the Rift

formidable gifts {Destrier}

Peixos Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 Hands :: 4 Years Old
Tay

peixos & raimo

Perhaps there is no way out of the bog. I cannot seem to find a trace of land any further because the thin strip of soggy sediment simply gives way to the glassy surface of the lake, and who knows how far it drops off to - or what lies beneath it. I make one thing clear to us: I'm not going for a swim. Raimo chuckles mentally from above my head. I sense him trying to make out a flight path between the sparse trees. I tell him there is as much room to fly as there is to walk.

My body really is beginning to sting with a possibility of being stuck. My instinct screams to turn back and gallop until the plant arms stop grazing my silver coat and the mud stops grabbing at my legs and there is cold air in my lungs. My body is at a steady ooze of sweat, and I was to that point where I couldn't stay any longer.

But the steps of another behind instantly earned my attention. I halted squarely and met Raimo against the sky. His eyes darted, seeing for me the massive black equine that stared from behind. 'He's fine,' the blue whispered mentally, and folded his wings to his chest before diving down to meet his claws to my withers. I pushed my rear into the offside of the narrow path, pinning my ears and arching my neck to avoid brushing against the dense gathering of thorns. They scraped against my nose and I snorted at the misery bleeding from my surroundings. As I turned the Friesian stallion offered a formal greeting.

Truth is, I was troubled, but he wouldn't know that.

"Nope, just passing through," my voice still irritated. I was finally turned the direction I came. I felt a miniscule defeat rising in my thoughts. I was determined to pass through this land and as soon as I finished conversing with the noble stranger, I'd be on my way. Mocha eyes found his, tracing over the stallion's large picturesque build, soon locating the genuine expression he wore.

"This is a fool's place, don't you think?" I was still numb to the idea of turning back, and my words showed it.

venomxbaby | Colourize-Stock

mama told me when i was young
come sit beside me, my only son
and listen closely to what i say
and if you do this
it'll help you some sunny day

Messages In This Thread
formidable gifts {Destrier} - by Peixos - 02-22-2013, 08:27 PM
RE: formidable gifts {Destrier} - by Destrier - 02-24-2013, 05:56 AM
RE: formidable gifts {Destrier} - by Peixos - 03-24-2013, 07:48 AM
RE: formidable gifts {Destrier} - by Destrier - 04-02-2013, 07:39 PM
RE: formidable gifts {Destrier} - by Peixos - 06-06-2013, 05:00 PM