the Rift

Losing My Mind [Open]

Ailith Posts: 47
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 HH :: 8
Adoptable

A i l i t h
these arms of mine, they are burning, burning from wanting you
Invitations were all that were required for Ailith to move closer, not yet fully understanding why she did or how she felt about it. The rain began to pick up around them and she used its strength to draw herself closer to the stallion with alabaster wings that shone even in the dimness of the grey that surrounded them. She found it fitting that such dismal weather had graced the lands so soon after the Grey had overwhelmed the Foothills. She still wasn’t sure if she blamed them for her loss or not, but something deep inside assured her that nothing had ever really been lost. In fact, she had only gained from the experience… She had not only learned more about herself but those around her as well. There was a change inside that allowed her to see beyond the mere ideas of another but instead into the very being of them- the reality of them. She wanted to believe that this stallion was different from the rest and perhaps he was, but even so, there was still a part of her that doubted his truth.

“Is there something deep and dark that I should be aware of before I start prodding?” The casual smile that followed did little to indicate the severity of her words. She did intent to delve into her personal past, but was careful to take her time. There was much she wanted to know, much she even wanted to share… but it would all come in time. She nudged him playfully, her velveteen muzzle running over his nape as if in loving embrace. However, she did not feel shame for doing as much because she wanted to reach far beyond his limits in order to endure his boundaries. Once she was able to tap into whatever lie within, only then would she feel satisfied.

If you’re asking if I feel any regret for my decisions, then no, I do not. It is certainly not easy to surrender who I thought I was to the Grey, but I don’t suppose I ever really knew where I was supposed to be anyways. I was never so connected to Jackal and the former Foothills that I could miss anything other than the strength I find in the land itself. I call this place home… not the resident in it.” She looked hopefully to the storm clouds above as if they would offer justification behind her choices. But of course she found nothing other than the rain that fell from the eyes of heaven. She would not find comfort in the skies above and so she looked back to Murdock, praying for understanding. Perhaps once she had shared this bit of information about herself he would allow her the chance to delve into his inner workings as well.

But tell me, why did you choose to join the Grey?
image credits
table by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-16-2013, 05:52 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-19-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-19-2013, 01:51 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-20-2013, 02:22 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-20-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-24-2013, 09:13 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-30-2013, 01:13 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 04-08-2013, 01:35 AM