the Rift

What is my Destiny?

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

The youth spoke, her voice honest, her words offering my svelte ears with a short recap of what she had been through, what had brought her here. It was curious to me that she divulged it so swiftly, though I suppose it was only as curious as the way I offered her such information with such forthrightness. I listened with obedient patience, absorbing what I could about her, hoping to be able to tell whether or not she lied to me, whether she was trying to deceive me, fool me into granting her entrance into these lands. If she proved to be a threat, she would swiftly learn that if she threatened the security of my home, the health of my lands, if she insulted the sovereign Goddess who gave us permission to live here, she would not rest easy even after she passed on. I hoped to convey this in my silent stare, my violet eyes boring into her own, my expression somewhat guarded as I latched onto the silent pleading behind her words. She longed to join us, but for what cause, what reason?

"You have been through much." I say simply, acknowledging her words with my own soft reply. "I cannot promise you that these lands will be any easier for you." My words were honest, somewhat blunt - there was no guarantees that upon finding a home here one would be safe from harm, Helovia was a wonderful land where adventures often directed one in unexpected ways. "You long to start a new life.. What is it you see yourself doing, exactly?" I take a step forward, tilting my tiara at her, pressing my penetrating gaze upon her, as if I were using my very eyes to draw the answer from her lips. I wonder if she knew what it was I asked, if she understood that to live here one had to contribute, protect, love, and devote themselves to the land, the family, the friendships that could be forged here. I wondered if she knew just what it was she sought.

Hellena</style>
May the stars tuck you in at night,
May the Moon watch over you, always.
</style>

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
What is my Destiny? - by Nyx - 02-26-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: What is my Destiny? - by Hellena - 02-27-2013, 05:22 AM
RE: What is my Destiny? - by Nyx - 02-27-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: What is my Destiny? - by Hellena - 03-05-2013, 03:12 AM
RE: What is my Destiny? - by Ink - 03-09-2013, 10:07 PM