the Rift

You're no good, you don't cry like you should

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F A E L E N E
you don't cry like you should.

Faelene did not know what her own exceptions were exactly, but not this. How miserably she failed to think it wouldn't matter. Pathetically, she had believed he would have said one way or another. Why even talk to her if he didn't know? She was damn sure she didn't act like royalty, giving orders, demanding what she wanted. Did she give the impression she had wanted something but his choice? If she could of growled she would have, but vocals wouldn't work that way. The red maned didn't care what he saw she wasn't really looking at him. Disappointment did not cover what she felt, but she doubted she would be rid of the bitter taste it left in her mouth. Maybe, what she felt wasn't all the Frostheart's fault, but it didn't help. Nothing helped when it felt like you against the world, and soon the battle would be greater. This was exactly why she hadn't offspring.

Dark ears hidden in the threads of her red hair surprised he heard anything she said. "Right," she grumbled, feeling it made no difference. Snö wouldn't be the only one she was sure with the same regards and stallions didn't get called that even if it was true. Faelene was quite aware what having a child without a mate meant for her, and she could deal with it. What she couldn't handle was the lack of conviction the other involved had. She could have handled a "I don't want anything to do with it." or "I'll see when they get here." Something! If she had thought him a reckless boy who had caved in and was now lost she would have stayed far,far away.

Appearing as nothing but the scenery she tried to control her breath, tried to slowly pick her way back to the cave where her armor was tucked away. It didn't matter when he yelled, but Faelene's steps slurred, wondering if she should expect Irma to help him. Silver eyes searched with her ears, but she didn't think the snowy owl was out to get her either. Faelene could better understand why others had companions though They must fill some of the empty crevices in a heart, give you someone to talk too, someone who understood. The thought of anyone having to share her thoughts, and her promise not to ask the Gods for anything else made her dismiss that want. Wanting was what got her in trouble. The words she recalled were not her own, her masters had told them all that often. "Do not want, to want is to die." She could see why many would keep living in peaceful slavery just to avoid making their own decisions, taking a risk.

His choice of words caught her attention, forcing her to a halt. He couldn't see her any better, but confused she spoke. "What I want?" The question hung in the air, because he seemed to have missed that part and she didn't feel any need to repeat herself. She had beaten her head against one stone wall, and knew better. Faelene didn't want to dig deep, or play the game of hostage with his feelings, with guilt. She wanted to be done with it all, take the next step in her life, let him do the same. "I wanted...help." How lame it sounded, heavy and yet so empty, but she couldn't even reach the right words. Anything hiding was from a golden painted stallion, not a white one with spots. Did she give off something more? "My mistake," quietly she added, because now she was the Thief rather than Faelene. The dark skinned mare who was cool, with empty voids in her black mask, hanging in the background practicing her lines to be someone else who knew better to feel and trust. The silence she let grip her with the chill of the shorter days that soon be coming. She didn't want to go down the road they had been avoiding (what had passed) but, it still bothered her how out of reality it was and yet the proof of it. "I was merely in the wrong place at the wrong time, wasn't I?" She voiced faintly with a curious ring, knowing her words were a lot weaker than she wanted them to be. Closer to her original spot she still hung back, out of reach, out of sight, except a wisp of silver that came and went for her breath. That night she had added up to be the cause of unspoken pain and loneliness not a long term fix.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: You're no good, you don't cry like you should - by Faelene - 03-27-2013, 11:52 PM