the Rift

With foes ahead, behind us dread; herd rally!

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

From the dawn of time, to the end of days
I will have to run, away
I want to feel the pain, and the bitter taste
Of the blood on my lips, again

Paladin wandered through the hills, a dark cloud over his mind. He grimaced when he finally saw the young buck who reminded him so much of his dear, old friend. The black dun, wiser with age and less of a brutal warrior shook his head at the young one. "I will not fight my family," he said clearly, a frown over his face. "Perhaps, if we had not been shackled by your diplomacy the band my daughters had formed would be turned in another direction." Paladin sighed, looking up at the summer's sky with a certain weariness. So much was unknown.

"I intended to serve you, Jackal, but I have seen that youth is no sign of innovation. You are commendable, a strong heart, and when you grow older, perhaps, I will join your side once more." He grimaced, body hanging listlessly off of a muscular frame. He shook his head. "But not today. I owed your father a debt, and I intend for it to be repaid. Should you require my services against other foes, I will lend my prowess."

He frowned sympathetically. "I know that this is not what you want to hear, but I take my leave, Chief Jackal. Please know that I tried, but my devotion to family lies too close to my heart. Friends come and go, but family is forever." With those words spoken, the Valiant shifted to leave, head hanging. Dim days lay ahead, and he would find another place to live.

ABOVE ALL ELSE, EQUALITY

Messages In This Thread
RE: With foes ahead, behind us dread; herd rally! - by Paladin - 02-21-2013, 12:15 PM
RE: With foes ahead, behind us dread; herd rally! - by Ariadnê - 02-24-2013, 11:00 PM