the Rift

[OPEN] The Truth Beyond What Lies || Iris

Iris Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Iris glided through the warm air; her large jet-black wings propelling her forward. The wind whipped at her long mane; blowing it back. How she loved to fly! Why should one be stuck on the ground if they have the tools of a bird? The wind buffeted her feathers, as she hit a strong gust of wind. She pushed her wings down powerfully, getting through it easily. She snorted with exhilaration. She scanned the ground looking to see if someone was down there or wandering, but she saw no one.

Iris recalled her meeting with Kri in Threshhold not to long ago. She was overjoyed at finally being in a herd! Finally to have a permanent home! She had wandered alone for all those days with no one to talk to, except her own mind, and now this was different. Again, she scanned the landscape below her; looking for someone but only seeing the light orange sand and the reflections of the sun's golden rays upon it. She sighed, maybe she should land after all. She couldn't see a thing from up here! She closed her large wings a slight bit and coasted closer to the ground. She felt the wind ruffle her feathers, and she angled her wings more downward.

As she became a few feet off the ground she closed up her wings, and landed delicately in the sand with the grace of a bird. She tucked her wings in neatly to her sides, and proceeded forward. Her large light grey hooves sank a bit into the light orange sand, no doubt making large prints. A far up ways ahead she noticed the oasis, the sun's liquid golden rays, reflecting off its surface. Suddenly she noticed moment to her right. She whipped her head around and peered into that direction; her icy blue eyes scanning the landscape. She saw a lightly dappled buckskin mare pacing through the sand.

Iris picked up a brisk trot trying to catch up to her. When she finally drew closer, she noticed the mare's majestic black antlers sticking out, and the feather in her tail.
"Hello there!" she called out, hoping to be answered. "My name is Iris, and I'm new to the Dragon's Throat. You're also from around her too, I presume?" She pawed at the light samd nervously. She hoped she wasn't being rude; intruding in this mare's space.

[OOC: Sorry for such a short and bad post! School and homework has been crazy! I'll try to start making my post longer though! :3]

Messages In This Thread
The Truth Beyond What Lies || Iris - by Avalon - 04-23-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: The Truth Beyond What Lies || Iris - by Iris - 04-24-2013, 03:05 AM
RE: The Truth Beyond What Lies || Iris - by Avalon - 04-24-2013, 06:30 PM