the Rift

A New Breeze

Brisa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The beach sounded like such an amazing place. With open water and open sky, tons of grass and even tiny fish companions. It seemed like your own little secluded place. I never had the chance to go to a beach, but they sound magnificent. "Wow." I said, awestruck. He made it seem just delightful to be there. "Hopefully I'll get a chance to go. It seems almost too good to be true." I said, smiling. He said he never actually took the leadership role, but I could see that he had it in him. Arrane had the ability to control, but he also had the ability to be able to understand the needs of his friends. "Oh, no. You weren't babbling. I love these stories. They're so fun to listen to, and it's nice to know what's out there." I said. He seemed a bit lost in thought before answering my next question. I felt bad for making him answer so many, but he didn't seem like he minded them. A small gasp escaped me as I heard his next statement. "Some attacked you? Were you badly hurt?" I asked, glancing over him as if to look for any abrasions or scars. Although be said some were less than friendly, he didn't seem as if he were angry at them, like he still had respect for the mighty creatures. I smiled again. Being able to let.go of something not worth holding on to is a good quality to have. I nodded and smiled. "You can ask me some questions, although I doubt that I'll have answers." I said with a laugh.

Whit Posts: 2
OOC Account
Filly :: Other :: 5'7" :: 28
Whit
[ EVERYONE on this thread:

Do not make OOC posts using your characters. Use the PM system.

In our rules it states that you should not change the font colour if you are not using a table, CYTHRAUL, you have done this multiple times, please edit the colours out of your posts.

That is all, thank you & enjoy your RP! ]

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
I saw her eyes widen in awe as I told her about the beach. A thought hit me barreling. What if she has never seen the beach? A river was quite beautiful to be by, and it did offer fresh water instead of salty un drinkable water, but the sea was vast, and blue, and it was too much fun. There was nothing better than the sea. I looked to the ivory last. Surely she must have heard about it before I described it to her? I looked to her when she said she hoped to go. "If you would like, we could go to the endless Blue", I told her happily. She would be delighted to be surrounded by the palm trees I have heard so much about.

Then she told me about my babbling, and I was overjoyed that she didn't think I was a talkative fool. I did have a tendency to speak a lot when it came to stories of places and things. "Well, when you fight it is very hard, and they did hurt me a lot. I guess it's because of my light pelt I get spotted so easily," I said giving a jokingly smile. Despite the fact that they roughed and bruised me, I wasn't angry at them. Those were past times, and it was quite hard for me to hold a grudge unless they hurt my family and other loved ones. I then started thinking if someone hurt Brisa. A anger settled on me just thinking about if a stronger horse took advantage. If he did, I might even have the will to kill. I was shocked at myself for thinking this way, but I gazed lovingly, but with a protective edge towards Brisa. I would never allow something to happen to her. I then thought about my siblings, and especially my lovely, naive sisters. I would die to protect them. "Well, I guess I could ask, how was your old herd life?" I curiously gazed at her.

Brisa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
It seemed to me that he finally figured out that I had never been to the beach. I've never tasted the salty air, and I've never parched on the shoreline, watching the waves tease the shore. But oh, how I've heard stories. It took a minute for me to process that the endless Blue was the sea, and I instantly felt ashamed for hesitating. "I would love to go, and accompanying you would just make it that much better." I said, grinning. I frowned and reached over to muzzle him gently. "I would guess so. They seem to have an upper hand." I mused, scanning his light pelt for any obvious scars or injuries. "Did you ever get hurt badly?" I asked. A nod in agreement showed that I was aware of how light pelts made it easier to be spotted. Although rare, the meetings I had with other Equines always resulted in me being spotted first, and then frightened by the usually darker other individual. I flicked my ears back and forth, listening to the gentle breeze as I thought. "I belonged to a small herd. It was more of a refuge for any equine. It was just me, my sire, my dam, and my older brother. If a horse came by and needed a peaceful and protected night's sleep, we gave it to them. The herd itself never got to over twenty at a time. We were peaceful and we helped anyone who needed it. Although, my sire was ruthless, fighting off anyone who tried to attack or anything of the sort. It was nice and secluded, yet it also felt claustrophobic and gripping. So while I was ready to leave, leaves didn't want to leave behind the ones I loved." I said, giving Arrane a sweet smile.

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
When she told me she would enjoy my company, my heart pounded against my chest very hard. "Would you really like to come with me?" I told her, with happiness surging through me. It would be my pleasure to lead her to see the endless blue, that every horse should see before their death. It was necessary. "I would love to take you there. You have to see it. It's fundamental", I said, slightly over exaggerating the fact of seeing the place, but every word I said, I deemed it to be true. She muzzled me gently, and I slightly lay my head over hers for a brief second. I would've loved the moment to last longer, but I didn't know if she felt comfortable with that.

When she asked me about my scars and injuries, I felt like I was thrown back in the past. I did remember the ways the horses injured me, leaving me battered, but with my high spirits I continued fighting, not ceasing to give up. The worst I suffered from the battles were gaping open wounds, but over time, they finally healed. "I guess they injured me pretty badly, but not bad enough to keep me from continuing the battle", I said smiling. Those were old times. I forgave my enemies. Then she told me about her herd, and I was pretty interested. A small refuge for equines. "Your herd sounded very nice, and quaint", I started. "It's good that your sire was protective, but I think you did the right thing to leave", I said before I could bite on my tongue. "Sorry for the remark", I said smiling and standing up, looking at the dormant Cythraul. "Would you like me to lead you to the Endless Blue?" I questioned her.

Cythraul Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Cythraul woke in that moment, the unicorn stallion starting and rising to his hooves in a fluid movement. His silky black mane cascaded down his neck, his dark eyes looking at them, shadows of intense pain dancing in the back of them. "Are the two of you all right?" He asked softly, suddenly unsure of himself.

The blood bay stallion moved a bit closer to the two and stopped, legs shaking visibly. He shut his eyes and let out a soft sound of distress, trying to keep his pain and his panic under wraps. The nightmare had come again, and he didn't know how much longer he could stand seeing her death scene over and over. He'd end up going mad, he knew he would.

The three horns spiraling from his head hadn't done anything to save her, and he blamed himself for her death more and more with each passing day. He would have gone to her grave, if not for the fact that he did not wish to have them see him lose control of himself if they followed. His dark eyes examined the two horses before him, and he found his pounding heart easing its frantic beat.

"I will leave you, friends, but may we see each other again. I'd miss you both far too much if we did not." Looking at the moon above, he let out a shuddering sigh. His gaze returned to the two of them, and he murmured just loud enough for them to hear, "I must go to her resting place this night, as I do every full moon. I must grieve her and my unborn foal." His tone was colored with sorrow and his eyes barely concealed his anguish.

"May our paths cross again, friends." He whispered, moving past the two and jumping the stream. He trotted toward the woods, pausing and looking back at them. He smiled gently, truly happy that they'd bonded while he was sleeping. The signs were quite obvious, really. His dark eyes again found the moon, and his heart squeezed painfully.