angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
Kri protects Sumati.

shimmer-glimmer,
halo, corona,
Halo could be a reference to angels and thus wings, a pegasus reference.
Corona is a crown, and Sumati is leader.

wander and tinker,
pokerface,
Sumati is very manipulative and cunning.

black ace.
Ace of Spades is known as a "death card", and Sumati has murder in her past.

go to the ruined city.
She is currently visiting the Edge, the former home of the Plague.

edit;

Kri also blocks Midas.

shimmer-glimmer,
Reference to his gold highlights and magic.

halo, corona,
Again, halo for a pegasus reference.
Corona meaning crown could refer to the old legend of King Midas.

wander and tinker,
Midas wanders about a lot and also has crafting magic.

pokerface,
Reference to a recent thread with Mauja where he hid his emotions.

black ace.
Color reference. Black and white tobiano = black and white card.

go to the ruined city.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Nuu. :]
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Crash Course was sought.

shimmer-glimmer,
halo, corona,
appearance ref: both halos and coronas are things which outline/are around something, shimmer-glimmer is to make you think bright/shiny. Crash Course's markings are all lined by silver.
wander and tinker,
breed ref: he's a gypsy vanner, which is a breed also known as Tinker Horse. Furthermore, the Romanichals (who bred the horse) were travelers.
pokerface,
personality ref: "He is very in control of his temper and doesn't show emotions very easily."
black ace.
appearance ref: think a deck of cards, they're usually white, and if it's one of the black aces it's black on white.. and Crash is a black tobiano!
go to the ruined city.
relationship ref: he's in love with Arah, or something, and Arah lives home in the Basin! So, of course we want him to go to her. "The Ruined City of Arah" is a Guild Wars 2 dungeon, and if I google "the ruined city" there's at least two The Ruined City of Arah links, as well as several related searches about it (with various tags like armor, maps, etc).

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
shimmer-glimmer,
halo, corona,
appearance ref: both halos and coronas are things which outline/are around something, shimmer-glimmer is to make you think bright/shiny. Crash Course's markings are all lined by silver.

I knew this was an appearance reference from the start, pass.

wander and tinker,
breed ref: he's a gypsy vanner, which is a breed also known as Tinker Horse. Furthermore, the Romanichals (who bred the horse) were travelers.

Another name for a gypsy vanner is also a tinker horse, and the gypsies were nomads. Pass.

pokerface,
personality ref: "He is very in control of his temper and doesn't show emotions very easily."

Definitely got this one right away. I figured it had to do with hiding emotions. I instantly though Paladin for that, but then thought again because of the other clues.

black ace.
appearance ref: think a deck of cards, they're usually white, and if it's one of the black aces it's black on white.. and Crash is a black tobiano!
go to the ruined city.

A black ace, to me, makes me think of a "suit" because a black ace would be either spades or clubs. Also, if you are the "Ace of Spades" is the highest card of the deck, value wise. So personally, I saw this as a rank clue. Also, the "ace" marking is very specific, so while I understand that you meant this to be just a "black and white" reference, I think that the specificity of it is misleading. Fail.

relationship ref: he's in love with Arah, or something, and Arah lives home in the Basin! So, of course we want him to go to her. "The Ruined City of Arah" is a Guild Wars 2 dungeon, and if I google "the ruined city" there's at least two The Ruined City of Arah links, as well as several related searches about it (with various tags like armor, maps, etc).

I was originally going to fail this until I googled it and it showed up on the first page, which is within the rules. However, I also play guild wars, so someone who does not play guild wars needs to look this up and see if the link comes up on the first page. I neither pass nor fail this.

Overall, pass.

Alex the Godspeaker Posts: 11
Master of Mysticism
Mare :: Other :: Very short :: --
Alex
A definite pass. I agree with Tamme on every point- having not played guild wars myself, I would even pass the final clue. I typed it in to google and it actually auto filled "of Arah" before I could search for simply ruined city.