the Rift

[OPEN] Patrols [MANDATORY HERD MEETING/AC CHECK]

Donai Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

DONAI

The Leopard

It… is bloody cold! My body hissed at me with every step I take into fresh snow as I moved through the foothills. An obvious shivering and pitiful cat cringing with every stinging foot step further. I came out of the shadows as they no longer served in hiding me, the snow illuminated the ground and every nook and cranny it had to offer, my only hope in warmth was to curl up under the protective branches of pine trees who’s branches spread out close to the ground keeping the rising snow out once it grew deep enough. Still I marched though this was incredibly risky on my part, the cold was quickly sapping my strength and frankly I hadn’t much to offer in the first place.

Still, the crescent shaped tracks lay out before me gave relieving hint that I was close, so to conserve energy I walked in them. My paws breaking the wall that separated a thin carved out clearing and a vast ocean of frozen water, I picked up my pace marching in the cleared trail feeling quite pleased with myself.
One might expect a big cat to have grown in the fur coat to keep warm for conditions like these but being born in a place where the lowest temperatures sit around the 40’s I’ve never had a need for long fur.
Spotting the gathering of giants I approached very cautiously, attempt to not be seen by any of them. The voice of the leader boomed through the valley with confidence and authority, all eyes and ears turned to her, I was no exception. Again, I was surprised by the shear beauty of these animals. The one speaking, a shimmering white with her neck and tail fading to a brilliant red. I couldn’t help the twitching of my tail in envy of her beauty. I sat on my haunches a mere silhouette figure quietly examining the group from the back, all of these animals were beautiful! Glimmering coats, vibrant colors, and they carry themselves with such confidence. With the bonus that they all smell like dinner. My ears flattened back and I crouched down in the snow lying flat so that the walls of snow hiding all but my head, but the snow also served to block the biting wind. Right now I had to do everything I could to conserve heat, because this thin sleek coat of mine wasn’t going to cut it. I was quiet as everyone as the leader spoke and I intended to make myself scarce, I've not been doing much since my arrival to the Grey and I was sure every bit of me showed it. My absence is inexcusable and I wasn't about to make excuses, only show this group that I mean business and intend to prove myself to them.