the Rift

[OPEN] THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The news washes over me in a rush and I am quiet, removed. For a moment I let myself fall away to the edge of the cliff and leap into the waves below, content to imagine their depths taking over me. I cannot speak for awe and shock have stolen my words and made them stone. Murdered. Who could do such a thing- take a life for no damn good reason at all? They had a family, they had us… and now they were nothing more than the ground we stood upon. It was sickening, angering… Suddenly I was simply mad. Coldness seems to sweep over me and I am ignorant to the rigid Queen at my side. Perhaps there is a small part of my subconscious that registers her grief, but I do not acknowledge it with words. Instead I press into her shoulder as we stare quietly into eternity pondering the evil that has somehow infiltrated our ranks.

I’m sorry…” My mind barely recognizes the odd sound of my own voice and before I know it, I am lost to the intricacy that hides behind each syllable. Words that have found their way past my teeth many times seem to have taken a different meaning and I cannot understand them as I once did. It is blasphemy, pure and simple. However, there is not much time for debate because I am once again drawn to the soft drone of the DragonHeart. Though, I do concede that I am not thrilled to hear what she has to say, apart from her blessing behind the choice to make me King. However, as Akaith had a tendency to do, she lightened the mood with a friendly nudge upon my broad shoulder.

I couldn’t help the smile that warmed my heart at her hospitality. She really had grown on me- a beloved friend just like her bonded.

Hard times ahead mean that I will have to endure more now than ever and though I am uncertain as to what may come, I feel confident that we are more than prepared to face whatever dangers Mirage is concerned about. “Will we not pursue the evil that has taken life from us? I don’t intend to wage war by any means, but I don’t want our home to be mistaken for an easy target. You know that I will stand beside whatever you desire my friend, but I am always curious to know your motives.” I pause to take a breath and then decide that I have said more than enough. Although I do not acknowledge her praise, I know that she is more than aware of my gratitude because she has restored to me the confidence to move forward.

When I look to my Queen once more, I lower my face to her own in hopes that she might see all that she has done for me. Her golden eyes appear to be clouded with pain, with grief, but I am unwavering. Whatever chaos that exists in her heart seems all-consuming and certainly nothing that I can fix on my own, but I give her my loyalty and my heart if only in the name of family. Slowly, I close my eyes, still trying to understand the complexity of her words so that I might be able to offer her my guidance. But of course, I am all too aware of her power and her strength. When I reopen them, I turn to Akaith in hopes that she will know what I am giving to them both- my strength, my power, and most of all my love. They have taken me so far away from all that has ever plagued me and soothed the agony.

It is only fair for me to allow them the same.

We will make it through. Give me purpose and see it fulfilled.” I could remember the first time I’d encountered the dragon-mare and her companion and I had said much the same back then as I did now. If she needed me to be strong, then I would prevail- this was my chance to repay her for all that she had given me.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-13-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-15-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-19-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-23-2013, 10:37 AM