the Rift

Losing My Mind [Open]

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

The rain gradually picked up its pace, bouncing across the leaves in a soothing song only nature was capable of creating. Despite the fact that the poor weather made for unfavourable flight and a miserable afternoon, it had its own sort of beauty. Murdock watched the grey skies with a new sense of enlightenment, his eyes tracing down the hazy edges of the cliffs to the green fields of the Foothills. It was different from the snowy peaks he was used to as a child, but he loved it all the same.

It helped to make friends when trying to make a new place feel like home, and Murdock could satisfactorily say that he considered Ailith a friend, or at least a close acquaintance. Anyone who was patient enough to remain in his company and tolerate his antics for more than a few minutes was definitely worth recognition. He offered a lopsided grin at her words, laughing slightly as he met her violet eyes. "Deep and dark? Only bright colours and nonsense up there." He smiled teasingly, skin twitching as rain drops dripped down between the branches to splash across his haunches.

His weight shifted slightly in uncertainty as the smooth velvet of her muzzle brushed across the muscle of his neck, but in the end he bumped his nose against her shoulder playfully. His curled tail, damp and tangled, swung against his hocks as he turned toward her with a mischievous look in his eye; however, his actions were cut short when her smooth voice rose above the rain once more. Murdock dipped his head in understanding, shaking his rain-soaked forelock out of his eyes.

Her question was pondered seriously for a moment, before his lips parted in a childish grin. "I liked the name," he replied with a slight shrug of his shoulders, holding back laughter as he regarded her seriously. However, he could not wear the mask for long, and finally he gave in to the pressure. "At first, I chose the Grey because they were a small group of mercenaries. I didn't want to be part of a large herd again, as I find the inner workings of a smaller band to be much easier to comprehend and contribute to," he paused in thought, thinking back to his father's fleet.

"All my life I was brought up to fight and to protect, and so naturally that's what I would want to continue doing. Also, the Grey is a tight-knit family, and after having been separated from my mother for such a long time, I was eager to feel part of something special once more." He smiled faintly, minutely aware of how his words would sound to her. He had been little more than a child when his father had been killed, and not much older when he was forcefully captured by the enemy. Returning to his final moments at home was painful, but he shrugged the memories away in favour of a bright smile.

"talk talk talk"

Wind me up, put me down
Start me off and watch me go

Image Credit
x

Messages In This Thread
Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-16-2013, 05:52 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-19-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-19-2013, 01:51 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-20-2013, 02:22 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-20-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-24-2013, 09:13 PM