the Rift

[OPEN] THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
This time I do not imagine the DragonHeart when she appears by my side and though she is not as forlorn as I have become, there is a familiar darkness in her eyes that makes my heart ache. I cannot help but reach out to her, eager to soothe the pain that lingers reluctantly in her smoldering gaze, but I know that I do not possess the power she needs to overcome her secrets and therefore I do not press her for answers.

I am delighted to see Akaith after so much time apart and I smile warmly to the little Gold, hoping to find relief in her jubilance. It is still an amazing thing to me -the concept of companions- and I cannot help but envy the bond they share. They are one in the same despite the flesh that separates them physically. However, I am drawn away from my musing to indulge the soft sounds of dragon-speak and I am happy to be wholly consumed by its wonder. “My friend, I’m afraid that I’ve let you carry my burdens for far too long. I only wish to ask of you one last thing- give me your guidance so that I might be able to become a suitable counterpart to your reign… You carry the weight of the world on your shoulders and I want to help you now, I want to share your load.” I step closer to the dragon-mare and I press my lips to her cheek, hoping that she will find respite in my support.

You appear to be just as troubled as I and I will not tolerate such pain. You have given everything to this herd, this family… Let us return the favor Mirage. Let us help you.” For a moment, I look out towards the horizon, content to listen to the rushing of the waves and the crashing of the tide upon the shores far below. We live in such a beautiful place made of light and beauty- we have thrived and benefited from Mirage’s undying faith in our cause and I cannot help but feel that we owe it to her to stand behind her when even the darkest days come calling. When my gaze once again finds its way to the golden eyes of my dearest friend, I cannot help but smile at her, inspired by a new courage that seemed so lost just moments before.

Perhaps I am not as strong as she, but that does not mean that I cannot follow in her footsteps.

But, I am not so hopeful for long… Because there is much that we need to discuss and though my humility longs to avoid it, I cannot allow it to be ignored. “Mirage… I am sorry for my absence as of late, but I must ask-” The words do not find their way to my lips and I do not resist the urge to look away, certain that when I find the courage to find her golden gaze once more, pain will have clouded the powerful eyes of my beloved mentor and friend. “Torasin… Are the rumors true?

The scent of the sea and the taste of salt distracts me as the silence between us grows larger. I do not want to know the truth, but I cannot hide from it any longer. My strength has all but disappeared but I know that I must be strong for her, if not for myself. Without any more hesitation, I turn to her and press against her, giving her the skeletons of my pain so that she might find power in their sustenance. I know it is not much, but I long to aid her in her travels… whatever they might be.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-13-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-15-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-19-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-23-2013, 10:37 AM