the Rift

Losing My Mind [Open]

Ailith Posts: 47
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 HH :: 8
Adoptable

No matter what we breed, we are still made of greed
This is my kindom come, this is my kindom come

Had the rain only made her more aware of his proximity or had she only done as much on her own? The ground began to give beneath her weight but she was not afraid to lose her footing amongst the swells of life under her toes. She smiled lightly as she looked into the clouds debating whether or not to snatch a damp leaf from the limb above in order to bring it to the midnight colored stallion. Her thoughts began to twist and turn with emotion at seeing him hindered by the pain of war and she was uncertain for a time. The seconds seemed to tick away in silence before she was finally able to bring herself to lip at a particularly wilted leaf quite heavy beneath the weight of gathered raindrops. Pulling it away from the healthy limb took a bit of effort but she finally managed to free it with minor damage to the leaf itself. Carefully, she moved back towards the stallion, he eyes wide with question though she knew that the wound needed cleaning before infection set in.

Closer again she came, her lips quivering with anticipation and curiosity. She knew that her actions were brash and perhaps unwarranted but she was strangely compelled and so she acted. Each step that made the distance between them become smaller and smaller was slow and deliberate as if she had practiced these steps before. When she had grown near enough to inhale his scent, an odd mixture of musty forest and dried mud, she tilted the leaf onto its side so that the rainwater that had pooled on its filmy surface fell over the stallion’s shoulder wound. When the dirt was smoothed away she smiled, dropping the lead as she did. “Perhaps it had better be investigated then, hm?” Her tones were light and breathy as she gazed into eyes of mint green; his welfare was enough to push her outside of her boundaries and she had no problem doing such with the pretense of being helpful.

I hope I do not offend, but if it were to become infected I fear you would be a lot worse for wear.” With a pause she looked to the wound again, clearly trying to justify her lack of manners; she had come a long way since her youth and perhaps he was lucky enough to find that she hadn’t simply groomed the thing clean herself. However, when he propositioned her for answers once again, she decided to make herself comfortable despite her behavior. “I enjoy the rain quite a bit and I find its presence soothing. It brings life when the world is in need and I would have it daily if it were up to me.” Her eyes lit up at the idea, so nearly childish in her fantasies of better days that she hadn’t even thought to question his choice in company earlier in their visit when she had stumbled upon him conversing with the oak that eyed him from above. Perhaps it had no voice to share, but it was still happy enough to bend its branches down and around them to allow them shelter. Wasn’t that answer enough?

Tipping her chin up slightly, she too eyed the stallion as he spoke once more, announcing his place amongst the Gey. So they were kin after all… However, not the kind that would require her call him brother but more so a friend. She admired his good looks and gallant charm but beneath his poise lie something far worse than bad intentions- pain. She wasn’t sure what troubled him and perhaps thought it rude to ask and so ignored the issue altogether in hopes that she would find out soon enough. “Maybe one day you will learn to enjoy the rain as much as the rain enjoys you… You are part of the life it gives for without it, you are nothing.” Such sobering thoughts overwhelmed her and she longed for nothing more than to banish them, but instead offered him a look of pity. However, the warmth in her eyes was still present and she wanted him to find comfort there, she wanted to ease him of any pain. After all, it was not often that she shared her kindness with anyone other than herself.

You know… I am glad that we’ve met this day. I think that I have much to teach you.” A quirky smile worked its way onto her charred lips and she laughed. The sound carried into the forest around them and when it died, she merely sat and listened to the pitter patter of the rain- this was her definition of living. This was her definition of bliss.

Messages In This Thread
Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-16-2013, 05:52 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-19-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-19-2013, 01:51 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-20-2013, 02:22 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-20-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-24-2013, 09:13 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-30-2013, 01:13 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 04-08-2013, 01:35 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 04-09-2013, 11:13 PM