the Rift

To whom it may concern.

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin
The gods embody their very name, which is a god. They are entities who are older than the land itself, the creators of powerful elements, and reside in the metaphysical realm which does not exist on the ground that the mortals walk on. In every way, they are beings who are integral to the site's concept as individuals who can interact to keep plot and originality, but they are entirely outside of the rules. Only administrators can play them, and they are allowed to powerplay, god-mode etc for the logical reason that there is nothing another character can do to stop them. They can grant and take away magic and infuse characters with abilities. In every way, they would be able to avoid being stolen. That is the logical basis. I have spoken to you before about Murder's crows and have been waiting for you to post; that is the only hang-up.

Murder Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
You could have posted REs in the thread with Ophelia, or the one with Cass way back, or even a specific one just for Murder but that hasn't happened either. I've mostly been holding off posting because I wanted something exciting to happen. I thought it would be very interesting if he managed to just snatch the God and simply say "give me my crows and you go free." I feel like nothing interesting can happen on this site without admin permission and agreement and its kind of bumming me out. Even if its not technically "possible" it sure as heck would have been interesting. But I'm just a mere mortal, so stupid of me to try and spice things up a bit.

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin
The problem is the timeline with those. And the fact that you have not posted. The one with Cass way back predates the one where Ophelia asked for the Time God to give his crows back. The wait was for you to post somewhere again where the timeline fell after that moment. Plenty of interesting things happen all the time, but just like with any site, life and in general, there are guidelines to keep the story "believable" to its purpose. In order for the admin to be able to have the power to grant magic, etc, there has to be a way in which admin can override the rules that everyone else has to follow to keep the site functioning in a way that is a safe environment for all players (like powerplay and godmoding). The gods are the admin's tool to do this and provide a basis for the concept of the site. The interesting elements are supposed to come from player created plot; this is the literary and creative freedom the site provides to allow interactions with each other to drive forward any ideas. Therefore the gods are not a player tool, but an admin tool.

Also, consider the OOCness of this here. The admins are three people and a few junior admins who all also have their own characters they have to consider, block, play, etc. They have their own threads and plots. We, in addition to everything else, have to play the gods. It would be impossible for the admin to handle the possibility of a stealth, challenge, etc to an entity who cannot logically be stealthed/challenged. Thus why they are entities which exist in their own realm to be above everyone else.

The same way that you cannot summon an RE is the same reason you cannot summon a god. It's also the reason that the NPC account exists, to give the players freedom within the logical and inherent parameters of the game. Interesting is then a state of mind. If interactions with the gods is what is interesting to you, that is why we have the veins. But the main focus of this game is the community and the characters within it, and it has always been this way.

So, I hope this explains more of the game's concept and why the gods cannot be stolen, both logically IC and OOC. If you feel it necessary to add to the rules, we can do so. However, because the gods can do anything and built the world, it stood to reason that a character who resides in their world would have no jurisdiction over their world.

Also, admin permission and agreement with the gods is just the same as asking the player's permission to RP or do something to their character. We play and created the gods, so they are our entities. It would stand to reason that you would ask us as the players of the gods just as you would ask the player of any other character.

But, we are always open to ideas and creative resolutions. Rest assured that something interesting was going to happen/is going to happen. Admin would just rather have it be a surprise for the site to enjoy. We were simply waiting for a post.

Murder Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I understand all of this. I get they are "above" everyone too. I just feel like calling it impossible doesn't really fit since unicorns aren't possible, pegusi {sp?} are not possible, dragon horses are not possible. Heck how would it be possible to steal Mirage since she can morph into a dragon? There are plenty of characters based on their magic that could not feasibly be stolen.

I guess I never really saw the Gods as an "outside" and untouchable force exactly, more as the most powerful beings that still had weaknesses in a way. I even kind of thought they had "mortalish" forms when they dealt with the characters. They never came off to me as all powerful, which I really enjoyed.

I respect what you guys do, really, and mostly I wanted this to work so I could finally get enough muse to MAKE these posts I need. When I read the rules and saw anyone can steal anyone that's exactly how I took it, because technically with that wording it would mean the Gods are free game. So yes, perhaps you should just add an extra sentence excluding the Gods from stealths, just to prevent future confusion.

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
This is where I can agree that there is a line that is often blurred between sites, individual interpretations, etc. Unicorns are not possible, pegasi are not possible, heck, even magic is not possible. Helovia sits on the basis that unicorns, pegasi, and equines are normal. Magic, companions and things that you have to earn are not normal. Therefore the gods, as creators and controllers of these not normal entities makes them different from the normal.

With characters, it is assumed that even with magic, they are not all powerful. All characters have a weakness. With Mirage, she could be exposed to fumes like choloform and be induced into a comatose state, or she could be entranced. Magic like this does not work on the gods because they control it.

The gods do speak in an equine based form and have sort of a fleshy, corporeal body, but they cannot die. They are the magic they give. Their bodies are powered not by biochemistry and physiochemical effects but metaphysical power. So in a sense, they are like the Greek gods. Untouchable except by those like Hercules (demi-god), and the titans (right now, monsters that exist between time rifts like the thread where time god bled trying to fight off the monster in the drop). Together, they are all powerful, but between them lies a balance that can be used for gain, like when Mirage wanted land and the Moon god blessed her, wanting the mixed-worshipping herd out.

I understand the issue with muse. But I can tell you that we have had a plan to return the crows since they were first stolen, but we just have been waiting. Technically, anyone does not include gods because gods are not bound by the rules in the document, but I see your point. It can and will be adjusted, so thank you for your input.