wake me up
wake me up inside
I can’t wake up
wake me up inside
save me
call my name and save

me from the dark
</style>

Her belly was huge.... It was very clear now that Kiara was indeed carrying a child, even if it was unwillingly. Her emerald eyes no longer held the sparkle that she had gained after arriving in Helovia. In fact other than she was now going to be a mother, everything had gone back to the way it had been when she first arrived. Her fear of any male had tripled. Well with the exception of four. Madryn, Maskan, Breeze and Torasin. Once she had returned, the roan remembered that it was the now Moon Doctor she had fought along side in the battle for World's Edge. Her white blanketed rear was marked with four pink scars, two on each side from the horns of one of the former residents. Her mind was wheeling with what it was going to be like to be a mother, if the child ever decided to arrive. Her outside wounds from trying to fight the father of her child were healing thanks to Mirage and her care. Washing away the pain in the creek had helped after all. But how was she going to raise a child when she was barely not a child herself?! Her mind turned again to the males she trusted. Would one step in as a father? No she could never ask any of them to do such a thing. She wasn't even sure she wanted to keep the child. Madryn and Maskan as far as the roan knew did not know anything of her attack. Breeze well.... He had been gone long before she had gone to see about her mother... Torasin she honestly did not know well enough to ask to do such a thing. Besides he was an important member of the herd. Surely he had a mate with a family within the herd.

She reached the cliff side, wondering if it just wouldn't be better to throw herself off the edge and be done with it all. No... no that was the coward's way out of a problem. She was stronger than that right? Emerald eyes widened when the light of the now rising sun revealed she was not alone out here. A stallion, tall and black in color was not far away. The salty sea breeze did allow the fem to catch his scent, and she relaxed a slight bit as he smelled of the Edge just like she did. She did not fully relax, as he was still unknown to her. Surely she should trust the males of the Qian... none had ever hurt her before.... But she just couldn't do it. Oh how she wished to be bold and strong like the other mares that called the Qian their family, but she just couldn't. Emerald green eyes studied the knight from afar instead. He was very handsome, which made it ever more intimidating for her to try and speak to him. After all, who would want to talk to a over sized mare? Snorting she kicked at her belly with her left hooves, wincing as tiny hooves answered her kick from inside. Why wouldn't the child stop tormenting her already and be born? But no the little one seemed to be like his or her father and like to cause her pain. Slowly she turned away from the stallion, accepting that she would never have a happy family with one like him. After all, as the father of the unborn child said... She was good only for a foal producer, as long as the foal was a colt. A shiver ran down her spine as she let her emerald gaze return to the crashing waters below.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
cliff image by John and Tina Reid at gettyimages.com

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Messages In This Thread
Heartstrings - by Destrier - 04-13-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: Heartstrings - by Kiara - 04-13-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: Heartstrings - by Destrier - 04-15-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: Heartstrings - by Kiara - 05-07-2013, 02:36 AM