the Rift

Through the shine of the sun, Sohalia | Open

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

Phae listened distractedly as Sohalia laid out a very logical and objective description of what would happen depending on whether the foal was a unicorn, or a pegasus. Still, her mind continued to return to a picture of Tolio and a unicorn foal standing on the ground, and Phae disappearing into the skies. Frowning, she wondered what this meant. Was she subconsciously thinking she would leave the foal behind, to be raised by its father, if it was born without wings? Could she leave her own flesh and blood, behind? She suddenly wasn't sure...Phae had only ever loved Tolio, and even then it had only been briefly. As for Stella...Phae adored the little creature surely, but would she give her very life for her? She just didn't know.

You have options... Sohalia continued, and Phaedra wondered realistically, just how many she in fact had. She needed to speak with Tolio. Faelene... Horrified, the dark mare entered her mind, flooding Phae with anger. Just how was she supposed to deal with that bitch? "Sohalia...I need advice...Have you heard of a mare called Faelene?" She asked uncertainly. Part of her wanted to demand that Tolio force Faelene to apologize to her, and an even larger part of her wanted to flaunt the fact that she was now pregnant with Tolio's foal. But really, she needed a longer term solution, especially if a foal of hers was going to grow up in the Basin, under Faelene's dark gaze. Phae already apologized to Tolio for her actions, but didn't she deserve an apology from Faelene as well? Or was that just her pride talking?

HP: 45.5

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Am I being too distant, laying out Phae's options so cooly, so without emotion? Am I failing her, slipping so easily into a scholar's mind, creating each possibility without the slightest of worries? How could I be so callous to so easily speak of leaving her child with a stallion in the Basin, a place that I knew very little (and certainly no good!) of? Sure, Tolio might be well enough, but what of the rest of them? Would they accept a little horned creature without question, or would they want to know where - who - it came from? Certainly I can be of no use there - even if I wanted to lie for her, to claim it as my own, it would do me no good, for I am every bit as winged as she.

I imagine what it would be like to have a foal with her, to carry them together and to give birth close together. Would our children be close? Would I be able to sustain another in addition to my own? Would it be any more help, really, than what I was already capable of giving? And how much use am I, truly, when all I can do is stand around giving 'maybes' and 'perhapses'? Frustration seeps into my mind, poisoning already dark thoughts, and when Phae asks another question, I almost miss it. "Sohalia...I need advice...Have you heard of a mare called Faelene?" I think back across my time in Helovia, searching for the name. Nothing appears. "I'm afraid not," I say apologetically. "Why?"

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

Phae sighed as Soh admitted that she didn't know Faelene. This would be so much easier if she did… Faelene's reputation as being cold, proceeded her. If Soh knew, it would mean there was less for Phae to explain. "I found Tolio one day in the Steppe…he was with her" She began, her voice icy as she referred to Faelene. "I don't even know how it happened…I only came to see Tolio, I only spoke to Tolio but she…" Again her voice trailed off, as she shook her head in painful remembrance of that day. How Faelene had taken over, how Tolio had cried on her shoulder, how the dark mare had cast her away, and how Tolio had let her…"She was the reason that Tolio and I were fighting the other day before…well, before. Tolio and this mare are still very close…she was the first to welcome him in when he came to Helovia, and I know he views her as a sister. But she was so awful to me Sohalia! What am I supposed to do now? I can't make Tolio choose between us, as much as I would like to…and I know i'll never receive an apology from her. If the foals are to be anywhere near the Basin…" Again she paused, shaking her head. This was a mess. "I can't just leave it alone. Act like nothing happened. But I can't do anything about it either."

It was pride, on both their sides, Phae was sure. Faelene would have too much pride and bull-shit justifications for her actions to ever apologize to Phaedra, and Phae was still too hurt to recognize her part in all of this. Tolio had already apologized for not sticking up for her, and ultimately, it would have to be him who spoke to Faelene…but would he? Ultimately, what would be the best thing for the foal? If everyone just got along? Or if everyone dropped it? Flicking her tail, she looked at Sohalia. Sohalia, who was so good and kind and gentle - what would she do in this situation? "What should I do?"

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

"What should I do?"

Oh, how the situation gets more and more complex! I am having trouble fitting everything together in my mind - Phaedra and Levi, Phaedra and Tolio, Levi and Pluto, Tolio and Faelene... so many pairings! So many stories, so many viewpoints... Who is right and who is wrong? Does it even matter, as sworn to Phae as I am? I will admit, I am at a loss - what should Phae do? Whatever she chooses, she will not face it alone, of that I am sure. Friendship and loyalty goes deeper than words, and both are things that I feel for Phae. So what should we do then?

"If Tolio knew Faelene before you, he probably didn't know who to side with," I tell her gently. "If he cares for you, then he should not have let her attack you, he should have stood up for you, but who else does he have within the Basin? If she is his only friend there... would he risk alienating her?" I shake my head, my musing over. It is no use to try and analyze others' actions, for they seldom make sense. "First, you must find Tolio. I'll... I'll go, if you wish, and tell him that you must speak with him, alone. Perhaps then he will leave the Basin, meet you somewhere, without her. He has to know, Phae, there's no way around that.

"But he has to make a decision too, you know. You carry his foal, your foal - if he wants to see them, if he wants to be a part of its life, well... that's up to you, and you alone. If you must find another home for them, then so be it - but if he cannot defend you, if Faelene cannot approve of you, cannot accept you, well... then they have no place in the lives of a foal. Corruption and deception are poor teachers."
My voice is soft, but firm - I truly believe what I have said. If parents cannot get along, or friends of parents - well, they don't need to be around. Foals are impressionable creatures, and I will not see one corrupted by stupidity.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

But he has to make a decision

Amazing how we really do tend to hear only what we want. Out of Sohalia's carefully considered and thoughtful statement, only the words he has to make a decision truly rung in the palomino's ears. More than anything, she wanted Tolio to tell Faelene that he had picked Phaedra over her. Phae considered herself to be more beautiful than the masculine red-maned mare, but that wasn't the crux of it. Phae was naturally beautiful and knew how to use her resources to her advantage. Merely being with Tolio physically, even though he was gay, did not seem like much of a victory. Moreso, she felt that as two sisters competing for his attentions, Phae was now unarguably his priority. As childish as it was, she very much wanted to hear that message conveyed to Faelene.

Sohalia was right in other regard - she did need to find Tolio. But she would do it on her own - as comforting and reassuring as Sohalia had been, Phae was almost at her limit in terms of being coddled. She found herself more at ease in Sohalia's presence, and was starting to view her as a true friend, but already she had revealed more of herself to this mare than she was used to doing with anyone. Baby steps. "I'll go and find him...He's often on the beach...I can always send one of The Grey's unicorns' in after him, if it comes to that. No sense needlessly placing ourselves in harms way if it can be avoided" Phae muttered, turning to regard Soh solemnly. Uncomfortable for Phae as it was, she forced her sea-green gaze to meet Sohalia's, holding it as the white mare had done to Phae at the start of their conversation. "Thank you...For everything." She whispered softly, with a smile.