the Rift

The Keepers || Herd Meeting

Gossamer the Benevolent Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: 13
Illusion{Illu}
The Benevolent was one of the last(possibly THE last) to arrive. She'd not been very present as of late, hiding in the shadows of the trees. She supposed she was still growing in her new role. Not that she'd done much other than study the leaves thus far. Her pale hide stood upon the outskirts of the meeting.

Though she'd regained some of the shine in her hide, it long since healed from Paladin's fight, her mind couldn't help but regress. She found herself hiding more often than not as of late and knew she needed to be more active with something. But what, alas, was the question. Her golden brown eyes trailed about the meeting, seeing many she knew and several she did not. Her eyes found the forms of Solstice and Aaron, ones she considered family, despite her absence in their lives. Something she still vowed to remedy soon. Torasin, Tor, Thor, and a few others whose forms she knew only in passing were also in attendance. Her attention was briefly caught by one, curious, being who was also in attendance. His tail leaking ink, she was fairly certain she'd met him in passing before, in a time far before, but she could not be concretely positive. She watched his weight shift and then witnessed an inky dragon rise into the air before splattering into his neck. A faint chortle erupted from her throat at that little, unexpected, remark. It was certainly a robust gathering of creatures here this day.

Mirage began the meeting and spoke of many political happenings in the herdlands before stating, with great happiness, her choosing of a partner WeyrLeader and of promoting Aaron to Glazier. She let out a whoop with the others at Thor the Gentle Heart's new name but felt the most happiness at Aaron's success. She moved forward when there were no others and gave the young stallion a friendly nuzzle on his forelock, stating warmly, "Well done and well earned young stallion." Before moving to his painted mother, standing at her shoulders.

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

No the last to arrive was a red roan fem with a blanket of white upon her rear. Even upon her rear told of the pain she had become used to by now. Pale pink scar tissue marked where a unicorn's horns had cut into her flesh during the battle to take World's Edge. Now here stood the young nurse, recovering from her own beating and rape... and from the look of her belly well along into an unwanted pregnancy. She hung to the very back of the herd, not really wanting to be seen by many if at all. If she had her way she wanted to stand by Mirage, Maskan or Madryn, as those were the few she trusted at the moment in her condition. Mirage had always looked out for her and the twin brothers of shadow and fire had protected her as well. The had been among the first males for the girl to trust. With them not present and Mirage to the back this left the girl hiding as far back as possible.

Ears pricked forward as she listened to her leader's words, promoting Thor to stand at her side as a WeyrLeader and the young Aaron to a Glazier. The girl was glad to see that others of the herd were able to carry on, specially as she saw herself a liability to them all at the time. The stallion who raped her could very well come after her, but Kiara could only hope that he did not hold interest long enough to try. A swift kick in the girl's belly told of a growing child, be boy or girl.... Kiara was still tore up on the inside as to what to do with a child... she was barely not a child herself.... The roan stood without even trying to shake the rain from her pelt, ready to disappear back into the shadows of the Edge at a moments notice.

"talk talk"

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS AGAIN</style>

The Valiant stepped into the woods for the first time since he had helped Mirage and her kin take over. Paladin had spilled the blood of his half-sisters on that day, and he knew that it would take him quite a few moments to adjust to this new territory. Previously, it held bitter secrets, and he knew that his sisters were as racist as they come. The large, open spaces of the Foothills and his beautiful sunny Tides were very different from this place with it's ceiling of green and floor of soft grass. His initial thought was that he felt very confined, and he approached the meeting more uncomfortably than usual. The entire situation was different enough to cause him mild discomfort. Paladin was unused to not being the one to give grand speeches and appoint individuals here or there.

Part of him loved the lack of responsibility, but he also felt rather useless. Trying not to make a scene, the scarred stallion with wicked, crimson eyes moved to the outer edges of the semi-circle that had formed around Mirage, and he listened quietly. What surprised him the most was to see Gossamer and Aaron there. Would Gossamer be able to work with him as an equal after he tore the dying Foothills from her hooves? Would Aaron ever forgive him for the actions of his daughters? Time would tell, he supposed, but the Valiant would not remain if he were not welcome; he had no intention of causing a rift if he was the problem.

Usually bold and proud, the stallion was humbled, and he glanced between Mirage, Aaron and Gossamer. "A few among us may have transgressions against me, though I make no apologies for my actions at the time," he rumbled in a soft way. "Should my presence cause a rift or tension, I will move on, though I would appreciate the opportunity to remain. The borders need protecting, and my half-sisters have moved north. I believe the knowledge I possess of Psyche and Giselle from birth may assist you and your kind." Paladin dipped his head to Mirage in respect. "You have my body and horn at your service to protect and guard what lies within and beyond this land. Should you but ask, I will stay."

Horse

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
larfsalot.deviantart.com

How did it come to this?

To what?

Look at them, Akaith. Look at how they come, with hope in their eyes and ears open and willing to hear my voice. Look at the devotion they show, the strength and love with which they cling to one another - to us.

Not all of them.

No, not all of them, my dear. But they all have potential, and I hope to help each of them realise that. How did I get here?

On your feet.

Akaith!

The banter was silent, playful, coated with love and devotion shared between dragon and equine. The golden one flittered above the gathered, who grew in numbers with each passing moment, who all accepted the announcement of the great Thor rising in ranks, who celebrated the adjustment of Aaron's rank, who requested changes of their own. Mirage admired the keen enthusiasm her members held, and would do her best to accommodate them all. She was quite surprised, at the way the youth of the lands showed a willingness to learn, and acknowledged each of them with a kind smile and a gentle nod of her crown to show that she had heard their requests.

Ink's communications were not lost upon her, she did intend on speaking of the Throat - the request he weaved about his drawings did bring another thought to the forefront of her mind, and Kaj's offering of taking him there brings another small smile to her shadowy lips. She was pleased that they seemed already so comfortable about going to the Throat, for very soon, all of them would need to know both lands as well as their current one. The subtle hint of ivory amongst the outskirts of the meeting reminded her of Hellena's eternal presence upon the lands, and the warning that the Seer gave to her in the depths of the mists just the other night. Yes, there was much to be done.

They continued to arrive, and it was brought to attention just how many they had become, and what diversity now existed within her home. They were a collection of misfits, outcasts, former leaders who had chosen instead to respect her rule, wise, older creatures who offered their knowledge to the lands, young, proud souls willing to be shaped into something grand, all in the name of- what? The World's Edge? Mirage? The mare was forever proud of those who called her their WeyrLeader, for she would never force them to do such, but at the same time, she would never deny them the chance to. The mare with liquid gold eyes hushed the crowd with a subtle shift of her posture, Akaith gave a low warble as she flew above their heads, before landing upon her back, and then, her voice was summoned from the depths of her throat once more - she hoped she did not neglect anyone.

"All who have arrived here are welcome here." She began, hoping to instil upon those she may not have known intimately the fact that this was their home, as much as it was hers. "The time for celebration is short lived, though I am glad my decisions are so well received." It was a curious thing to wonder, what the mare would have done had the reception to her news been different - a prospect not worth pondering on for too long however, for Mirage lived in the present, not in the 'what if's of a situation.

"My kin, our time of peace, whilst blissful, will not be everlasting, even though our goal as the Qian is to always try to restore its hold. It is the way of the world to always descend into chaos, it is up to us to restore the balance that holds the world steady when such events occur."

"Several things have been brought to my attention, several threats to our balance, our peace that we hold dear."

"There is a stallion, who has named himself Tio, claiming to be in preparations to take over the Dragon's Throat. I have seen this steed with my own eyes, and while his following is not large, the fact that he has followers at all is something to be concerned about. An insult against the Dragon's Throat is an insult against us, for we are one and the same family, if under different titles - if any of you have information on his actions, do not hesitate to inform your Spectre, or your WeyrLeaders."

"There is another group who have named themselves the Assassins, led by the unicorn mare Ignita, whom my brothers have had dealings with. We do not know for sure who their target is, but they have been caught trespassing upon our lands before. If you do not recognise someone who walks in your home, call for the attention of a Protector immediately."

"As I have stated earlier, I must remind everyone that the Dragon's Throat is our sister herd, they are run by Kri the Resolute and Sumati the Sinbird, and we welcome those who call themselves Throat as readily as we welcome our own members. Because of this relationship, we have been planning to send members to become familiar with each of the lands on a regular basis - Ink and Kaj, you will be the first of these members. Represent the Edge well, learn as much as you can, and return to us once one season has passed."

"The Dragon's Throat have also given us information on the former residents of this land. The Qian invaded the World's Edge with the aid of the former Foothills and the Throat - and while the lands remain open to any who would accept the ideals of the Qian here, the former residents have found a home to the north, the Aurora Basin. Even before that, however, they accepted only unicorns into their midst. At first this was seen as nothing more than a harmless preference as to who one would associate with, but it has been brought to light that they are planning something far more sinister."

"They seek to dominate and destroy any who are not unicorn. We must be wary for the strike that will come - their exact numbers are unknown, but in my time there as prisoner, and with what we have been told since, they are too great for us to hope to make a strike against them. All we can do is prepare, fortify, and strengthen our forces. The trees of our land provide a natural border - I ask our new Glazier to learn the limits of his new magic to further reinforce a wall about our borders, similarly to that under construction in the Throat."

"We stand upon the lands of the Moon Goddess, and she has delivered to our Seer a warning. As if we do not have enough mortal dangers to plague us, we are told that times ahead will be full of trials. Those of you who were here a year ago know what I mean when I speak of the unbearable TallSun we endured - a heated season wrought with fires and scorching droughts - it was a reminder to us all of our mortality, a demand of respect brought about through fear and violence. I remind everyone here that we are not Gods, and it is they, through their benevolence, who allow us to reside here, their humble creations. I know not what the future will have in store for us, but the advice given is to know your friends intimately, know who you can trust, and who you cannot. Learn a unique fact about each of your comrades here, and as many as you can about our friends in the south, so that if you are presented with difficult circumstances, you can know when you have a true friend by your side."

"In light of the many requests by our youths to learn the ways of their senior members, I propose a new rank for those enthusiastic, willing youths - that of an Acolyte, so that they may study beneath their chosen mentors, and learn the art of the ranks they might desire in the future as soon as they want."

"We are a family here, and families forgive together, they grow together, they learn together. We have all come from different walks of life, and while it is often difficult to look past initial judgements, I wish to remind everyone that you have been accepted here for both your perfections and imperfections - I ask that you do the same for your kin."

It was a lengthy speech, broken up by pauses to allow the newest set of information to settle, before more was proffered. It was spoken with her strong, vibrant voice that seemed to reach into every corner of the land. Her accent made it known that it was the DragonHeart who spoke, her passion lending her speech wings so that it may be heard and understood by those even with a less firm grasp upon the language. Upon its finish, she bowed her head once more, looking to each of them, to her brothers and sister, to those tied to her family not by blood but by the Qian. She hoped she addressed everything fairly. She hoped that she was a suitable leader for them, her faithful followers. What would she be without them?

Nothing more or less than what you are now.

How so, my love?

You are Mirage. You have always been Mirage.

I suppose you are right, little queen.

I am not little!

[ ooc : Posting order is not strict in this thread, feel free to post out of order a response if you so desire. I will get to the rank updates as soon as I can! ]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
RISHIMA
I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon.

She stands by her sister and watches them come.

She knows some of them, and can name most of them - but not enough, and not necessarily due to firsthand interaction. Thor, the new Weyrleader, is a near mystery to her; similarly Destrier and Kaj, the stallions vying for positions of captain, are mere echoes of a figure that lack any substantial soul. Others are even more distant, complete unknowns who she watches with veiled eyes, figures in the mist that dance their lives and know less of her than she does of them. She must be a ghost to them, a wraith on the wind, a whisper of a memory tied to this earth by Mirage's eager mind and her own weighted hooves.

Frrriends, Kali reminds her in a silent purr, a gentle presence on the mare's back, cerulean eyes peering eagerly over the mare's head, curiously watching as the masses emerge. And yes, there are friends - Aaron, now Glazier, a good choice; his mother, her other - Moon above, there are more? - children gathered close. Torasin stands near her, and Kali blinks uneasily at the thought of his sweet bronze. She sees Ink, who she misses, and Tor, who she does not. In fact, seeing the mare now may be too soon. Mirage whispered to her of the mission she had set aside for the fading gypsy, and it was all the moonlit mare could do to avoid laughing in her sister's face. That won't happen. There are others, too, but they are too many to count, and still more that she doesn't know.

What is she doing here, in a herd, among the masses of souls and thoughts and ideals that mean nothing to her, pose no interest and only skim the surface of the abyss that hovers behind her eyes? Again, she looks to the little black mare, speaking now in a voice she loves. Mirage is their link, and their shackle to this place. She is what holds them together.

Sometimes the starlit sister wonders if it will tear the living illusion apart.

She interrupts only once, when the shadow speaks of a mission to the Throat, interest piqued and spirit suddenly taken by some wonton desire to contribute. "I will go, too," release her dark vocals into the mist, mainly for Mirage but loud enough to float across the expanse that separates her from the rest of the herd. She can feel the warmth of her siblings beside her, and the depth of her own lonely soul, and she knows that this is a good decision, that she has to break free from her bubble somehow.

Mirage goes on.

The moonlit mare brushes quietly against Madyrn's shoulder, brow lifted in subdued amusement at the way their sister glossed over Paladin's outburst. Really, the unicorn's call of attention to an issue so small in a group so large seems rather thoughtless to the mare. She looks to the stallion without evident irate, voice even and dark in the silence behind Mirage, but the slight flick of her tail across the boorish brother's hock is a telltale sign of bemused annoyance at the blooming drama. She knows what happened between Paladin and those of the Foothills- she was there. That doesn't mean this is the time to discuss it.

"As to your assertions, Paladin - you have been an ally to us, and I am sure I speak for the majority when I say you are welcome here. However, should any protest this decision, I am sure we can come to an understanding after the meeting concludes." A glance at Aaron, a subtle nod to Gossamer, and she searches for the figure of Smoke to show the grullo, too, that she would listen to any argument offered against the stud. But her voice holds a quiet authority, a blunt sharpness that suggests this topic fade for now. She can feel Kali shift atop her withers, pulling herself into an upright seat and ruffling her formidable wings in quiet support. For a second they are mighty, majestic, one; then the second passes, and Kali reaches back to groom around her tail, and the mare drops her play at power in favor of a retreat to the shade where she belongs.

Image Credits

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I should not so hastily have assumed an end to something that has just begun.

Xanthos arrives at my other side and I turn my head to give him a kind glance in greeting. I cannot say I know my fellow well, which I consider to be quite a pity as I think I may grow fond of him. He continues to stir my curiosity and I never did get to asking him about just why he stole Mirage and then left the Basin. I wonder, will he help me riddle out the threat they pose?

It is then that I make my request, an odd thing to ask considering all I do not know about our own herd. I have been cooped up here too long though, and for every face I recognize there is ever a new one. I must have faith that the herd can manage in my absence - I wonder when I began to think so highly of myself as being the glue that kept this cliff face from falling into the sea. I shake my head faintly, surprised with myself.

My request is one echoed suddenly by a voice well known just behind and quickly beside me. With ears pricked my head swivels, dark gaze landing upon Kaj, my lion. A broad grin quickly envelops my features, washing away whatever inner arguments were brewing with myself. I am grateful of his assistance and dip my head to acknowledge such. The path to the Throat is no short one and for every step there is the opportunity of ambush and treachery. Knowledge that Kaj, a fine warrior, would be at my side to help protect me eases what fears remained.

Of course I had intended to fly as an inky dove, with only hawks to worry about and in that case I could just turn into rain, but I am afraid to make Kaj feel less important. Warriors are well accustomed to pride and honor, such foreign things to me I often accidentally step on those belonging to others by mistake. I will try to place my hooves more carefully with Kaj, least I wound him.

Kaj's attention seems to drift over others of the herd and I let my eyes follow him, still ruminating on his volunteering. His gaze seems to sharpen upon a particular mare, though I know little of her. It makes me curious, I did not think my lion, so much more like a lamb sometimes, had the ability to dislike so heavily. I tilt my head somewhat to the side, reminding myself to query after who she is at a later date.

If only I knew Kaj's thoughts, and he my heart. I am not nearly so noble as he, or as what he thinks of me. On my best day I am weak and on all the rest I am cowardly. My loyalties have not wavered because I have no reason to seek greener pastures when these satiate my hunger, but my allegiance has always been to myself. I cannot say I would lay my life down for anyone here - it's a precious thing to me, even with how often I debase it.

Tor and Aaron, they are complex scenarios. It is hard for me to judge the loyalty of others when mine billows like the wind. I have not proven craven, but I am rather fond of being a crow as of late. Tor's particular clusterfuck remains unknown to me and Aaron's I have already sat in on - though perhaps he had left the Edge on good terms, he still left, only returned because his new home was ripped from beneath him and so many more. It does make me wonder some over his dependability, but I try not to think about the issue too deeply. After all, could so many of us claim to resist our desires? We can feign boldness when we all stand here together or in the light of the camp fires, but on our own, in the dark, it is easy to stumble and shy.

Kaj's touch makes my flesh crawl and yanks my focus from theoretical events to the one at hoof. I do not balk from his affectionate gesture, but neither do I embrace it. It is often difficult for us to love the unknown at first and touch is just that to me. Still, I offer him a warm breath of air as I exhale, though my muscles run stiff beneath my coat.

Mirage begins to speak again and I find myself distracted from the awkwardness of physical contact.

I smile a sly smile to myself, dipping my head somewhat as I am humbled by the DragonHeart. In my line of work I often presume things in order to piece together what bits I do know, but I should know better than to play such games with Mirage. She is far wiser than I, and much more capable in her position than I will ever be.
I remember what it is to bow my head.

Rishima interrupts somewhere within, startling me with her wish to join my quickly growing fellowship to the Throat. I am elated however, she being one of my first, true friends, yet one of the few I do not often have the pleasure to spend time with. I grin boyishly.

Somewhere else among Mirage's words Paladin's voice rises, earning him my eyes. I know not of him, though I remember glancing his form when I was watching the Foothills invasion. I cannot fathom what he's referring to and wonder why he would make a spectacle out of it, but perhaps being the shy spectre that I am I do not well understand what it is to approach conflict. Is this bravery I wonder, to face your foes openly?
Rishima quiets the stir gracefully and the conversation flows ever on.

Nothing Mirage says is new to me, but I listen all the same (interruptions aside), nothing except for the last. I am intrigued by the Seer's advice. As I think of her I instinctively look for her in the crowd.
We must know each other deeply - this is already part of my job description and I know first hoof it's easier said than done, particularly when new arrivals continue to fail to provide their names. It only deepens my regret in choosing to go to the Throat, but one glance at Kaj and I know I cannot back out now, he is with me and I with him. What's more Rishima is to come along and Mirage has spoken for us. Whatever threat looms over the Edge, whether I'm here or not will make little difference.

I only hope the Throat holds as many answers as I'm expecting. In the very least I will have good company.

I N K

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

A part of me was greatly saddened to find that Romani and Jasiri had not come to take part of the meeting. I supposed that it was alright, for maybe they had ventured beyond the borders, or were simply off enjoying the warmth of the day. Already I could tell that this gathering was of grave importance, and I would make it a point to pass it all off to Romani upon joining her once more. Every word spoken by the Weyrleader was crucial to life as a herd.

Mirage spoke of many threats pointed at the Edge; a stallion named Tio, who may not be interested in the Edge directly, but in the home of their greatest ally. I had yet to travel to the desert land, for I had never found any purpose to do so, and was much too busy worrying about little Jasiri's welfare than to plan a vacation. Romani was also a constant worry on my mind, for I knew that she was still torn to pieces about the fate of the Foothills, and I wanted to be there to comfort her as often as I could while staying on top of my duties as a Wraith. If only Azel and Kasai were older, then I wouldn't have to worry quite so much.

Another group, the Assassins as they were called, were spoken of. My heart skipped a beat. It was a startling realization to think that intruders had managed to step foot upon our land, but my worries were put to rest when the Dragonheart assured that they had been taken care of for now. Surely the Protectors would be on high alert now, increasing their patrols tenfold. As a new parent, I could only hope so.

To my delight, my Spectre, Ink, and a fellow by the name of Kaj were chosen to go to the Dragon's Throat and learn more of the land and it's people. I knew very little of the champagne Protector, if anything at all, but he seemed willing and that was good enough for me. The World's Edge had no business to offer it's land to those who were not worthy to their cause, nor to those that were untrustworthy. I trusted my Weyrleader with my life, for she had saved it once before, back when I was a pitiful slave to the Basin. At least, that's what it had felt like.

Much to my surprise, Mirage's words seemed to feed off of my thoughts, or perhaps it was vice-versa. My head perked up at the mention of the snowy wasteland, but my black tipped ears dipped backwards and stroked briefly against the top of my poll. My feelings towards those residing in the Basin were ill, even more so when it came to those that considered themselves a part of the group called the Plague. Their leader was the cruelest of them all, and she wanted nothing more than to watch equines and Pegasus alike succumb at the feet of those like myself. I knew exactly why the Basin, also known as the Ex-Edge, had been exclusive to unicorns. I'd not spoken of it before in fear that it might bring harm upon those I loved, but now, I was confident in my new home as well as myself, and I could not shoulder this heavy burden any longer.

"It is the Plague you speak of, my lady," I dared to say, only when I found that the others had grown quiet and I was not in danger of cutting my dear leader off. "During my time in the Basin, I attended one of their meetings. Granted I know little of them, and it has been some time since I was a part of them..." For a moment I paused, expecting a barrage of disgusted looks; I had been a member of the Plague, although not a completely willing one. The reasoning behind joining had been so I could help them regain their home, the one in which I stood at this very moment, but not to reign supreme over the other races. "I would not tread near the Basin or even the Steppe, for that matter, unless you must. Their numbers grew vast since their land was given to them by the God of the Spark, and I can only imagine what it is like now. Bear in mind, though, that not all of them are ostracizing supremacists."

It was then that I finally released a heavy breath, one that I had not been fully aware of holding. Strange enough, it was delightful to finally get that off of my shoulders. Maybe I should have explained the Basin and the unicorns living there long ago, but I could not change the past. Hopefully, saying this all now could help my newfound family.

[Omg Dingo made a first-person post >____> Just trying it out for the first time. Don't know if it fits Xan.]

If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Words of congratulations filtered from many members of the herd, but a few voices stuck out above them all. His mother voice was heard above them all, followed by the joy filled whinnies of his two newest sisters Sakura and Takara. Next was their father Torasin, a long time family friend and as it now seemed almost lover to his mother. Aaron was not sure how to feel about this, but was glad his mother seemed happier at least. Gossamer too, arrived later and congratulated him as she nuzzled his forelock fondly. Aaron beamed with pride at the position his had earned. Finally the three year old knew what place he belonged in, even if he could switch to protecting at a moments notice.

It was only then that Paladin arrived. So he was not going to stay with his backstabbing daughters in the Foothills? That was truly a surprise to the painted draft. The former leader spoke of those that may hold transgressions against him... Well it was true many among the herd could, himself included. He had taken the Foothills from Gossamer only to hand them to a group of three, two of which the herd Barely knew... Thing had not improved for the Foothills since. Now his daughters group the Grey had taken over kicking out all who did not agree with their ways. He took note of the obvious glances the older stallion threw both himself and Gossamer. The only thing Aaron held against the former leader was allowing a trio so weak to rule and therefore leading to the Foothills downfall. However he had no issue with him being in the Edge as long as he did not go after Mirage or Thor positions. Should that happen he would have a problem with him. Rhisima arrived and spoke before Aaron could speak up. She seemed to almost shush Paladin about the possible issue and Aaron did not feel like now was the time or place to bring up such things.

Mirage spoke again, telling of new threats to not only the Dragon's Throat who were the longest standing ally of the Qian, but of a possible threat to themselves. Two more outcast bands, two more chances they or their allies could lose their homes. She also asked him to begin plans to build a wall much like that of what the Dragon's Throat had in mind. He merely smiled and nodded at first, as she went of to say both Ink and Kaj would be among the first to travel and learn about the layout of Dragon's Throat. Rhisima also seemed to want to go with them, and Aaron had the want to go as well... If the Dragon's Throat crafter was building a wall, perhaps he could learn from him or her to better build a wall for his own herd. It was at this thought he raised his own voice once others had quieted. "I to would like to travel to the Dragon's Throat once the first group returns, so I can learn more about building a wall to protect us. Also to maybe help the Crafter there build their wall faster and stronger since they have an threat to their home already, perhaps in exchange for help with our wall as well."

He left it at that for Mirage to either agree or disagree with, whichever she many choose he would respect. However the young paint felt it was best to help their ally protect themselves first in order to better protect themselves later. Everything he did was for the good of this herd, of the Qian, his family. There was not a one.. Well almost not a one he would not die for that stood here now. Ok maybe he would even die protecting Paladin too... Maybe. His ears swivel around to catch the voice of one of the newest wraiths. This was the same stallion that not to long ago held Mirage as his captive only to later release her. He turns to face the unicorn, listening intently. The Plague? So this was what the racist bastards who had held his mother for so long were up to... They would take the Edge back over his dead and rotting body. This was their home and he was going to do everything in his power to stop it.

"something to say"

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
I am curious to see just how many members of the Edge have accumulated since the last time a meeting was called and I am not wrong to assume that it has been many. In fact, I am surprised to find our numbers so increased that even I am a bit baffled by the onslaught of new faces. However, there is something that I see in each of them that is very much the same… It is a devotion that I am envious of, though painstakingly proud of. Each of them looks upon the Dragonheart with a respect that even I feel for her. She has come to deserve her title because she has served the Quian well. I turn to gaze at her with the same admiration that I see within the eyes of our onlookers. Would they ever feel the same veneration for me or would I simply rise and fall a mere bystander to their walls…? I fear for so much and feel for so much that I am helpless to ignore the awe that washes over me in her shadow. I want to serve them well; I want to make the Edge proud to call me their WeyrLeader. I just needed to find a way to do such when we stood upon the Threshold of yet another war. Only this time, it would appear that it’s a bit closer to home…

Looking back out into the masses, I recognize many recruits that I have welcomed to the Edge myself. Crven, Sulwyn, Dúchanar, and even Bernadette are all in attendance and their support is so valued that I cannot help the pitiful smile that parts the tenseness between my lips. I feel so proud looking upon them that I am more than grateful that I took the time to visit the Threshold as many times as I did. They were becoming a part of my family and proving their worth far beyond what I had ever expected. When Sulwyn took the chance to speak up above the crowd however, I was more than compelled to hear her request. Her gentle voice above the dull roar was enough to make me turn my head and nod slowly. She wanted to become a Wraith and I would never dream of stopping her in the face of her desires. Whatever she needed, she would have, and I could safely say that I thought just as much for the rest of the herd. I wanted to be able to give them whatever they asked of me and more. After all, how could I deny them the favors when they had allowed me their trust? “Sulwyn, I believe that you would make an exceptional Wraith. I’m sure that Ink or Xanthos would be more than willing to accommodate your questions should you ever have any. I am also here if you feel you need my help. I do wish you the best in your endeavors.

A gentle smile followed my spiel and I dipped my head low to the mare in hopes of finding her satisfaction granted. However, she was only the first of many to voice their concerns and requests. I wanted to see to it that every one of them were answered, at least if I could help it. However, before I could find my attentions motioned for anyone else, I noticed the beautiful face of Tamira pushing through the crowd. I looked desperately for Essetia at her side and when I was unable to find her, I could feel my heart drop to my stomach. I wasn’t sure where she had gotten to until I heard those high pitched screams above the murmur of curious conversation. I knew that she would be at my side soon and when she finally was, I was quick to reprimand her for her saucy display. She chuckled at my scorn and then finally settled by my side until her patient mother had reached me as well. Tamira’s soft touch was all that I needed to feel at ease under the pressure of what lie ahead and I longed to keep her by my side and when she seemed to sigh into me, noting her place by my side, I felt as if I were suddenly floating. She whispered into my ear in congratulation and the sensation made my heart warm. “Thank you my love. You have done so much to encourage this day and there is nothing that I can do to repay you for such a favor.

With my mate and my daughter at my side, I take another glance back into the sea of faces, hoping to regain the courage I once had upon fighting for the title of Captain. I had made it here on my own merit and over time, I would prove myself in spite of my name. I was gentle, but that did not mean that I could not deal with the hardships that came with ruling the Edge. I had my own family and Mirage to guide me and I planned to use their strength to encourage my own. I would not back down in the face of the future and I would not let this herd down. However, just when I thought that my self-motivation had stolen my attention entirely, I noticed that everyone had fallen quiet around me. What I found was an avid Ink, marking the grasses with his words. It was an incredible thing to witness as he colored the blades with his intent; I was completely riveted to each swipe and when he had finally finished, I watched as the small dragon that he had drawn come to life. It lifted from the ground and flew swiftly toward the stallion’s throat. I inhaled swiftly at the crude display, but his message was clear. He intended to travel to the Throat and he underlined this point by creating a mystic mare that greatly resembled the infamous Kri. I looked to Mirage in hopes that she would grant him this wish because I knew that our alliance would only be strengthened by the merging of our herds.

When I feel as though Ink has efficiently made his point, I think briefly about his motives to travel to our sister herd. I knew that no matter what he planned to do that it would be worth his while, but I could safely say that I was interested anyways.

Many others appeared before me and offered not only congratulations to my new promotion but to Aaron’s as well. I feel that he is certainly the perfect candidate to become our new Glazier and I cannot help but beam with pride at such a choice. When Torasin steps forth to offer the paint his compliments, I smile at the pair. However, he does not forget to acknowledge me as well and I am glad to have found a friend in the Moon Doctor. “Thank you Torasin, though, I feel that I must thank you as well for guiding me so long ago when I felt that I had no path upon which to travel. Your words have done much for me and allowed me to fulfill my potential. Also, I must add that I never got to congratulate you on becoming Moon Doctor- you were certainly made for the part my friend.” With that, I bowed slightly before him before glancing up to find Dúchanar in his wake. He was definitely a diamond in the rough, but I was proud to call him my brother nonetheless. His words were few, but I was sure that I could sense the meaning behind them all the same and I smiled into those eyes of icy Blue. “Thank you brother, it means a lot.

Still more came and flourished amongst the growing masses. I was nearly overwhelmed with the amount of horses I saw before me and still I felt calm. Tamira’s warmth reminded me that I had many things to move forward for and I would be dammed if I didn’t do it for her and for myself. Kaj, Gossamer, Kiara… they were all here, they were all names I knew and personalities that I had come to respect, but when a large ebony stallion with a crimson tipped blade atop his head stepped up, I couldn’t help but feel the intensity of him. He was obviously from the Foothills but I wasn’t sure why he spoke of tension behind his presence. However, I found that everyone was worth a second chance and so thusly decided that his assertions would be recognized for what they were. He posed no threat and wished to help the Edge, I couldn’t fathom a reason as to why he would be unwelcome even if whatever existed in his past was not so becoming of his future. “If Mirage has no problems with you residing with us then I would hope that you can now call the Edge your home. Welcome.

However, after feeling so optimistic about becoming lead, I hadn’t been prepared to hear what Mirage revealed next. News of the Assassins hadn’t been very new to me considering I had met one in the Threshold, but they hadn’t seemed to be much of an issue. I hadn’t found an opponent in the Buckskin stallion that had come to approach Crven about his band, but instead an ignorant fool that knew nothing of what he spoke. But, if Mirage thought them to be a threat, then I would be sure to watch out for newcomers throughout the land. I didn’t want those little sneaks rummaging through our gardens when the lights were out and therefore took it upon myself to start patrolling the borders at night when my herd was sleeping peacefully. However, it seemed that threats came in pairs because the Assassins were not alone in their attempts to wreak havoc throughout Helovia. But they had certainly become the least of my worries. The mention of the Basin surprised me because I knew that they were a formidable adversary after they stole Mirage from the Quian, but I had no idea that they intended to invoke genocide on all other species aside from the Unicorns… War was in the air and while I was reluctant to admit it, we had to get ready. Ink had been right to travel to Throat because Mirage had motioned for our warriors and otherwise to train across our borders. I would certainly join them at some point because we had much to consider in light of recent events. We were gaining in numbers, but now we had to hone whatever power we had into a well-oiled machine. Battle was not a friendly creature and I did not want to go into its den without weapons when its yellowed teeth were clearly bared.

Xanthos, your information is most helpful. I think that we need to be prepared for whatever comes our way. The Basin and these Assassins certainly pose a threat and now is the perfect time to train with the Throat. Aaron is right to ask for their help in building a wall because we can use all the help we can get. But we must remember that no matter what lies ahead, we not only have each other to rely on but we can rely on our sister herd as well. We will be ready when and if conflict knocks on our door and I have faith in everyone standing before me; we will not fall.
Thor

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Jasiri Posts: 12
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: 2 Years
Adoptable
I came late, appearing at my daddy's hooves, not knowing any better, drawn by the glitter and flash of golden scales and curiosity more than a real need to learn what, exactly, was to be announced by the dark lady. I struggled to keep quiet, a skill I constantly practiced, as I crept closer to the masses, my cloven hooves delicate and light on the ground, and my eyes were bright and open, exposing my wonder for what exactly was to happen. Surely it would be exciting! About war and battle and news from a land far away! But it was talk, all condolences and ranks, flowing words that did not end, a constant stream of information far over my head to grasp with even a small inkling of understanding. Nearly as soon as I appeared at my dad's flank did I grow bored, and decided it would be best to entertain myself with counting.

Firstly, there was Mirage, the magnificent shadow mare. I recognized her face, but not her name, from a brief time ago when two massive stallions had met with a small, frail-looking mare. Second was a tobiano. I liked her, immediately, because she was golden like me. Third, a paint, big and stocky-ish. He seemed happy, but I was unsure of why. I did hear something about a promotion. What a promotion is, I'm not certain, but it sounds bad. Unless it's good, and that's why he's happy? Fourth, the big bay stallion I had seen with the Earth God. I stared, a little startled, forgetting his small wings. Never had I really seen wings before- or other horned horses. Horses here tended to be equines, not unicorns. Still I wondered if my pearl horn would fall off. Maybe dad was an aberration. I should ask him. Next came a mare without a mane (that was weird- did I lose my mane too eventually?), a black mare, a black stallion, the silver dapple I had seen with the small-winged horse, an inky black stallion, a foal, another tobiano who matched the very first horse, two more foals, daddy of course, another foal, a big white draft... I lost count after that- fifteen horses so far.

I wait impatiently at dad's side, and when the meeting ends, I slip away quietly.

""

war is not just the crash of hooves and snap of teeth, but the ones hidden in the front lines, seeking out the hidden way to win the war

harold.lloyd @ flickr

Gossamer the Benevolent Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: 13
Illusion{Illu}

Gossamer watched the occurrences which followed the initial ones. So many horses all in one place made for quite a muddle. This was, by far, among the largest of the herd meetings she'd ever attended. Not that she was surprised. Mirage had always had a way of amassing friends, even when she hadn't wanted them. A small smile crossing her lips for a moment as she thought it funny Mirage had only accepted her fate of leader after she'd gotten so many followers she could no longer justify NOT being a lead. It was not a bad way to conduct oneself for, if anything, it merely proved an extreme humbleness. That humbleness would continue to ground her to the earth, keeping her strong, and protecting her from those who'd overturn her...

"Oh mousedrops, you need to pay attention. You're not half as old and feeble as you like to make yourself out to be, heart." came Lazulli's curious comment as he landed upon her back.

She scowled inwardly,"I've lived through enough of these to understand the pattern, thank you. Promotions, tears, this group is doing this or that, the world is going to end...etc"

"Yes, but Enna will care. Heart, you are no hatchling, nor are you age'd. Be a hunter once more, love. Deer do not merely walk into you claws." came his retort.

A small eye roll was all he earned and she received a light smack of his tail on her back in return. She knew he was growing tired of her depression, of her acting like a foal. But, sometimes, it felt as if she was drowning in the ocean of her past, unable to surface and see the open air. She would beat the depression....eventually. Perhaps she should speak to Torasin, she thinks. A patch of silver forelock flipped into her eyes and brought her back to the herd meeting. She listened to Mirage's tale of the growing tension with interest. Perhaps, Enna would have a chance, indeed, with her plans....not that she wanted to have any part in it aside from merely relaying information for her. Overall, despite her best efforts, much of the fear and issues addressed were lost on her until the very end, when the one whom she'd hoped to never see again until her death stepped forth, and she felt the world about her crash down again.

"Oh, that bastard, I should have singed his bloody head off!" screamed Lazulli from within her head as he bristled, smoke emitting from his nostrils. She felt her own body tense and watched Aaron for any sign as well, but she saw only mild surprise visible, and decided to follow his suit. Though, she certainly allowed her face to remain stern. Mirage spoke of forgiveness then, and she couldn't help but reel with various emotions. The Shadow was right, certainly, about forgiveness...but Gossamer was not about to let him in once more only to watch him topple her best friend and companion(aside from Lazulli and Indy). Rishima, the Shadows lovely sister, spoke before she could say anything, checking any words which might be said, and she re-thought her planned actions.

From beneath her long forelock she stared out at the scarred, blood colored Paint. She no longer held their past quarrel to him, he'd been acting for what he thought was best, and she let that show when she hoped she'd caught his eye. But she also hoped she got across that, while nearly forgiven, he was not yet trusted. Not by any means. She held a steady, firm gaze for several moments before she dipped her head, ever so slightly, in a physical acknowledgement that he'd have no issues from her. The other horses about her all carried on, and so did she, her attention caught once more by the inky-tailed stallion. A smile crossed her lips again at his sight and she made a note of it to speak to him after the meeting.
blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah