nodded in understanding of his choice of place – she would indeed be inviting him closer later on.

A small one arrived next, with a dragon Mirage had come to understand was Tallis, Evangeline’s true bonded. He was a diligent off-coloured red, always keeping guard upon the little filly, and the mare felt at ease knowing that he was supervising the happenings. Aylin was precious to Mirage, she loved the filly as closely as one would love their kid sister, perhaps even as a daughter. Akaith returned Tallis’ trill with her own queenly harmony, welcoming them, as Mirage bowed her tiara to gently comfort the moonlit flicka, whickering quietly, and warmly to her all the while. “You’ve nothing to fear here, little one.” Accented melodies hummed soothingly from her maw, uttering deep into the concave flutes that sat atop Aylin’s pretty tiara. A mental tug from Akaith announced the approach of Torasin, his magnificent hide clear even in the dusky light, the healthy young brown with him receiving a welcome from the gold with an amused twinge as he met Vikram for the first time. He is a fine bronze, Akaith once again hummed within Mirage’s membrane, and Mirage wasn’t sure whether the message was sent only to her, or to Kiba and Vikram also. Being draconic in nature, and so closely bonded to Mirage and Akaith now, it wasn’t an outlandish idea that he might pick up snippets of their silent conversations.

Her attention turned away from her friends as yet another arrived, this one far more devious and alike herself than all the others, including her brothers. Though not bonded by blood, they were sisters on a deeper level, one of magic and moonlight. The mare smirked at Rishima as she suggested Aylin snuggle up with their brothers – certainly the steeds would welcome the filly’s presence with all the love a big brother could provide. The shadowy mare did not flinch as Rishima’s bite seemingly randomly pinched the skin about her flank, instead she happily accepted the taunts and cheers – she was not ashamed of her love for Vikram, nor her open displays of affections – at least, not in the crowd of trusted friends and followers. A flash of crème amidst the timbers alerted the mare to one of her newest acquaintances, a charming Pegasus whom she had taken a great liking to almost immediately. Her own deep voice huskily nickered in reply to Couth, her tiara giving a graceful nod and her muzzle welcomed the gentle contact. Akaith had crept up Mirage’s nape, and chirruped happily at Couth, approving both her method of greeting and the simple fact that she came this evening. The happiness was almost overwhelming for Mirage, and she knew not whether it was originating from the equine soul or the dragon. It was probably safe to assume both.

The next pale figurine to emerge caused a stir of concern to swell up, and the mare felt horrid for not addressing it sooner – she would have to speak to Daenerys soon, to find out exactly what happened on that one night. Her brothers had enlightened her as to their own ideas, and they had been keeping an eye upon the slimy brother, Viserys, while he was within the Foothills at least. It was not obvious, the little mare’s discomfort, merely a twitch of sadness every now and then that disrupted her otherwise charming parade, but Mirage knew well enough of the different masks anyone was capable of wearing; her own was an unreadable, stony façade of indifference – though she did not wear it tonight. Brushing her muzzle against Daen, she welcomed the speech and greetings, nickering softly in encouragement of the words.

Those next to arrive surprised Mirage, but she recognised the mare from the Threshold, and was able to pick that it was her son who strode beside her. The scent of them was of the Foothills, and with a glance to her brothers, she wondered if this was the young colt they had mentioned had potential to do great things, if steered in the right direction. They were happily providing that steering, it would seem. The little shadow mare nodded to them, and greeted them with a hushed whinny, at least communicating that they were welcome here, either as allies or members, if they chose. It was Akaith who alerted her to the next being, the youthful Kiara, whom Mirage had helped not so long ago. She was a beaten, battered femme, and the mare could understand her want to stay back from the crowd, especially one that contained just as many stallions as mares. Golden eyes sought her form out, and upon thinking she had focussed on Kiara, she smiled, and tried to beckon the belle to come stand closer to her, though she understood if the roan appaloosa chose not to.

Smoke then entered, and made herself comfortable with the Foothills residents, and Mirage looked to this mare with the respect she deserved, nodding her tiara and once again wishing for a time to speak alone with the dappled maiden, for she seemed as fascinating a creature as Mirage herself was. But another time, another day. Zaffre was greeted by Akaith enthusiastically, the gold was getting quite pleased with herself and her ability to draw more and more of a crowd in. Mirage could only smile in quiet amusement, as yet another dragon emerged from the Forest, one Mirage recognised as the bonded of Gossamer, Lazulli. Akaith once again trills an eager tune in greeting, and Mirage inclines her chiselled façade to the Leader of the Foothills. Strange lights then caught her attention, but only for a moment, as the behemoth Noise emerged from the forest. He was a strange one, but it seemed Mirage enjoyed collecting the strange, and he was good – when he was coherent, at least. The wraith of a mare who stood back amidst the shadows of the forest did catch her eye, and Mirage was glad to know that Anthym was present also.

It seemed then, that the time had come to speak, and the mare straightened her posture, flicked her mane about her nape once, and Akaith made a curious call to gather the crowd’s attention.

“You have all come to my call, and words cannot describe the gratitude and humbleness I feel from your presences.

The Qian has summoned you here today so that you can meet your fellows and allies; remember their faces and names well, for they are your family, each devoted to protecting you as you are devoted to protecting them.
You see before you representatives from the Windtossed Foothills and the Dragon's Throat, they have offered their homes as a sanctuary to us, in return we help ensure no harm comes their way. Gossamer and Smoke are each leaders of the Foothills, Kri is the Leader of the Throat, and we owe them our thanks for their generosity.

I shall introduce those present who are a part of the WeyrFolk of the Qian; my brothers, Madyrn and Maskan. Aylin, Torasin, Rishima, Couth, Daenerys, Noise and Anthym. Those who I have not named fear not; I recognise you as a trusted ally, and you are welcome to take the pledge of the Qian should you wish.”
Here the mare paused in her rhythmic words, peering at Solstice, Aaron and Kiara, not necessarily expectantly, but just a little bit curious as to their reactions. But she paused her speech only a moment before launching into it again, for there was still much to be said, you see.

“The WingLeader of the Qian shares the responsibilities that you have bestowed upon me as you WeyrLeader; I ask Vikram to rise by my side so that the weight of such an honourable responsibility can be aptly carried through.” Here the mare bowed to the side where Vikram stood, her elegant form beckoning him closer to take the crown of the group, their group. The Qian was as much a part of Mirage now as Akaith and Vikram were; she was truly devoted, they were her life. Smiling at her mate, the happy expression dampened a little, and her voice took on a different tone, as she beckoned forth more of her colourful, accented words to grace the ears of those present.

“I fear I have spoken much, but I still have more to say; the Sun God has been angered, my friends, his instability has the potential to harm us all, his wrath is clear upon the lands – myself and my brothers have felt his heated touch upon our very hides, though we were fortunate enough that our injuries heal swiftly in the waters of the Endless Blue. I will be trekking to the Vein of the Gods, and I ask for anyone to follow in my steps – I will be seeking counsel with the Goddess of the Moon, for she has been a guiding figure for me all my life. She has marked me a dragon, and labelled me her ally amongst the mortals, and as an ally I only hope she too can help us restore the balance of the gods.

Who will make the climb with me?”

[Don’t worry too much about posting order for your replies – skip over Madyrn and Maskan]

Messages In This Thread
Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Mirage - 06-30-2012, 07:19 PM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Madyrn Maskan - 06-30-2012, 07:33 PM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Kri - 06-30-2012, 08:03 PM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Vikram - 07-01-2012, 12:08 AM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Aylin - 07-01-2012, 04:39 AM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Torasin - 07-01-2012, 05:56 AM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Rishima - 07-01-2012, 12:52 PM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Couth - 07-01-2012, 03:07 PM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Daenerys - 07-02-2012, 04:14 PM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Solstice - 07-03-2012, 01:04 AM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Kiara - 07-03-2012, 03:27 PM